| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
As seen in the Black Market.
|Weapon in Just Cause 2|
|Maximum ammunition carried||Up to 240|
|Maximum ammunition in the weapon||Up to 30|
|To unlock||70000 Chaos points|
|List of owners||Agency|
Pandak "Baby" Panay
The Assault Rifle is a weapon in Just Cause 2.
For any other type of assault rifle, see Assault Rifle (disambiguation).
The weapon is almost identical to the Colt M4A1, though it features a Galil-like skeleton stock, a cheek rest on top of the stock and different sights. The weapon's front sight is folded down in the Black Market image. This is not unusual as the sights on many real weapons can be folded down, to prevent damage while for example running through a forest.
It also resembles the M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle.
When fully upgraded, the Assault Rifle has a very high rate of fire, but still lacking compared to other weapons such as the Machine Gun. It's a medium range weapon, being more accurate than the Shotgun or a Sawed-Off Shotgun, but less accurate than the Pistol or Revolver. Aiming with the weapon, like all guns, increases its accuracy and therefore conserving ammunition. While it does deplete its ammunition capacity relatively quickly, it becomes very common later in the game, making ammunition abundant. At the start of the game, only officers and elites are seen using these. At 3 stars level or above, it can juggle kill grunts easily and oddly enough gives them a bit of hang-time, which can be used to accumulate fall kills from high structures. It can also make short work of Water Towers pretty easy. Its balance of damage and fire rate means that it is more of an "all-around" weapon when compared to other automatic weapons. It does seem odd though that when upgraded each time, only two more rounds are added to the magazine size. This does however mean that the power of the assault rifle becomes deadly, making just one shot to the head necessary.
|Maximum ammunition (not including the magazine)||160||176||192||208||224||240|
|Minimum number of shots to kill a grunt||4||3||3||3||2||2|
|Minimum number of shots to kill an elite||9||8||7||6||5||5|
- Many missions, such as "A Just Cause", provide an Assault Rifle.
- It's one of the first few weapons to be unlocked in the Black Market, where one with 180 rounds costs $55,000.
- In the Ular Boys' opium-storage temple (Lelaki Temple) at X:13400; Y:30630. You may have to complete the mission Holy Smoke! to unlock this spawn point.
- An unmarked colonel in an Agency mission uses one. This is the only time a colonel can be found with one.
- Most colonel's bodyguards have one.
- Masayo Washio uses one.
- Pandak "Baby" Panay uses one at the end of A Just Cause.
- Used by military and faction elites. Likewise, they can also appear at their faction HQs:
- Port Kepulauan Pelaut. There are two ammunition boxes of this here.
- One of the loading images shows a Panauan soldier in front of a Propaganda Trailer, holding what looks like an AK-47, an assault rifle that doesn't actually make an appearance in the game itself.
- The assault rifle could be considered as a successor to the two assault rifles from Just Cause (1), the Adler FF M-72 and the Haswell Gen2 Vindicator.
- This weapon may well have been sold to the Panau Military during the reign of Papa Panay. After all, the Agency did sell them the Flak Cannons (as stated in Welcome to Panau). The Panau Military could have started mass-producing these after Pandak "Baby" Panay took rule, as copies of real weapons are often mass produced in other nations.