| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Anvil omni directional industrial mech|
This one is marked for ownership by the Former Prisoners of Lacrima.
|Vehicle in Just Cause 3|
|Type||Omni directional industrial mech|
|Rarity||Common on Insula Lacrima, not found elsewhere|
|List of owners||eDEN Corporation|
Former Prisoners of Lacrima
|Top speed (km/h)||84 (Gear Mods can increase this to about 125)|
|Top speed (mph)||~52|
The vehicles was first seen in an 8-view picture published shortly after the Sky Fortress DLC. See the gallery below. In that picture the vehicle is called "Anvil omni directional industrial mech".
- "Mechanized eDEN Corporation Helper" - This seems to have been their "official" name, mentioned in Eden Callaghan tapes.
- "Mech" - Mentioned by Eden at some point. This is possibly meant as a shorter version of the above name.
- "Lifter" - Mentioned by Eden at some point.
It's a big 4-legged machine with a drivers cabin in the middle and two mechanical arms on the sides. The left hand has a gravity manipulation device that looks like a big electro magnet and the right hand differs by type of machine. The top half of the vehicle has the engine and has the arms attached to it. It can rotate freely.
The Black Hand has weaponized all the ones they've obtained (making the unarmed version unobtainable). Some only have a "Bavarium Splitter" weapon on the right arm and some have an autocannon along with armor panels.
A special variant, the Reaper Missile Mech, can be rebel dropped as part of the Reaper Missile Mech DLC. It is equipped with a Fire Leech, and has a unique dark grey/light blue coat of paint. Like other mechs, it is affected by Gear Mods.
According to official promotional info, this vehicle is "a heavily armored mech armed with a gravity gun that allows objects to be picked up and powerfully thrown in any direction. Although the mech is as strong as a tank, it is highly maneuverable and agile and behaves unlike anything else in the game."
It is equipped with a custom HUD, showing health, speed, shield health and a weapon cooldown meter. The Autocannon can fire 20 shots before having to cool and the Fire Leech can fire 5 shots.
The machine has "mecanum wheels" (mecanum wheel at wikipedia youtube videos of demonstration) at the ends of all 4 legs. The legs automatically stabilize the vehicle on uneven ground. About 45 degree hills do not stop it. The maximum speed is 84 km/h, but the Gear Mods can improve this to over 100 km/h.
The left hand is a gravity manipulation device and the right hand is equipped with either a Bavarium Splitter, Fire Leech, or an Autocannon, depending on mech type.
It's unknown how long the vehicles' batteries last (because there is no game mechanic for them to ever actually run out of energy), but it is known that they depend on Mech Charging Stations.
Versions and locationsEdit
This mech is unarmed and equipped for only construction and demolition:
- Lots of them in the Hive inaccessible underground warehouse during the mission Storming the Hive. These are all in blue and white paint. The underground warehouse has 3 floors full of them, but it's unknown how many there are.
- Also shown in pre-release photos. These are brown.
- Also mentioned in Bavarium Sea Heist by Eden Callaghan, explaining their purpose in an Eden Callaghan tape.
These are said to have all been purchased and later pillaged from the eDEN Corporation and then repainted and weaponized.
- Numerous mechs, both autocannon and splitter, can be found parked at both the Nebio Sud Weapons Shipment Yard, and at Nebio Nord's Weapons Warehouse. These will stick around even after liberation.
- Before liberation, these two locations will also be crawling with enemy Mechs.
- Both variants of the Black Hand mech can be uncommonly found in traffic.
- During Stowaway and Storming the Hive.
- Sometimes seen attacking Guardia Libeccio I.
These are all captured from the Black Hand and lazily repainted.
- The autocannon variant is unlocked for Rebel drop after liberating the Weapons Shipment Yard.
- The Bavarium splitter variant is unlocked for rebel drop after liberating the Weapons Warehouse.
- Friendly Mechs can be found engaged with the Black Hand during the mission Storming the Hive. This mission is also the only time you can see prisoner mechs being used by other people other than Rico.
- A "Rebel Support" variant is unlocked for Rebel drop after completing the mission Storming the Hive. This version will come with a Lacrima Rebel pilot and will assist the player in combat.
Reaper Missile MechEdit
This is a separate Downloadable content for Just Cause 3.
It differs from the others by having no Faction colors and symbols and being blue. The cabin looks different from the others and it's armed with a unique weapon. It has much less visible armor than the others and resembles the original unarmed eDEN mechs that are seen during the mission Storming the Hive. It also has smaller engines in both the upper and lower parts of the body. It does not have the eDEN assistant voice. The "fire leech" can fire 5 times (4 rockets per shot) before it needs to cool.
Rebel drop info: "Similar to other Mechs in operation, but the Reaper Missile Mech sports a different, more sleek design. Oh, and its right arm features a devastating Fire Leech."
Strangely it does not show up in the search results, if you search for "Just Cause 3" on Steam. To find it you'll have to specifically search for "Reaper Missile Mech", or "Reaper Missile". It's also hidden for PS4 players. See here for the PS4 version.
Without Gear Mods, Rico is actually much more vulnerable inside the Reaper Missile Mech than he is in other mechs. Lacking armor, the driver's cabin is almost completely exposed, meaning that enemies can shoot him right through the glass, and with little difficulty. Therefore, it's possible for Rico to bleed out and die without sustaining almost any damage to his mech.
- In reality, these type of wheels would only function efficiently on relatively flat and hard surfaces.
- A similar type of wheels are "omni wheels" (omni wheel at wikipedia and youtube videos of demonstration), which sound like they might have something to do with an "omni directional" vehicle.
- This method of locomotion and the mech's overall shape is likely inspired by the Kuratas, a real piloted machine inspired by mecha anime designs.
- The rebel versions are almost never seen in use by the rebels on Insula Lacrima, but it is possible to get a rebel driving one. That is the rebel support variant.
- The only time that rebel-piloted versions of the mech can be observed is in the mission Storming the Hive, in which a few of them are seen doing battle with Black Hand mechs.
- The GRIP can hold objects even when the Mech is exited, which means the GRIP does not rely on any sort of power source to function.
- Like the Urga Mstitel and Imperator Bavarium Tank, mechs can feature Bavarium force field technology. However, the setup is almost entirely different for them than it is for other shielded vehicles. A mech can only equip an energy shield via Gear Mods. This makes it the only shielded vehicle not to receive its shield by default, and the only one to make Rebel drop a "requirement" for shield usage. Additionally, the shield only protects the upper portion of the mech (specifically the driver's cabin) thus leaving its arms and legs vulnerable to attack.
- To help compensate, a mech's shield, once activated, never needs to automatically shut down and cool off. The shield works a lot like a hit point meter; only shutting down after the meter has been completely depleted. Gear Mods can strengthen the shield enough to withstand immense physical abuse and punishment; although it still won't make the mech indestructible.
- Because the shield is directly tied with Gear Mods, it is impossible to discover a "shielded" mech during normal gameplay. Only mechs which Rico "drops" for his own personal use can come with shields. That means that in-universe, the shields are only on the Mechs when Mario and co's garages have modified a Mech to have it.
- According to Eden Callaghan's audio tapes, Mech is an acronym for Mechanized eDEN Corporation Helper.
Black Hand variationsEdit
Former Prisoners of Lacrima variationsEdit
Reaper Missile MechEdit