| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
This article is about all the game content that has been known to have existed before the release of Just Cause 3, but was cancelled from the final release. For other games in the Just Cause game series, see Cut game content (disambiguation).
Why and how?Edit
Game developers often experiment with different game features before deciding on a final form. This often results in awesome, or interesting features being cancelled, in favour of something better/different, or sometimes just to save disk space. This article lists what the Modding community and more observant players in general have discovered.
A discussion about this is at Thread:23697.
Several things below may spoil things from the game, or its DLCs.
At one point the developers considered adding microtransactions into Just Cause 3. We know this from the screenshots that were leaked in November 2014, before the game was announced. The game developers denied this and said that they reconsidered their business model to stay with full price games. The final game does not have any microtransactions and is available at full price.
Altered names for vehicles, weapons and locationsEdit
A select few famous gamers on Youtube were each allowed to play the game prior to release for a total of one day and upload gameplay videos. These videos had different names for many items. Those videos also often had different tags on them, like "Pre-alpha", "Visuals not final" and such.
- "CSV" became CS27 Misfortune.
- "Fireleach" became Fire Leech.
- "URGA Vdova" became Urga Vdova 89.
- "UP39" was renamed to "UP-39" and then renamed again to U-39 Plechovka.
- "UP-61" became UPM61.
- "UPU 210" became UPU-210.
- "UVK 13" became UVK-13.
- "Corda Dracon: Torre Central" became Corda Dracon: Centcom.
- Cava Montana was called a "Bavarium Base" in the pre-release promotional video titled "Bavarium Base Takedown".
- Porto Vena might have been called "Porto Sirocco" at one point in development. In the Di Ravello tapes, the character De Luca was a brigadier general at this "Porto Sirocco". It is possible that "Sirocco" could've been split into Sirocco Sud and Sirocco Nord and the port subsequently renamed as well.
According to a leaked screenshot and some game files, all vehicles seem to have been named something else initially and the names "Urga", "Autostraad", "Mugello" and "Stria" were in most cases added later.
- "Autostraad D70" became Autostraad D700.
- "Kletterer 300" became Autostraad Kletterer 300.
- "CS Assault Chopper" became CS Navajo.
- "Placeholder Name" became Stria Obrero.
- "Mugello Delphino GLF" became Weaponized Pescespada SS.
- "Urga Pocomaxa X4" became Weaponized Urga Ogar.
- "Eubus Eagle" (duplicate) became News Chopper. The pre-launch Rebel drop listed two Eubus Eagles.
- "Kensington Serpente R" became "Kerner Serpente R12" and then Kerner Serpente R.
- The brand name "Stria" was renamed from "Solar".
- Game files call the U41 Ptakojester by the following names:
- "v4603_plane_urga_cargotransport_mm340" - This one drops paratroopers during a mission.
- "v4603_plane_urga_cargotransport_military_cargo_tank" - This one is programmed to contain an armored vehicle, but it's not used.
Completely cut vehiclesEdit
- "Autostraad Snowmobile". Cut completely, but "v3001_bike_autostraad_snowmobile_debug.ee" still exists.
- Submarine. Cut completely, but a camera script named "vehicle_submarine_camera" still exists.
- Some military planes were reported here.
- Amphibious car. Concept art was found for an amphibious car resembling a Gibbs Aquada.
- Custom Stria PW 220 R-GT.
- Custom Mugello Raffinati Vitesse.
- Custom Stria Cucciola.
- Premium Squalo X7.
- Premium Autostraad D90.
- Premium Mugello Vistosa.
- Premium Urga Ogar 7 V8.
- Police Eubus Eagle.
- DLC Testcar. This is a pink Mugello Vistosa with flames painted on the hood; different rear side windows and no spoiler.
*Nobody knows for sure what happened with the Custom and Premium vehicles. All that is known is that the vehicle files are still in the game. But when the game is modified to make the vehicles spawn, they are exact copies of the default vehicles.
The game files also mention:
- "v1500_boat_solar_jetski_signature_01" - This could be the Stria PW 220 R-GT, but it's not really known.
- "v0500_car_solar_oldmini_signature_01" - Could be the Stria Cucciola, but again, it's not really known.
Mugello Vistosa rear endEdit
The Mugello Vistosa is the first JC3 sports car that was revealed in promotional materials. The rear end has been redesigned a little with additional ventilation holes. See the DLC Testcar looks similar due to its lack of a spoiler, but the DLC Testcar does have the additional rear ventilation mesh.
Originally the Urga Bkolos 2100 armament was called "Tank cannon small". Now it is "Light cannon".
Weapon on Urga Szturm 63AEdit
If you take a close look at the MG on the Urga Szturm 63A you will realize something is wrong with the design. See a close up picture in the gallery below.
The gun mount has a blue ammunition box with a bullet feed that goes nowhere, while the MG itself also has an ammunition box and bullet feed. This means that at one point in time, this vehicle was supposed to have another weapon on top of it.
Antenna on the Imperator Bavarium TankEdit
The Imperator Bavarium Tank used to have a long vertical antenna on the turret.
The promotional artwork version seems even wider and has large external fuel tanks on the sides. This one lacks color, suggesting it was in development before being changed into a simple design.
In even more previous concept art, it was revealed to be painted green, and to have a different tail rotor, more resembling one from an Apache or Mi-28.
Police Stria JoiaEdit
At the same time the Medici Police Department was depicted, the police Joias were seen in a clean form. In the final game, these are now rusted and decaying, indicating they haven't been used for a long time.
According to the "The art of Just Cause 3" book that came with the collectors edition: "The graphic design on this police car was inspired by the Lamborghini's used in Italy's police force. As the game progressed and we phased out the police forces, these cars are now, for narrative reasons, abandoned throughout the countryside but still driveable."
Pre-release screenshots from the Medici Police Department page will show how the Stria Joia would be in a clean color.
In concept art, it was also revealed to resemble the Kamov Ka-52 more, featuring a single machine gun mount, coaxial rotors, an upwards pointing tail fin and ordinary glass windows. It seems inferior to the Urga Hrom D, or possibly even the CS Navajo.
In concept art of the CS Comet, it was revealed that it would originally be painted in a navy gray, with the letters "787" on the side.
As revealed through concept art, the CS Baltdjur was originally painted green. No other changes were noticed in the images.
As revealed in concept art, the Stria Gioco originally had a much different grille, headlights. Also noted were larger headlights, windows and wing mirrors. This was originally manufactured by 'Solar', revealed by the label on the rear.
- "Stun gun" - Discovered by a modder, who made it available in a mod. It's reported to be brokenish.
- "DLC test gun" - Discovered by a modder, who made it available in a mod. "Some kind of pink shotgun with no sounds and weird projectiles (also has no reload function so i recommend using a trainer to give it infinite shots)"
- "GuitaRPG" rocket launcher has been found in the game files. It's a guitar case that shoots rockets. This was likely the weapon for the cut mafia faction. Rico holds this weapon in a unique aiming pose.
Weapons on Rico's backEdit
An early promotional screenshot shows the weapons on Rico's back being pointed downward and being completely paralleled. Now they're pointing up and are angled as a V.
One screenshot shows there being two Urga Vdova 89 MGs on Rico's back. In the final game it is not possible to carry two of the same two-handed weapon.
Mounted gun top handlesEdit
Grenade launcher like in JC2Edit
One of the pre-announcement leaked screenshots (see below in the gallery) shows Rico using a weapon that is not seen. The weapon icon looks like the Grenade Launcher from Just Cause 2. This refers to the forth picture in the gallery.
Medici Police DepartmentEdit
According to pre-release promotional materials, the Medici Police Department was supposed to be in the game as a functional police force, but this was cancelled. The Modifying community has found models and script settings for them in the game files.
The police is still mentioned in the collectable Di Ravello tapes.
Just like the police, model and script remains still exist in the game files. According to the "The art of Just Cause 3" book that comes with the collectors edition of the game, Looch is one of the mafia characters. The book also has about 10 drawings of different mafia member heads.
These guys were likely armed with the "GuitaRPG" weapon.
The leaked screenshots also show several different ways for the Black Market/game menu to be displayed.
Originally Rico was supposed to access an unknown menu named "Profile" on his Grappling hook (see gallery below). It listed provinces, which due to the game being incomplete, were named "Province O" and "Province B" at "REGION1". It also listed "Air Time".
The final design of the Grappler still has a small screen on it that displays multiple statistics. The full-size grappler model that came with the collectors edition of the game also has the same screen and allows a better view:
- The parachute has been open for 30 seconds.
- The time is 13:56.
- There's 2/3 of battery left.
- The player is heading to the north-west.
- There's a challenge 3000 meters to the north north-east.
- The player has traveled 437 meters down from where he jumped.
- The player is currently in the air and has been in the air for 38 seconds.
Burnt town LODEdit
The burnt towns in Insula Striate look much lighter from the distance. The light walls are only visible at the most distant LOD level. Maybe they were originally suppose to have lighter walls, like the usual ancient ruins, or maybe they were normal towns, until changed to appear in ruins?
According to some pre-release screenshots and a video, this mission was supposed to take place during the day time, but the mission now takes place at night entirely.
Also, a part of the opening cut-scene was used in a trailer. That cut-scene was later remade for the final game. In the final version Tom is not wearing his hat and the discussion takes place at Dimahs lab, instead of an empty room.
Global Change ProjectEdit
According to statements made at the end of Storming the Hive (the last mission in the Mech Land Assault DLC), the Black Hand were themselves using stolen eDEN Corporation technology to construct something at sea. They called it the "Global Change Project". The mission strongly implies that this would be the subject of the Bavarium Sea Heist DLC. Really the Sea Heist DLC ended up getting the Stingray Area, a set of several large old eDEN off-shore rigs. There are indeed several Black Hand floating outposts in the area, but there's no evidence of them having used stolen eDEN technology and their project was never heard from again.
Kasabian Trailer animated sequenceEdit
The beginning sequence of the "Kasabian Trailer" is animated and features multiple things that don't exist in that form in the final game:
- Suspension bridge that resembles the bridges around Panau City. There are no suspension bridges in Medici.
- Rico's Mugello Vistosa does not have a spoiler. Originally the rear end of that car was indeed different. See above in the "Mugello Vistosa rear end" section. The different Vistosa still exists in the game files, allowing some Modifications (PC only) to spawn it for use.
- The CS Navajo in the video is armed with a machine gun, in addition to the missiles. In the final game it has two types of missiles and no machine gun.
- The Urga Postolka in the video is armed with a single machine gun in the front center. In the final game it has two, mounted under small wings on the sides.
- Rico is armed with an unknown rocket launcher. There are several Rocket Launchers in Just Cause 3, but not that one.
- It could be a Fire Leech in beta form. The design looks vaguely similar to it.