They are President Salvador Mendozas foreign mercenaries (officially the "foreign security specialists"). They wear black uniforms and all their vehicles are either black, or a combination of black and dark gray. See also: Faction colors.
"The Black Hand? What the hell are they doing here?" - Tom Sheldon during the mission River of Blood.
After the mission Guadalicano Choo Choo they will take on the roll of the Police in village liberations. They use more sophisticated equipment than the police and are also more aggressive, sending in more helicopters that also retain a more aggressive behaviour. While the police usually equip themselves with small arms like revolvers and rarely use grenades, the Black Hand are almost the opposite. Vehicles with mounted guns are also seen a lot more during the liberations. At higher heat levels, the Black Hand will get involved in pursuing Rico.
- Ejértico Revolucionario de Liberación (the Guerrillas).
- The Agency (Rico).
- Rioja Cartel.
- Anyone else who opposes them.
- They might be named after the famous real world terrorist group called "Black Hand", that started World War I. Link to wikipedia. However that is not the only (or first) real world group that called itself the "Black Hand".
- There are a lot of "Black Hand" factions and other organzations in many other works of fiction. Examples include:
- Dark Brotherhood, a joinable faction of assassins in the Elder Scrolls series.
- A special opps section (The Black Hand) of the Brotherhood of Nod's forces.