| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Settlement in Medici|
|Type||Island with some fortress ruins|
|Coordinates||N 40 37.225 E 5 26.585|
|Missions that take place here||None|
Boom Island is a mysterious island in Just Cause 3.
It's a medium sized island located in the south-west of Medici. Its name most likely refers to the large amount of Red Barrels at the ruins around the island. The island also has a system of gravel roads over it. The roads are all relatively smooth and designed for higher speeds, some of the roads are even at a sideways angle like a roller coaster. There are several large gaps in the roads that require the player to jump over a cliff.
There's a lot of goats grazing on the island.
The island is notable because of 3 sets of star fort ruins surrounding the bay containing explosive barrels and being possible to Fast Travel to from the start of the game.
On the console versions of the game, starting up Just Cause 3 while game installation is still in progress will allow the player to play on Boom Island. This may also explain the large distance between Boom Island and the rest of the Medici landmass.
Boom Island could also be a test island, as there are terrain errors, such as floating plants etc. However minor map errors are not too uncommon.
Points of interestEdit
|Medici Military Urga Ogar 7 V8||40 37.010||5 26.685|
|The Rebellion Urga Ogar 7 V8||40.37.260||5 26.680|
|Military Weaponized Urga Ogar (this is a DLC vehicle, so it only spawns for those who have the DLC).||40 37.245||5 26.535|
|40 37.440||5 26.790|
- Boom Island is the most southern area of Medici.
- There is no way to get from Boom Island to the main parts of Medici while Just Cause 3 is installing.
- It gets very foggy here at night, boats also crash into the island at these times. Sometimes boats crash here even when it's not foggy or night.
- One of the 3 Simpsons easter egg locations is found nearby the island. The location has a UPU-210 above an underwater pillar and a helicopter floating next to it. These three locations can be seen on the map after hacking a train missile car.
- Just like in the Volcano island in Medici, for reasons unknown even after total liberation of Scolio and Insula Lacrima, Black Hand vehicles will still spawn near the island. Those include: Custode 29s, Military Corvettes, CS Powerrun 77s, Urga Postolkas, and CS Navajos.
- It has been reported that an AI U-7 Dravec that takes off at Vulture will eventually fly over this island.
- In what appears to be a development error/glitch, there is a circle near the island that is really nothing. If you clip the camera just right through the very top of the water and look down you can see the circle floating just above the ocean floor. However it is just a plain white circle with nothing to look at.