| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
|Previous||Welcome to Panau|
|Next||The White Tiger|
|Location||Panau Falls Casino,|
Karl Blaine's Residence
Maria Kane takes Rico to Karl Blaine's Residence, but Karl is not there. A TV is on and Shortly president Pandak "Baby" Panay announces "People of Panau, it is I, your reverned and humble leader; Pandak Panay. Today I have chosen to shut down the den of foreign decadence known as Panau Falls Casino."
Jade Tan appears behind Maria, pointing a gun at her, resulting in Rico pointing his gun at her. Shortly after introducing themselves, Jade tells them that Karl is at Panau Falls Casino, which means he is probably in danger now. Jade takes Rico there on her motorcycle and Maria goes back on the helicopter.
Jade drops Rico off near the casino and tells him to hurry and explains that if the government catches Karl, she's probably going to be the next one to be hunted for. She leaves in a rush, calling Rico a "Spook".
There are soldiers in front of the building. Kill them all. There's also a Demolition Officer with them. He'll throw triggered explosives at you, so keep a distance from him. You can kill him by shooting or grapple him to one of the cars available and ride it till he dies. But make sure that you are quite far away from him , because immediately after you kill him some grenades fall off from his belt and explodes. Afterwards Maria informs you that soldiers have planted breaching charges to get to Karl Blaine and that you must Grapple your way up. If you are new to the game and don't know how to climb up the building check your Intel. Once you reach up, there are soldiers guarding the bombs. On both the towers, guards are present (3 near each bomb). There are also two weapon boxes (one in each tower) containing Assault Rifles (move around near the bombs and you'll find them). Once you have killed all the guards and disarmed the bombs, Maria informs you that the Panau Military have sent helicopters to kill Karl Blaine. Get rid of them. One way to do this is to Hijack the first helicopter (if you don't know how to hijack the helicopters, check your Intel in your PDA), then use the miniguns to shoot down the second one. Or you could just shoot down the first helicopter with the Assault Rifle and the second helicopter won't show up.
After taking the helicopters down, a cut scene appears where the military breaks into Karl's location and start a shoot-out with him. Karl is in the corridor that connects the towers. Kane asks you to save Karl Blaine by getting inside the sky way. You can get in through an open roof window.
Once in,there will be a cut-scene where Rico tells Karl that he's here to help him, in exchange for information on Tom Sheldon. Rico kills the soldiers and Parachutes out of the window with Karl. They land near Karl's Saas PP12 Hogg. At this point the player has control of Rico again.
Tips for the pursuit:
- Try not to waste your ammunition on the engine part of the pursuers cars. Shoot at the tires instead causing their cars to flip over.
- Dual-grappling a car to a solid object (including the ground) can make it crash. This is the most effective method if you have no ammunition.
- On the bridge, since you are moving fast enough, you can dual-grapple a car to the edge of the bridge and watch it fly over the side. You can also do this in the forest to cause them to hit trees. This also saves ammunition.
- When low on health, cling to the front of Karl's car. You might still get shot, but fewer soldiers will be able to hit you, allowing Rico to heal a little.
- Don't use grenades. These will either bounce off whatever they hit and miss completely, or do little damage to the cars pursuing you.
Once arriving back at Karl Blaine's Residence, there will be another cut-scene. Karl offers to download information onto Rico's PDA, to help him on his mission and also provides beacons to access the black market dealer. He also downloads the information about the factions of the islands.
After the missionEdit
After completing the mission, the PDA will automatically open, giving you Map markers for the first faction missions. The next Agency mission is The White Tiger, but you have to get more Chaos points to unlock it. The faction missions are a good way to advance the game at this point.
- In the 2009 beta version of the game, the player had to unlock this mission like any other mission, but now it's automatically unlocked and automatically started. This is similar to the 2nd and 3rd missions of Just Cause 1, which also happened in succession.
- This is the only mission where you can enter the casino's skywalk through the roof. Any other time you would have to enter through the large windows on the sides of the skywalk.
- Presumably Jade Tan's weapon of choice is the Revolver, since that is practically the only time she is seen carrying a weapon in the cut-scene where Rico Rodriguez and Maria Kane arrive at Blaine's residence.
- During the car chase, it is actually possible to destroy the MV V880s without firing any bullets, however, you will have to be very skillful with your Grappler.
- During the early part of the chase, you encounter any Wilforce jeep at a Roadblock. It does not give chase. The reason for this is unknown.
- This mission is where MV V880s are featured most prominently, with five at Panau Falls Casino and 9 are featured in the pursuit.
- 2 starting out.
- Third one outside of Kampung Hutan Hijau.
- Fourth one before Bandar Baru Cina.
- 2 more come from that place.
- Seventh one before you reach the very long bridge.
- Eighth one where Blaine says "Okay, I'm taking a little detour. Hang on!"
- The last one commits suicide by driving into a gas station. For some odd reason if you attempt to destroy it before it hits the gas station it seems to not take damage. Even grappling it to the ground and send it flying off somewhere else will still not dissuade it from driving into the gas station. Perhaps that particular AI was programmed to drive into it?
- Acting fast, it can be hijacked if you are extremely quick.
- During the cut-scene where Rico jumps into the catwalk, a grenade is thrown and Rico tosses it back, but then Rico says "All right. Now hold on tight!" Two grenades are thrown at him, which is the only time more than one grenade is thrown at him.
- After you disarm the bombs, the music for a race begins to play.
- By the end of this mission, you will have killed at least 8 soldiers. You will most likely have more than these stats since the Panau Military will be shooting at you this entire time.
- In Welcome to Panau:
- The grunt that you pull down by the grappler (on that note, you have at least one fall kill).
- The two grunts that you have to kill after picking up the first memory card.
- The helicopter pilot that uniquely doesn't have a passenger.
- One elite, the soldier that has the 3rd memory card.
- Several soldiers while defending yourself.
- In this mission:
- One Demolition Officer.
- The helicopter that you shoot down in this mission, or if you hijack the first one, you will have at least 10.
- In Welcome to Panau:
- This is the first (and only) time Karl Blaine is a NPC. He appears again in a later mission, but only in a cut-scene.
- Presumably his weapon of choice is the Pistol, since he is using it in gameplay and in the cut-scenes.
- On hardcore difficulty, the time to hack the bombs is significantly reduced than previous difficulty levels. On this difficulty, the time to hack the bombs is under 7 seconds. This is also not to mention the increased damage of all weapons wielded by the Panau Military.
- The UH-10 Chippewas (if you want to hijack them) are also almost impossible to hijack. The quick-time event to punch the pilot three times lasts practically two seconds for every punch.