| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
Gunung Merah means Red Mountain in Malay and Indonesian.
It is one of the highest points in Panau, except for Snow Peak and some other peaks in the Berawan Besar Mountains. The peak is about 1489 meters high (confirmed by Parachute climbing). It overlooks the majority of the Lautan Lama Desert.
The south side is very steep and if you are skilled, you could be BASE jumping down the cliffs and slopes all the way down to the beach. Skilled jumpers prefer this type of challenges over the Mile High Club.
The mountain can be climbed without using Rico's grapple hook.
LocationEditIn the Lautan Lama Desert, at X:8080; Y:28450. The peak can be spotted from any point in the desert, if you're high enough to see beyond your immediate vicinity.
Points of interest on the mountainEdit
- Kampung Ekor Bengkok - A village near the top.
- Kem Jalan Merpati - Air-force base. Also one of only two spawn points for the Bering I-86DP.
- There's a shack made of steel plates on top of the mountain, with a Resource Item and a motorcycle close to it.
- Unnamed outpost at X:8300; Y:28370 with vehicles and a few Resource Items (Collectable Items in Panau).
- Unnamed military base at X:8260; Y:26740.
- There's an ancient temple ruin east of Kem Jalan Merpati.
- Many players who enjoy driving cars off mountains find Desert Peak the best place to do it.
- The view from Desert peak is so great that even places as far as Hantu Island can be seen from here.