| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
Drifting is a non-mandatory (non mission based) activity in the Just Cause game series.
See also: Stunts and how to do them.
Drifting is the technique of intentionally over-steering and causing loss of traction in the tires, allowing the vehicle to slide. This is particularly useful at sharp corners, as you can turn more abruptly and not lose much speed and momentum. The vehicle must be powered during the turn, otherwise it's only a slide.
How to do itEditIt can be pretty tricky until you get used to it.
- Get up to good speed.
- Start turning.
- Handbrake (X button on Xbox, square button on PS3, and X key on PC) key on for about half a second.
- Accelerate lightly during the turn.
Find a place with lots of room (see below) and drive a fast car at high speed and then turn as sharply as you can. Don't release the gas during the turn. If your vehicle is fast enough, it'll start drifting.
This technique can even be done with the Vanderbildt Streamliner, but it'll greatly reduce the speed.
What you needEdit
The right placeEdit
- The wide streets of Esperito City.
- Panau International Airport.
- Pulau Dayang Terlena. "Terlena" means "drift".
- Bandar Selekeh racetrack.
When you get good at it, you'll be able to do it at most turns.
The right vehicleEdit
Ideally, these vehicles require good speed and good handling, but race cars generally do the job well anyway.
Recommended vehicles in Just Cause:
- Rossi 866 Corral.
- Garret Paladin.
- Fukuda Tournament.
- Hurst Dagger.
- Baxter Petit.
- Chevalier Supernova.
- Squire Synco.
Recommended vehicles in Just Cause 2:
- Titus ZJ.
- Titus ZJ Cabriolet.
- Titus ZJ Soft Top.
- Mancini Cavallo 1001.
- Sakura Aquila Metro ST.
- Civadier 999.
- Garret Traver-Z.
- Chepachet PVD.
- Cassius 192.
Recommended vehicles in Just Cause 3:
- The in-game Rebel drop mentions drifting in the Windhund 4 info: "Autostraad's Windhund 4 has earned a reputation in Medici's underground racing circuit as a turn-hugging speedster built for Drifting. Top speed 240 km/h."
- A Kerner Serpente R is seen drifting through a field in one of the game trailers and the Rebel Drop info mentions that the car is "tuned for drifting".
- '13 Vigueur.
- Verdeleon 3.
- Mugello Raffinati Vitesse.
- Stria Ghepardo 3S.
- Mugello Farina Duo.
The Cassius 192 is the only aircraft that can do this.