| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
EL gas is a large corporation which harvests the natural oil in San Esperito, refines it into fuel and then sells it. A large percentage of the San Esperito oil is sold internationally. There aren't any large enough ports in San Esperito, which could service the large Tanker ships that visit the offshore rigs.
According to an article in the San Esperito national newspaper, the Gaceta Nacional del San Esperito, EL gas is doing an excellent job. The article: "Scientists all agree: EL gas is the best gas in the world!" Ironically, this good news is overshadowed by unrelated bad news. See the newspaper page above.
EL gas is most likely a private company. The Guerrillas never attack any industrial sites in missions, but if there should ever be any policemen near any Pumpjacks, the Guerrillas will attack them.
Everybody who works at the off-shore rigs, gas stations and pumpjacks is a civilian.
For other offshore rigs, see: offshore rigs (disambiguation).
Offshore rigs are drilling and pumping stations for extracting oil from underground reservoirs.
EL gas operates several large offshore rigs. The rigs are often visited by large Tanker ships, which export the oil. There are two different rigs. The rigs of the first type are shaped like squares and the others are shaped like rectangles. The rectangular ones are about 3 times bigger. All rigs have civilian workers on them. There are also several Red Barrels on them. Wikipedia article: Oil platform.
- One in the waters north of the Isla de la Asuncion province (Large variant).
- One in the waters north of Provincia de San Mateo (Large variant).
- One in the waters north of Provincia de Cordoba (Large variant).
- Three in the waters west of Provincia la Perla, at the north-west coast. One large, lone rig can be found to the south, while two small ones can be found just to the north. Two tankers are usually found in the area.
- One in the waters south-east of Esperito City (Small variant).
- One in the waters west of Esperito City (Small variant).
Pumpjacks (link to wikipedia) are the machines that pump oil out of the ground. San Esperito has at least two oil fields. Both consist of randomly arranged pumpjacks and oil pipelines. The pipelines disappear into the ground. All equipment is indestructable. The Los Guererros oil field has a few civilians spawning around them and being near them triggers industrial noise, that can also be heard in the industrial parts of Esperito City.
Be careful not to crash your vehicle into a gas pump. A crash will cause a powerful explosion, which kills everybody near the station. The gas stations stay destroyed forever, if you save the game after destroying them.
There's at least three types of gas stations:
- A house and a large roof that extends over 2 fuel pumps.
- A house and a large roof that extends over 4 fuel pumps.
- A house and no large roof. 2 fuel pumps.
- There's also a strange version of this one at Isla Maria Dolorosa that has 4 pumps in a very odd formation. This one might be a map design error.
There are several systems of pipelines in different parts of the nation. Unlike the pipelines in Panau, these can not be destroyed. Most pipelines are under ground, so they can only be seen near some pumpjacks and oil refineries.
There are several large industrial buildings in San Esperito. Each has two large chimneys. They don't all have pipelines near them, so only some of them belong to EL gas.