| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
The more common version.
|Sabotage Destructible Object in Just Cause 2|
|Value in Chaos points||250|
|Value in money||1250|
|Approximate safe distance during destruction||Anywhere, even next to it.|
Generators are destructible items in Just Cause 2.
Appearance and purposeEdit
They are shaped like simple boxes, painted in a combination of white and red. A generator is a machine that converts motion energy to electric energy, or it generates electricity. The motion that drives the generator can rely on many sources, for these in Just Cause 2 a combustion engine. More info and technical details can be found at the Wikipedia article. They are most likely used for backup power (notably Offshore Rigs) or powering Broadcast Towers.
There are actually two variants:
- The less common one has connectors on the top which are usually found at grindgear sections close to Transformers.
- The other has no visible connectors, but instead has a small round thing on the top. This is the one usually found together with Broadcast Towers.
Most likely, these Generators are diesel or gas-powered.
See also: Electric Power in Panau.
Generators, like transformers, are distributed throughout Panau, though the former is more commonly found in military installations and are definitely more plentiful. There are 400 generators throughout Panau to be found and destroyed.
- They are usually found alongside a Broadcast Tower, which may sometimes be walled off, or next to Transformers.
- There is always at least one generator at:
- Military bases;
- Gas rigs out at sea; all have 3 per location.
- Communications Outposts; all have one present in plain sight.
- Mobile Radar stations; each has one generator nearby.
- At some Military base outposts together with a Broadcast Tower; These usually do not count to the completion of any settlement, and while only some Military base outposts have these, they will be a pain to find.
- Some can also be found randomly along a few roads. These are also a pain to find. As above, these are usually accompanied by a Broadcast Tower.
You can take these down quite easily, not even needing to expend any ammo or grenades in doing so. A few melee attacks will suffice in destroying it, however it may damage the player as well. Double-checking the destruction of a generator is advised, because the model for the undestroyed generators and destroyed generators have an uncanny similarity. The latter has a subtle, scorched color with a few cosmetic differences, making it challenging to tell destroyed and intact generators apart. Collisions damage them. Each generator will give 250 Chaos points and $1250 when destroyed. Another way to determine whether or not if they're destroyed is if the Panauan star is still displayed on it. That's probably the easiest way.