| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
|Good Cop, Bad Cop|
The yacht La Honradez.
|Previous||Test of Loyalty|
|Next||Some Like it Hotter|
|Location||Starts at the town Paradiso Bay.|
|Destabilized Provinces||Provincia de Rio Negro|
|Safehouse Unlocked||Agency 02 Camp Grouper|
|Weapons Unlocked||Moretti CCW Praetorian|
|Vehicles at Safehouse||Bald Eagle Persuader|
Mission information from the PDA: "You have been assigned to assassinate the current chief of police Velasco, who is enjoying himself at his luxury yacht. After you have killed the chief, hitch a ride with Kane out of there."
Rico meets a corrupt policeman (Carmona) at a shack near the race at Paradiso Bay town. The cop asks you to assassinate the police chief Velasco, who's hanging out on his super-yacht, the La Honradez.
Use the gallery below for reference with the action.
If you've obtained a helicopter, use it. Otherwise get a boat, or swim. The nearest boat is directly north of the shack - Triereme - RC Athena, the same boat that's otherwise used for a race.
Get to the yacht. The La Honradez is a unique ship, which is otherwise never seen, so feel free to explore it during the mission. Just be careful, as there's a government Pequod - Harpoon PC 350 circling the yacht.
Velasco has about 3 armed body-guards. Kill them and then the target. A Mako Ocra is a good weapon to use for this mission, provided you took one from the previous mission. Velasco himself has about as much health as a Montano boss at a Cartel Villa, at the end of the settlement takeover and he's armed with a Moretti CCW Centurion.
As soon as Velasco is dead, Kane shows up in a unique armed Triereme - RC Athena. Get on and man the machine gun. Several police Pequod - Harpoon PC 350 patrol boats and Delta 5H4 Boxhead attack helicopters will chase you, while Kane drives you to the "Agency 02 Camp Grouper" safehouse where the mission ends.
- The mission scripts are written so poorly that the corrupt cop's name isn't revealed until the mission where he's killed. This leaves the player in confusion when Tom speaks of someone called Carmona in some later missions, but the player will have no way of knowing who that is until a later mission.
- It's unknown how a chief of police could get the money to buy a several hundred million dollar super-yacht.
- The Pequod - Harpoon PC 350 patrol boats and Delta 5H4 Boxhead helicopters are the only police versions that appear in storyline missions. The only other time these boats (or helis) are seen are in sidemissions.
- Interestingly enough, despite losing their chief of police, the police actually send only 3 helis and 7 boats. Realistically they would send a lot more.
- Carmona is the first traitor to be featured, ever.
- There is a Barclay Phantom outside of the shed. However, it will take several head-shots to kill Velasco.
- This is the only mission where you receive a mission that is not from The Agency or Rioja Cartel, however, you really do receive only 2 missions from the Rioja Cartel, one being the mission before this one and the other one being Field of Dreams.
- An extremely easy alternative way to kill Velasco is to Hijack the nearby patrolling government Pequod - Harpoon PC 350 and use its Mounted Gun. That way, you don't even have to get on the yacht to kill him. Be aware of grenades however.
- The Police Delta 5H4 Boxhead can be obtained by getting out of the mounted gun as soon as the first one spawns, swimming to shore, and grappling onto it.
- Oddly, right before you reach the new safehouse, the police will stop pursuing you.
- This mission features some Rare vehicles:
Missions in Just Cause (1)
|The Agency (storyline missions)|
Devil's Drop Zone · Breakout · Freedom Fighters · The San Esperito Connection · Test of Loyalty · Good Cop, Bad Cop · Some Like it Hotter · Brothers in Arms · River of Blood · Field of Dreams · Broadcast News · Love is in the Air · I've Got the Power · Guadalicano Choo Choo · Some Enchanted Evening · Streets of Fire · Dismissed Without Honors · Sink the Buccaneer · Taking Out The Garbage (vol. 1, 2, 3)