| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Gunung Gila Pangkat|
As seen from the north.
|Settlement in Panau|
|Type||Rocket propulsion research facility and later a faction stronghold.|
|Territory||Berawan Besar Mountains|
|Missions that take place here||Rocket Science, Race: Gunung Gila Pangkat Crossing starts just outside the settlement.|
The stronghold was set up by the Panauan Space Program as a lab for rocketry and jet propulsion. Their program felt that the thin air in the Berawan Besar Mountains would be perfect for their research.Later during the rebellion the Reapers decided to take the technology away from the Panau Military, to make the liberation of the people easier. Bolo Santosi, the leader of the Reapers, tells Rico that the government uses the facility to test jet and rocket fuel in the extremely low temperatures of the Berawan Besar Mountains.
The base has one 4 barrel Flak Cannon. The base itself is heavily fortified and filled with destructibles. Using the miniguns from the UH-10 Chippewa should clear out most of this stronghold's destructibles within a few minutes. A power line can be found in the upper section. This has nothing benificial to the player at all. The road leading to the base, from Bandar Besar, stretching out over 4 km, is probably the longest restricted road in Panau. No AI controlled vehicles are ever seen travelling on this road, making it either a great road to test off-road vehicles on or disasterous if the player is stranded and does not have money to purchase vehicles or cannot call for extractions from the Black Market.
"Gunung Gila Pangkat" can be loosely translated from Malay to mean "Crazy Mountain Powers" and "crazy Rank Mountains" in Bahasa Indonesia. This may reference the power that a space program could give Panau.
See Gunung Gila for the mountain.
- 3 Gas Holders.
- 7 Fuel Depots.
- 1 Broadcast tower.
- 1 Generator.
- 6 Resource Items:
- 2 Weapon Parts.
- 1 Vehicle Part.
- 1 Armor Part.
- 2 Cash Stashes.
- 4 SAMs, which don't count towards the completion of this stronghold and will shoot at government aircraft (after you've taken this place over), but do count towards the total amount of SAMs destroyed.
- 1 Radar.
- 1 UH-10 Chippewa on one of the helipads. This is in a winter camouflage colour. The stronghold commander also shows up in one of these.
- 2 Marten Storm IIIs, after the place has been taken over by the Reapers. They always have a gunner operating the mounted gun who is always located outside the entrance to the base looking out away from the facility.
- 1 Mullen Skeeter Eagle in red Reapers colours, on a helipad near the edge of the cliff (spawns after completing the first Reapers mission "Rocket Science".
- 2 Fengding EC14FD2s. One spawns by the terminal, another just by the side of the road inside the facility.
- 2 MV V880s. During the mission that takes place here.