| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Hamaya Cougar 600|
|Vehicle in Just Cause 2|
|List of owners||Civilians|
|Top speed (km/h)||174.5|
|Top speed (mph)||108.4|
|The following statistics are from the official strategy guide.|
The Hamaya Cougar 600 is a motorcycle in Just Cause 2.
It's a small, high-performance motorcycle. It's easily distinguishable from most of the others because of its sleek appearance and high rectangular mirrors. At a quick glance, though, it can easily be mistaken for the Hamaya 1300 Elite Cruiser. The most prominent difference is that the Elite Cruiser has large storage compartments mounted on the sides, while the Cougar does not. It resembles the real world Yamaha FZS600.
It can be seen in black, dark red, orange, dark blue, dark green, purple and greyish white.
It uses the same sound as the scooters and slower motorcycles. The noise is similar to real life street bikes and usually revs higher than scooters and other bikes.
Unfortunately, due to its high speed/acceleration, it's very difficult to control. Accelerating too quickly will cause the motorcycle to perform an unintentional wheelie which, if not recovered from immediately, will cause Rico to fall off. Because of this, it's possible to perform a wheelie from a standstill. When traveling at high speeds, hitting a small bump or a shrub by the road will send Rico careening into the air. Because of this, off-roading at high speeds is very dangerous.
- The Cougar is commonly found on the streets of big cities and villages and less commonly on the bigger roads and snowy mountain roads due to its poor off-roading capabilities.
- It's not rare to see one parked on the side of the road or near a building.
- At Pekan Hutan Buluh.
- At Kampung Negeri Sawah.
- Very rarely seen driven around the highways of the Ramai Rakyat Islands and the western part of Panau Tengah Bay.
- Driven a lot in the Lautan Lama Desert.
- Panau City.
- At Kampung Batang Reput
- The sound of the engine is very similar to that of the 1100 NA-R, a motorcycle from "Sleeping Dogs", which, like Just Cause 2, is published by Square Enix.
- It's the only 600cc motorcycle available in Just Cause 2.
- It's made by the fictional vehicle manufacturer Hamaya, which is an anagram of Yamaha.
- Jade Tan owned one. She drives Rico to the Panau Falls Casino during the mission Casino Bust.
- It might be the successor to the Fukuda Bluebolt.
- If you want to get used to the Cougar, Panau City is arguably the best place to practice high speed driving due to its long, flat roads.