|Hot air balloon|
|Vehicle in Just Cause 2|
|Type||Hot air balloon|
|Rarity||Only one spawn|
|List of owners||No known owners|
The Hot air balloon is an aircraft in Just Cause 2.
It manouvers and handles just like a helicopter, but it's much much slower.
To use the balloon, simply shoot the 4 sandbags on each side, or if you don't want to use any ammo, melee them and jump into the basket. Keep tapping the "interact" button/key to start the burner and keep the balloon in the air. To move the balloon, move Rico to either side of the basket, shifting his weight onto that side, thus moving the balloon.
The Balloon is indestructible to all guns and explosives and blows up any planes that fly into it. It floats on water.
If you stand under the balloon while it is landing, you will pass through the bottom into the basket. Likewise, if you land on the water too fast, you will pass through the basket and start swimming.
LocationEditThe hot air balloon can only be found near Panau City, at about X:7390; Y:16150. It's south of Panau International Airport, just off the motorway/highway. There's an armour part near it as well.
- If you fly too low and government troops spot you in it, your heat level will rise as if you're driving a military vehicle.
- If you make Rico do a roll while in the balloon, the balloon may tilt to the side and ascend at a faster rate than just pushing the action button multiple times.
- This vehicle does not count toward the total diferent vehicles driven.
- Once you reach maximum altitude, the balloon will start to shake violently and eventualy disappear, leaving you to free fall back to earth.
- If the balloon is flown at a certain altitude and the PDA is opened, the black arrow representing Rico on the map will seem bigger but when seen from the side, you will be able to see the ground below it.
- If you attach the balloon to a helicopter via the grappling hook, you can carry the balloon to a great height and eventually jump out of the helicopter and grapple onto the top of the balloon. You can then jump off and the "height meter" will appear and it will count as a base jump. It's possible to get more than 6 km high. If the BASE jump was high enough (3000m), a message will appear when you end the jump, saying: "OMG! you´ve just beaten our record here at Avalanche Studios! RESPECT!".
- It is possible to call the Black Market dealer on top of the balloon and have supplies delivered for the same reason you can base jump off it and grapple it properly. The game registers it as ground or something else with the same properties.
- It's not possible to take off in a helicopter from the top of the balloon.