| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
|Into the Den|
|Next||A Just Cause|
|Location||Wajah Ramah Fortress, Selatan Archipelago - X:17280; Y:14310.|
435,000 chaos points are required to unlock this mission.
The mission is given by Tom Sheldon, who sends Rico to murder Pandak "Baby" Panay, in his fortress at the south-east corner of the map. Taking that place over as a location, before the mission, does not affect the mission.
Fighting your way to the "Den"Edit
Tom tells you to make a huge important decision and pick one of the factions to provide supporting units. He assures you that "They will be with you until the end-game". There will be markers on the map for each faction leader. It will make no difference which one you pick. Either way, there will be a cut-scene of a discussion between Rico and the faction leader and then you'll be transported to the fortress in an H-62 Quapaw. Just like a stronghold takeover.
There will be about 6 faction soldiers with you. You'll have to run through a small village on your way to the fortress gate, and kill all soldiers on your way. Once you get to the fortress, a SV-1003 Raider will drive through the gate and start shooting at you. Kill the minigun operator and the last soldiers and enter the fortress. Note: You will be unable to call Black Market at this point.
Now you'll have to run (or grapple) your way up four flights of stairs, killing soldiers on your way. Once you get up and kill all soldiers up there, you'll have to blow up a supposed anti-aircraft gun (which looks nothing like one). If you go too close to the end of the barrel, it will automatically start shooting at you, but it won't shoot at you if you're in the area with a helicopter. The best way to destroy it is with Triggered Explosives. Assuming you haven't been to the base, there is a resource item next to the gun. After that, you can move to the next part of the fortress.
The faction guys won't follow you beyond this point (considering they have no idea how to cross a gap) (and assuming they survive past the wall), but they'll fly a helicopter in the area and drop a technician to get to work on some transmitter.
The next part of the fortress and the second gun is accessible by cable car. If you take the cable car, stay in the back of the car while approaching the destination as the soldiers will start shooting at you, along with a unmarked colonel with an assault rifle. This colonel is nothing more but a soldier that can only be killed with head-shots. The snipers will be your only threat at this point. Kill all the soldiers you find there and destroy the next anti-aircraft gun with triggered explosives. The faction will again fly a helicopter and land a technician. You can use the next cable car to continue. You don't have to wait for the helicopter.
This (third) part of the fortress will also have an anti-aircraft gun, but you'll not only have to kill some soldiers, but also some ninjas and 2 sentry guns. Those ninjas will be armed with Submachine Guns (as always) and they can turn into clouds of smoke and teleport about 10 meters away from where you saw them. An assault rifle will be more effective against them than an Submachine Gun. sniper rifles also work well, as a head shot kills the ninjas, but one might not have one handy at that time. Once you're done at this part of the fortress, it's time to get to the next cable car. This time there won't be any soldiers at the other end.
The last part of the fortress, the "Den"Edit
At the last (4th) part of the fortress, there's a big mountain with 3 faces carved into it. Or maybe that part of the mountain is made out of concrete? Anyway, when you get to the control panel, to open the doorway into the "Den", Rico will ask the faction guys for help. They will open the door with those transmitters. If you can stock up on ammunition before entering, it will be to your advantage. You can also buy weapons from Black Market because you've destroyed the anti aircraft guns.
Inside the "Den", you will find a large room with pink trees. There's only one other place you can see these trees in nature - the place where the Happy Bubble Blaster spawns. Once you've walked (or grappled) your way to the other side of the room, there will be a cut-scene. Pandak Panay will tell Rico that it's all about oil. A lot of oil has been found in Panau. But then Karl Blaine shows up and seemingly kills Panay in a grenade explosion.
When the cut-scene ends, a UH-10 Chippewa with rocket pods enters the room through a big roof hatch. Run under the little collapsed roof, where Pandak was last seen and shoot it down. An upgraded Assault Rifle can do this with enough ammunition. It's not advised to try and hijack the helicopter as it has four armed soldiers on board including the pilot. Not only that, if you hijack it, a soldier with a Rocket Launcher will spawn and attack you with it. You would also get shot at from below. Grapple to the center of the room after the cut-scene. There will be soldiers on your way, but those are differently dressed than all other soldiers commonly seen and are Panauan Secret Servicemen. These soldiers use only the Shotgun, Assault Rifle, and Machine Gun unless you hijack the chopper and shouldn't pose too big of a threat unless they constantly hit you in which elimination is necessary.
Both sides of the room are identical and have Medicine cabinets and weapon boxes. Mostly this part of the mission is running around a lot if you cannot take the helicopter down.
The best way to hack the console is to do it fast. If you grapple down and hack the console immediately and quickly the soldiers don't seem to realize that you're there until it's too late. If you're unable to hack it with your first attempt, there will be ninjas attacking you from the stairs on both sides. You can never kill them all, new ones will spawn and replace the dead ones, after every certain amount of time. After you've hacked the console, the door will open, grapple your way out fast. The building will explode and collapse, and the mission will end.
After the missionEdit
- Do not try to save the game after the mission. Doing so will undo the mission. The next (last) Agency mission, A Just Cause, will automatically begin.
- The door of the "Den" will be closed, if you should ever return, but the roof is collapsed / open, so you can still explore the large room.
- This is one of only three Agency missions where the SV-1003 Raider is featured.
- This is one of the few missions where Sentry guns are featured: at the third "anti-aircraft cannon".
- As a bonus, the third "anti-aircraft cannon" also features a few Ninjas.
- During the part where you approach the first "anti-aircraft cannon", a Panau Military soldier will say "All units! Intruder alert! Keep the cannons safe!" The music will immediately cut to a heat level 5-themed music when you are still at a low heat level.
- For some reason when your faction leader says all his (or her) men are dead, assuming they weren't miniguned to death, they will continue following you to the first "anti-aircraft gun".
- This is the only agency mission in Just Cause 2 that includes faction members. The Guerrillas and the Rioja Cartel are featured in Just Cause 1 in several storyline missions. The factions are mentioned in Casino Bust and their international benefactors are quite literally assassinated in Three Kings, but they never really appear until this point.
- While you are in the dome, unlimited Panauan Secret Servicemen will spawn and attempt to kill you. At a higher heat level, one with a rocket launcher will appear.
- Even with the heat level at one in the dome, the music will immediately cut to a level 5 themed music after Blaine's murder-suicide.
- For some reason, a Panau Secret Serviceman will run by the door to the dome when you are in the hallway. Acting fast, it is possible to grapple and kill him.
- There is a Colonel at the second "anti-aircraft gun". However, he is not marked as one. In fact, there is no bonus when you kill him. He is really nothing more but a soldier that can only be killed by headshots.
- This is the only time the "cannons" and the gate are destroyed. If you come back later, they are both repaired.
- On Hardcore difficulty, there will be a massive concentration of elites while you're going through the valley and the Panauan Secret Servicemen will also spawn at a much faster rate. However, assuming you have either the Assault Rifle, Machine Gun or Shotgun, you shouldn't be able to run out of ammunition. As always, all their weapons will deal very high damage. There is even the possibility of losing all your faction support before you even reach the front door which is destroyed.