| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
The entire base.
|Settlement in Panau|
|Territory||Berawan Besar Mountains|
|Missions that take place here||Mountain Rescue|
The name means "Lion's Castle" in Indonesian.
As revealed in the mission Mountain Rescue, the base has a large inaccessible bunker. The bunker has multiple entrances. The two largest entrances are both facing the lake. The bunker has 4 large ventilation stations, which must be destroyed druring the mission. The ventilation stations will still be burning, if you return after the mission.
This is one of the few facilities that has working cable cars. The system is around 800 m long and has three support beams. The cabins move between the area around the 2nd Vent station and the area around the 4th, in a speed of 2m/s.
There are 2 miniguns in the lower eastern section. They can be inconvenient during the mission. Especially if you are playing on the "hardcore" difficulty setting.
The area around the second is like a fuel storage base, like two bases in the Berawan Besar Mountains and also consist of the main building, which have a large steel door ón the north side. It's enterable during the mission and the area inside consist of a small storage hangar.
The third vent station area serves as a fuel shaft base. Three other is found in the mountains.
The fourth area is actually only some bunkers around the station and a water tower. The cable car end station can also be found here.
It's speculated that the base existed since Papa Panay's time. It was one of very few military facilities in Panau. The U.S. may have assisted in its construction it after the Cold War. Most likely, Pandak "Baby" Panay significantly expanded the facility.
To complete this settlement, the player is required to execute multiple sabotages:
- 13 Fuel Depots;
- 3 Gas Holders;
- 3 SAMs;
- 2 Communications Mast;
- 1 Fuel shaft;
- 5 Satellite Dishes;
- 2 Water Towers;
- 3 Radars.
- 14 Resource Items:
- 6 Weapon Parts.
- 3 Vehicle Parts (one of these is on a bunker entrance near the lake and is easily missed).
- 2 Armor Parts.
- 3 Cash Stashes.
- At least 6 x MV V880.
- MV Command, during the mission Mountain Rescue.
- GV-104 Razorback at a road Checkpoint.
- Cable cars.
- Hamaya GSY650, parked near another group of up-standing fuel depots (NOT with an MV V880)
- This base is able to detect your approach from up to a kilometer away, when approaching across the frozen lake from the north. Approaching from the road to the south-west, down the cliff face 800 meters above is the most direct approach offering the lowest probability of early detection.
- There are 2 drug drops; 1 on the lift support beam and 1 on the main building with the satellite dishes.
- There are 2 rocket launchers/rocket launcher ammo crates; 1 in the cable car area in the upper hill section and another on top of the large cylinder shaped building next to a SAM site.
- The lake is large enough to land all types of aircraft near the base.
- The inaccessible bunker closest to the lake is a direct copy of the one at Kem Gunung Gurun. Perhaps that military base had some other purpose other than just a supply depot?
- An easy way to destroy the Sabotage destructible objects would be to destroy all the SAMs first. Then you are free to get an attack helicopter and raise hell. Also during the mission Mountain Rescue, if you destroyed the SAM sites ahead of time, Tom won't say, "Rico! Get out of there! SAMs are on your tail!"
- There is a large door situated where the frozen lake is, which is similar to the entrance of the rebel base on planet Hoth in the 1980 movie "Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back".
- This base also bears a resemblance to the Russian military base at the beginning of the 1995 James Bond movie, "GoldenEye".
- Despite this place being strategically important to the Panau Military, there are only three SAMs here. Realistically, there would be many more SAMs, if not more to defend such an important place. On that note, there might as well be a few Flak Cannons. It's also unlikely that any air defenses from Papa Panay's era would be taken away from this place, for that would prove extremely inconvenent for Baby Panay's reign. But then again, there are no defenses that are evident from Papa Panay's reign here, so it can be assumed that no defenses were taken away.
- Sometimes the rocket launcher guy at the Fuel Shaft area doesn't spawn. Needs confirmation.
- During the mission that takes place here, the MV V880s escorting Jade Tan have extreme continuity errors. See the mission article (Mountain Rescue) for more details.
- This is one of only three times you can see Ninjas. On that note, the number of ninjas killed (in statistics) will be at least three, since you have to kill the three ninjas to continue during Mountain Rescue.
- This base is effectively four military bases combined into one base: A Bio Fuel Shaft area, a generic barracks area and the cable car areas that are similar to Kem Gunung Dataran Tinggi.