| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
The entire base.
|Settlement in Panau|
|Territory||Berawan Besar Mountains|
|Missions that take place here||Mountain Rescue|
The name means "Lion's Castle" in Indonesian.
As revealed in the mission Mountain Rescue, the base has a large inaccessible bunker. The bunker has multiple entrances. The two largest entrances are both facing the lake. The bunker has 4 large ventilation stations, which must be destroyed druring the mission. The ventilation stations will still be burning, if you return after the mission.
This is one of the few facilities that has working cable cars. The system is around 800 m long and has three support beams. The cabins move between the area around the 2nd Vent station and the area around the 4th, in a speed of 2m/s.
There are 2 miniguns in the lower eastern section. They can be inconvenient during the mission. Especially if you are playing on the "hardcore" difficulty setting.
The area around the second is like a fuel storage base, like two bases in the Berawan Besar Mountains and also consist of the main building, which have a large steel door ón the north side. It's enterable during the mission and the area inside consist of a small storage hangar.
The third vent station area serves as a fuel shaft base. Three other is found in the mountains.
The fourth area is actually only some bunkers around the station and a water tower. The cable car end station can also be found here.
It's speculated that the base evenutally existed since Papa Panay's time. It was eventually one of very few military facilities in Panau, for even Panau needed a basic defense. The Americans eventually helped the government to build it after the cold war.
Most likely, Pandak "Baby" Panay significantly expanded the facility.
To complete this settlement, the player is required to execute multiple sabotages:
- 13 Fuel Depots;
- 3 Gas Holders;
- 3 SAM's;
- 2 Communications Mast;
- 1 Fuel shaft;
- 5 Satellite Dishes;
- 2 Water Towers;
- 3 Radars.
- 14 Resource Items:
- 6 Weapon Parts.
- 3 Vehicle Parts (one of these is on a bunker entrance near the lake and is easily missed).
- 2 Armor Parts.
- 3 Cash Stashes.
- This base is able to detect your approach from up to a kilometer away, when approaching across the frozen lake from the north. Approaching from the road to the south-west, down the cliff face 800 meters above is the most direct approach offering the lowest probability of early detection.
- There are 2 drug drops; 1 on the lift support beam and 1 on the main building with the satellite dishes.
- There's a GV-104 Razorback at one checkpoint. It's armed with a cannon and can be used to destroy the sabotage destructible objects.
- There are 2 rocket launchers / rocket launcher ammo crates; 1 in the cable car area in the upper hill section and another on top of the large cylinder shaped building next to a SAM site.
- The lake is large enough to land all types of aircraft near the base.
- The inaccessible bunker closest to the lake is a direct copy of the one at Kem Gunung Gurun.
- An easy way to destroy the Sabotage destructible objects would be to destroy all the SAMs first. Then you are free to get an attack helicopter and raise hell.
- There is a large door situated where the frozen lake is, which is similar to the entrance of the rebel base on planet Hoth in the 1980 movie "Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back".
- This base also bears a resemblance to the Russian military base at the beginning of the 1995 James Bond movie, "GoldenEye".