| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
|MTA Powerrun 77|
|Vehicle in Just Cause 2|
|Weapons||Basic: Dual machine guns|
Fully Upgraded: + Rocket launcher
|Rarity||Very rare, but available at the Black Market|
|List of owners||Agency|
|The following statistics are from the official strategy guide.|
The MTA Powerrun 77 is a boat in Just Cause 2.
At the last upgrade level it has a rocket launcher in addition to the machine guns. Unfortunately, the elevation of the weapons is limited to about only 15 degrees above horizon. However, the range is so great, that this is not a problem for most structures on the Offshore Gas Rigs in Panau. Only the drilling rig, the SAM installation and the generator are out of range.
The Powerrun seems to resemble your average American top-fuel drag boat, with its huge supercharged V8 engine, enclosed cockpit and sleek design.
No matter what colour the boat is, the rear will always be red, similar to the red stripes on the Rowlinson K22. It can only spawn in black in freedom but in various races and two Roaches missions it spawns in other colours (red and yellow).
The speed and handling of the Powerrun are nerve-wracking even when not fully upgraded. The armor at level 6 is good enough to withstand a collision with a boat, which would knock you up into the air, flipping and plunge down under the water, where the boat will still run and pull you back to the surface, as if nothing ever happened. It's still possible to flip the boat, so try not to crash. This boat can drive under water briefly if you stop too suddenly from maximum speed. After emerging from the water, the boat will usually leap through the air.
It can also be made into a (very temporary) submarine if you collide with a boat and survive, assuming you go under the water.
The ones that appear outside the Black Market are always at the same upgrade level as your Black Market version.
- In the Black Market, priced at $30,000.
- 2 x At the Unnamed island at X:20400; Y:31100. This is the only known place where they spawn.
- A red and yellow variant for the Roaches sidemissions Smugglers do Run and Stop the Press. The one in the Stop the Press does not have a rocket launcher, even if the player has fully upgraded the vehicle.
- A red race variant for the race Pulau Naga Powerboat Challenge at X:15730; Y:27630.
- Another red variant for the race Ramai Rakyat Island Run at X:9090; Y:18334.
- Agency version.
- The Roaches provide one in the mission Smugglers do Run, pictured at the gallery below. It's just like the Agency version, except it has yellow paint instead of black.
- The Roaches also provide one in the mission Stop the Press. This one doesn't come with a rocket launcher, even if the player has the boat fully upgraded.
- There are also a race version of the boat, which appears in the boat Races "Ramai Rakyat Island Run" and "Pulau Naga Powerboat Challenge". Picture in the gallery below. The coloration on the race variant is almost identical to that of the Frisco Catshark S-38, with a cream-colored hull and bright red top. The race variant actually has the same gradient from a color to red as the other different MTA Powerruns, but it is not as noticeable. This is because the gradient is from a slightly darker red to the bright red. These are the same level as your BM level, so if you upgrade your BM level to 6, they will have a rocket launcher along with machine guns.
- There is a boat with a similar name in Just Cause 3, called the CS Powerrun 77.
- This vehicle is a successor to the Bald Eagle Persuader from Just Cause (1), and predecessor to the Loochador in Just Cause 3.