| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Vehicle in Just Cause 2|
|Type||Military off-road vehicle|
|List of owners||Panau Military|
|The following statistics are from the official strategy guide.|
The MV V880 is a military off-road vehicle in Just Cause 2.
It's one of the 3 very similar vehicles, based on the military HMMWV (High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle) - "Humvee" to civilians.
MV V880 is one of a few four-door vehicles in the game.
Moderate speed and a small turning radius, excellent handling on rough terrain. It's V8 twin turbo allows it to be the fastest car in the desert. They're excellent escape vehicles since they handle well and can be found in several Military bases in Panau.
Despite its military nature, is not armored at all. The lack of armor is a major problem, shared with the HMMWV. It can take even fewer shots than most civilian cars. Care must be taken to keep the vehicle from catching fire during chases, especially when being fired upon by a Mounted Gun or an Assault Rifle.
The red light on the roof is usually the first part of the car to be visually damaged, falling off.
During usual game-playEdit
- At many Military bases in Panau, Military base outposts and other military locations (incomplete list):
- Some civilian settlements, normally near propaganda trailers.
- If Heat is raised high enough, the army will send them instead of the jeeps. Heat levels 4 and 5.
- At the Panau International Airport, inside the open hangar and near the road leading to the hangar.
During faction missionsEdit
- Airport Troubles - A third one spawns at Panau International Airport that does not spawn there normally. See the article for more details.
- Bridging New Contacts has some form one roadblock.
- Can I get a Witness - The witness is in the front one of three of this vehicle, which is odd, considering it should be one forward one back.
- Checking the Menu - Several form roadblocks along the path you take. At the farthest one however, there is also a MV Quartermaster.
- Driving Miss Stacey - Four of them form a massive roadblock alongside a Maddox FVA 45. See the article for more details.
- Head of State - For some odd reason, there is a heatless version in the mission. Its purpose is unknown, unless it was delivering soldiers to defend the statue.
- Hell on Wheels involves climbing around on 3 red Reapers MVs while trying to disarm bombs. Sadly, you cannot just hijack these without mods, but you can shoot their tires out and watch them do a couple of rolls after you've completed the mission. Or you could wait until they stop at their destination and then try again.
- Holy Smoke! - Two show up during the first phase.
- Information Highway - There is an officer inside one of these whom Rico is ordered to download information off of, hence the name of the mission.
- Jumping Parole - Saul Sukarno is being escorted by two of these. For some reason they are in the back instead of one forward one back.
- Political Debate - Several form roadblocks along the path you take.
- Taking Care of the Dishes - Lee Ho Fook rides with three of these loaded with elite soldiers. Oddly, while he is the center of the convoy, there are no soldiers in his V880, but the front and back are loaded with elites.
- Taming the Beast - Several form roadblocks along the path you take. These also have MV Quartermasters.
- The Broader Scope - Colonel Chen is near one that does not normally spawn in that base. See Port Gurun Lautan Lama for more details.
- The Setup - There is one alongside a Fengding EC14FD2.
- Stronghold takeovers:
- Welcome to Panau has two of them as defense stage vehicles that drive up a ramp into the area where you destroy the SAM sites, each with three soldiers.
- Casino Bust has Rico take on several of these as the military desperately try to capture/kill Karl Blaine. Later many more of them attack, as you make your way to Karl Blaine's Residence.
- Mountain Rescue uses one in the final part of the mission, a chase scene. It is the vehicle transporting Jade Tan supposedly to be delivered to the U1. However, no matter how many times you fail the mission, a missile will always strike the vehicle within a certain range.
- A unique red MV is supplied for the "Ketam Besar Trespass" Race at X:19485 Y:26400. As a bonus it is green-marked.
- See MV for the original Just Cause version.
- When the soldiers, who lean out of the sides to shoot at Rico, are killed, they tend to tear their doors right off the MV. This applies to every military vehicle that has the Panau Military as a sidegunner unless of course, the vehicle has no doors, like the Wilforce Range X and Chepachet PVD.
- This is probably the most used Panau Military vehicle in missions, seen in both Agency and faction missions. They're used for either pursuit or Roadblock purposes.
- These may well have been "Humvees" during Papa Panay's rule, albeit with SOME kind of change or modification. The U.S. could have exported these vehicles to Panau during his reign and the Humvee was designated the present name.
- The ones in Hell on Wheels are the only faction versions.
- You can keep the sirens on even after exiting the vehicle by going into a stunt position and jumping off. This works with every vehicle in Just Cause 2 equipped with a siren.
- This vehicle is possibly has a V8 engine, according to its name (V8-80).