| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Maddox FVA 45|
In Ular boys color.
|Vehicle in Just Cause 2|
|Type||Armed patrol buggy|
|Weapons||Mounted Gun turret|
|List of owners||Ular Boys, Panau Military and Reapers (at Kem Gunung Gurun)|
|The following statistics are from the official strategy guide.|
The Maddox FVA 45 is an armed patrol buggy in Just Cause 2.
It's based on a Chenowth DPV (Desert Patrol Vehicle). Most of them have a Mounted Gun, but some of the ones that spawn in Military bases in Panau are unarmed. The unarmed ones still have a turret ring.
This is a very odd vehicle, because all of them have an Ular Boys logo painted on the side, indicating that even the ones that spawn in military bases belong to the Ular Boys (probably stolen by the military), but if you use the horn, instead of a horn you hear the Panau Military siren. This applies to all of them.
The frame of the front window is right in front of the driver's face, completely blocking the view directly ahead. This would be highly impractical to drive, but this is simply ignored in the game.
The Maddox FVA 45 has excellent handling, make it a superb choice for offroad use. Its small form factor helps boost its not-inconsiderable speed and makes it perhaps the most suitable vehicle for jungle use. Acceleration and speed are good, although not sufficient to outpace military vehicles.
All of them have the Ular logo on the sides.
- The Ular Boys use an armed version as their main car.
- In traffic. Note that despite being marked green for no heat, it still gives you pre-heat regardless if a faction member is in the turret or if anyone is in the vehicle.
- Kampung Bahari Village, when held by the Ular Boys.
- Awan Cendawan Power Plant, another Ular stronghold, when taken over by the Ular Boys.
- Kem Hutan Supply Depot, their third stronghold, when overtaken.
- One is provided for Fry Me to the Moon. This one doesn't have a turret.
- A unique armed red one is provided for a race at the Gunung Hotel Ski Resort.
- At a few Military bases in Panau:
- A dark green one can be seen at the entrance to Teluk Permata.
- Near one of the entrances to Kem Pekan Selamat. This one is marked green for no Heat.
- A turretless one is parked on the dirt at Pulau Berendam.
- At the Negeri Tenggara Military base outpost.
- Most military bases in the mountains have a turretless one in winter camouflage.
- Kem Gunung Gurun supply depot contains one with no turret. This one will belong to the Reapers, once they conquer the depot. It has the Ular Boys paint job, indicating the military initially stole it from the Ulars.
- Many Communications Outposts which are lucky enough to have a Military base outpost.
- Kepulauan Selatan Alpha
- In missions:
- There's a chance that this car was originally meant to have 3 front windows. All identical in shape, but the ones on the edges would have been upside down. That would have made the windows resemble the Valanx, one of the proposals for the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle project. That car is meant to have easily replacable bullet proof windows.
- This is one of only three green-marked vehicles that will give you pre-heat, the others being the Marten Storm III and the Dalton N90.
- Even though there is no physical display of a siren compared to the Wilforce type jeeps, you can keep the sirens on even after exiting the vehicle by going into a stunt position and jumping off. This works with every vehicle in Just Cause 2 equipped with a siren.
Main article: Just Cause 2 Vehicle glitches.
- The suspension can sometimes spawn much higher than it should. Touching, or entering the car will fix this.
- The one at Pulau Dayang Terlena can sometimes be found with no wheels. You can still drive it and if Rico gets in it, the wheels do not reappear. If you shoot the tyre it will pop and a random broken tyre will appear out of nowhere.