The Just Cause game series is known for having the largest maps for "sandbox"-type games.
- The playable area of JC1 is 1'025 km2.
- JC2 has a playable area of 1'035.55 km2, altho the map loads an infinite ocean. See Game limits.
- JC3 is about 45 by 45 kilometers, making it about 2'025 km2. But there's some empty sea around the map until the game pushes the player back at some distance.
- In some promotional materials and interviews it's reported to be "the size of Panau" and in others "just over".
- The map has been revealed as being 1024 km2. However, as of August 2018, Amazon, BestBuy and Steam are erroneously describing the game world as being only 100 km2.
- The Just Cause map does not provide info about settlement names and in some places it's difficult to distinguish a military base from a village. The main complaint is the lack of a player controlled map marker, which makes navigation difficult. In addition to that, the Provinces of San Esperito are marked onto a separate very low-detail map, which makes it hard to find the province limits.
- The map in Just Cause 2 has more features, such as more settlement and race markers, but there's no accurate way to set the map marker, causing all seemingly accurate co-ordinates to be inaccurate by about +/- 5 m. The map also displays clouds moving over the terrain and moving the map while zoomed in at mountains reveals that the map is actually 3D, giving the impression that the player is looking down from a satellite.
- Just Cause 3 uses real world co-ordinates, but the map is now all blue and white and covered with some dirt. Also, settlement symbols only appear once the map is zoomed in far enough and some areas of the map are always covered by an area name. See Just Cause 3 Bugs and glitches for the possible difficulty in setting the map marker.
- If the revealed JC4 map will be used as the in-game navigation map, then it's a major improvement over JC3. The map is again colored and with clouds, similarly to JC2.
Just Cause - San EsperitoEdit
All maps of San Esperito on this wiki:
Just Cause 2 - PanauEdit
All maps of Panau on this wiki.
Map from the official Just Cause websiteEdit
- Mile High Club
- Ski Resort
- Panau Falls Casino
- Panau International Airport
- Panau Capital City - Panau City
- Giant satellite dish - PAN MILSAT
- Cape Carnival rocket base.
- Karl Blaine's Residence
- Roaches HQ
- Reapers HQ
- Ular Boys HQ
- Snow Peak
- Desert Peak
- Tropical Peak
- (?) - Hot air balloon
Main article: Interactive Map of Panau.
Just Cause 3 - MediciEdit
Main article: Interactive Map of Medici.
Just Cause 4 - SolísEdit
Main article: Solís.
There is conflicting information about the map size: The map has been revealed to be 1024 km2 in some sources, but Amazon, BestBuy and Steam all describe the map as being only 100 km2 in size.
The correct size is 1024 km2. It was revealed at the promotional JC site run by Square Enix.