| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Moretti CCW Praetorian|
Rico wielding the shotgun.
|Weapon in Just Cause|
|Maximum ammunition carried||30|
|Maximum ammunition in the weapon||12|
|List of owners||The Agency|
The Moretti CCW Praetorian is a weapon in Just Cause (1).
It's an automatic shotgun, much like the Moretti CCW Centurion, except that it seems to be less powerful, but it has a larger magazine size of 12. 30 additional shells can be carried with both. The two shotguns even look similar apart from the fact that the Praetorian has a rail on the top, and the Centurion is longer, and because they're both "Moretti CCW"s, it's a fair assumption to make that the Praetorian is a second version of the Centurion or variants from each other with unique properties to the other. They both look like assault rifles, but with smaller magazines.
- At the "Agency 03 Camp Farmhouse" safehouse.
- At the "Agency 02 Camp Grouper" safehouse.
- Used by every Montano Cartel "subteniente".
- Part of its name "CCW" might stand for "Close Combat Weapon".
- A glitch with this weapon happens on the Playstation 2 version of the game, where no firing sound or damage is present. This can be fixed by restarting the console.
- Praetorian is an adjective form of the latin word "Praetor", which was essentially a VIP of Ancient Rome. Perhaps this could explain why either this weapon and this weapon's brother are used by Montano Cartel Subtienties?
- This could be seen as the predecessor of the Shotgun in Just Cause 2, but if it is, then the appearance has completely changed.
- It takes 57 point-blank shots from this weapon to destroy a GP Thunder Extreme Prototype, whereas it's other variant, the Centurion, can destroy it in 23 shots. The Praetorian does, however, carry more ammunition, and has a slightly faster rate of fire compared to the Centurion.