| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Moretti CCW Praetorian|
Rico wielding the shotgun.
|Weapon in Just Cause|
|Maximum ammunition carried||30|
|Maximum ammunition in the weapon||12|
|List of owners||The Agency|
The Moretti CCW Praetorian is a weapon in Just Cause (1).
It's an automatic shotgun, much like the Moretti CCW Centurion, except that it seems to be less powerful, but it has a larger magazine size of 12. 30 additional shells can be carried with both. The two shotguns even look similar apart from the fact that the Praetorian has a rail on the top, and the Centurion is longer, and because they're both "Moretti CCW"s, it's a fair assumption to make that the Praetorian is a second version of the Centurion or variants from each other with unique properties to the other. They both look like assault rifles, but with smaller magazines.
Product of the Moretti company.
- At the "Agency 03 Camp Farmhouse" safehouse.
- At the "Agency 02 Camp Grouper" safehouse.
- Used by every Montano Cartel "subteniente".
- Part of its name "CCW" might stand for "Close Combat Weapon".
- A glitch with this weapon happens on the Playstation 2 version of the game, where no firing sound or damage is present. This can be fixed by restarting the console.
- Praetorian is an adjective form of the latin word "Praetor", which was essentially a VIP of Ancient Rome. Perhaps this could explain why either this weapon and this weapon's brother are used by Montano Cartel Subtienties?
- This could be seen as the predecessor of the Shotgun in Just Cause 2, but if it is, then the appearance has completely changed.
- It takes 57 point-blank shots from this weapon to destroy a GP Thunder Extreme Prototype, whereas it's other variant, the Centurion, can destroy it in 23 shots. The Praetorian does, however, carry more ammunition, and has a slightly faster rate of fire compared to the Centurion.