| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
Rico chases the Panau Military to get Jade.
|Previous||The White Tiger|
|Location||Kastelo Singa Military Base,|
Berawan Besar Mountains
Meet up with Tom Sheldon on the beach. He tells you that Jade Tan has been kidnapped by Panay and is held hostage in the Kastelo Singa military base (the largest in the game). After he explains everything, it would be wise to resupply your ammunition before taking-off, as it's difficult to buy during a mission while under fire.
Destroying the ventilation stationsEditGet into the helicopter and fly to the marker. To cause a distraction, you have to destroy four vent stations across the mountain base. Also remember, that the vent stations are covered, so you can't destroy them with your chopper. The best way to do this mission, if you want to cause chaos, is to fly around the base and destroy every destructible object you see (fuel depots, broadcast antennas, etc.).
- The 1st vent is seen as you get close to the base. Get into the building, kill everyone inside and blow up the generator with Fragmentation Grenades or Triggered Explosives. Three should do the trick, with shooting them in the end. Usually, there are 3-4 soldiers inside, including elites in the first two. (don't bother to kill the soldiers, just avoid their fire, they'll die anyway when the vent blows)
- The 2nd vent is just right of the 1st one. Repeat the above method for each station.
- The 3rd vent is up a hill. Be careful, as there is a soldier using a Rocket Launcher, which can kill you in one or two shots if you don't dodge and the road is blocked by small concrete blocks, but the armored car can easily pass them, if you if you're using it. Taking out this vent has its benefits, as you can use the Rocket Launcher from the dead soldier in destroying the other vents.
- The 4th vent is close to the 3rd one but still further up the hill.
After destroying the vent stations, Sheldon will inform you to get to the building by the cliffside. It's the one you see near the second vent station. as you get there, you are introduced to a new enemy type - Ninjas. They are slightly harder to kill than the normal soldiers or even the armored elites, as they can teleport about 10 m. Teleporting leaves behind a cloud of black smoke. They can't teleport while they're being shot at, so you can kill them if you're fast enough. If you're still having trouble, try to use the Grappler to pin them to the walls and then shoot them.
Alternatively, you can bring a GV-104 Razorback to the battle and use its Auto cannon and machine guns on them. Its explosive firepower combined with rapidly firing machine guns should take care of them in a short amount of time. There's also a Submachine Gun ammo box nearby, if you upgraded your Black Market version to level 6, it should also make short work of them as well.
Turns out that Jade has been moved to a different building, at the bottom of the cliff and is about to be moved away from the base. Grapple to the edge of the base and skydive/Parachute after them. You should have just enough time get close enough to them to grapple to the roof of the target car - a MV V880. If you've tried several times and failed, there's a free MV V880 close to the edge of the lake wich you can use.
You will notice that a giant nuclear submarine called the U1 will rise through the ice to your left. If the convoy gets too close to the submarine, it will shoot a guided missile at the car carrying Tan, instantly killing her. But pay no attention to it now, just get out of the base quickly. You'll have all the time you need to look at it in a later mission.
Two of the convoy cars are MV Commands. Acting fast, it is possible to Hijack one, or both if you are highly skilled. Then focus on hijacking the MV V880 where Jade is. After a little distance from the hangar door, Tom will show up in the Agency helicopter H-62 Quapaw. Be wary of time, because Tom will message you to save Jade quickly because of something about the vehicles driving into the U1. After Rico gets inside (the MV V880), a cut-scene begins.
Tom flies up to Rico and he (Rico) jumps onto the helicopter while guided missiles are still being shot from the U1. Jade manages to grab onto Rico before their vehicle is overturned by a guided missile, crashing into one of the MV types (non-identifiable) that appears only in that cut-scene. The next mission (Three Kings) is then explained by Jade Tan and Maria Kane, talking about the international benefactors for the three rebel factions on Panau. The cut-scene ends at Kampung Pokok Ru.
Main article: Just Cause 2 Bugs and glitches.
- Ninjas come from can close after the ninjas are killed, either by getting too far away from it or taking too much time getting to the room. This leaves you with no choice, you must restart from the last checkpoint. The steel door to the room where the
- The vehicles for the chase-sequence might not spawn correctly. This can involve vehicles spawning inside a solid building and the helicopter crashing. The only known fix is to reload and earlier saved game and restart the mission.
- MV V880 in the chase is in desert camouflage in the cut-scenes (before and after you save Jade Tan), but it's in winter camouflage during the rest of the mission (chasing). The
- This is the only time Ninjas spawn at this base. As a matter of fact this is the only time you can find them using a vehicle: the MV V880 where they are escorting Jade Tan.
- After you destroy the 4th vent station and Tom finishes his dialogue, a soldier can be faintly heard broadcasting "All personnel, evacuate the facility!"
- This is one of the few appearances of the MV Command. As a matter of fact this is the only time the doors where they come from are even used.
- When the U1 rises out of the ice, a giant black splotch appears on the ice if viewed from the PDA. This is the only time you will see such a change.
- This is the only time Jade Tan is a NPC.
- On hardcore difficulty, hijacking the MV carrying Jade Tan will become much harder, as you have around 2 seconds to press the button that's flashed on the screen. Not to mention an increased damage ratio of all the weapons.