The PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) is a device used by Rico which functions as the in-game options menu. It can be used to call in an extraction or heavy drop in times of need, shows statistics, and provides a detailed map with location markers, race markers, mission trigger points and other items of interest.
Features in Just Cause (1)Edit
- Map of San Esperito.
- Guerrilla relations.
- Rioja Cartel relations.
- Heavy drop.
- The missions and side-missions you've done.
- Number of bullets fired.
- Roof to roof stunt jumps.
- Air to roof stunts (refers to stunt jumping to a vehicle whilst the parachute is open).
- BASE jump statistics.
- Number of different people killed (Civilians, Police Officers, Government soldiers and Black Hand soldiers).
- Current mission information.
Features in Just Cause 2Edit
- Map of Panau.
- Setting way-points to the map (a GPS type of feature).
- Incoming news through the Panau Broadcasting Company.
- Information about the main characters of the game.
- A list of all vehicles, with updated markings for the ones you've driven.
- Chaos points.
- Approximate amount of progress needed to unlock the next missions and Black Market items.
- The number of collectible items that you have, left over from the last time you upgraded any weapons and vehicles.
- The PDA is known to use digital memory cards.
- It can be taken apart and bugged in under a minute, while the device is at the same time downloading info. This is evident at the end of the mission Casino Bust when Karl Blaine asks Rico for his PDA to add info about the faction leaders. Blaine enters his mansion, downloads the info onto the PDA's memory card and gives it back to Rico within a minute.
- It can wirelessly download info from laptops as seen during mutliple faction missions, like Mile High Club, Siphoning Gas, Clear Skies and possibly more.
- The Ular Boys civilian business associate Portuguese Pete is known to have owned a PDA.
- All Panauan faction leaders are aware, but not amazed by the PDAs abilities, which means that the Personal Digital Assistant is a pretty common device in the fictional Just Cause universe. Possibly similarly to "smartphones" in reality.
- The JC2 variant of the PDA has a 3D map. This can be seen when looking at the mountains and moving east to west, or north to south.
- Unrealistically, the PDA still functions after the EMP on Hantu Island destroys a boat or plane that Rico was using. In a real situation, the PDA would be completely useless and worth nothing.