The PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) is a device used by Rico which functions as the in-game options menu. It can be used to call in an extraction or heavy drop in times of need, shows statistics, and provides a detailed map.
Features in Just Cause (1)
- Map of San Esperito.
- Guerrilla relations.
- Rioja Cartel relations.
- Heavy drop.
- The missions and side-missions you've done.
- Number of bullets fired.
- A few others.
- Current mission information.
Features in Just Cause 2
- Map of Panau.
- Setting waypoints to the map.
- Incoming news through the Panau Broadcasting Company.
- Info about the main characters of the game.
- A list of all vehicles, with updated markings for the ones you've driven.
- Chaos points.
- Approximate amount of progress needed to unlock the next missions and Black Market items.
- The number of collectible items that you have, left over from the last time you upgraded any weapons and vehicles.
- The PDA is known to use digital memory cards.
- It can be taken apart and bugged in under a minute, while the device is at the same time downloading info.
- It can wirelessly download info from laptops.
- The Ular Boys civillian business associate Portugese Pete is known to have owned a PDA.
- All Panauan facton leaders are aware, but not amazed by the PDAs abilities, which means that the Personal Digital Assistant is a pretty common device in the fictional Just Cause universe. Possibly similarly to "smartphones" in reality.