| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
Rebel Corvette, near Corda Dracon: Centcom.
|Vehicle in Just Cause 3|
|List of owners||The Rebellion|
|Top speed (km/h)||~79.6|
|Top speed (mph)||43 (knots)|
The Corvette is a ship in Just Cause 3. It has two versions; Rebel Corvette and Military Corvette.
Despite its size, the ship more closely resembles a fast attack craft rather than a corvette. It is one of the largest controllable boats featured in the series so far, surpassed only by the Triton Broadsider in Just Cause, but even that boat is only marginally larger.
The ship has three propellers and large-diameter exhaust openings in the transom, suggesting that each screw is powered by a separate gas turbine. According to the Rebel drop info, the ship is armed with a 76 mm cannon which is in a turret at the front and highly effective at providing naval gunfire support.
The ship bears some resemblance to a real world Ystad-class fast attack craft, but is significantly scaled down which accounts for somewhat odd proportions. It also lacks the aft armament present on the Ystad-class, namely four medium-range surface-to-surface missile launchers. Similarly, the gun bears a strong resemblance to the Bofors 57 mm Mk I.
The vessel can maintain a reasonable top speed, however, as a larger ship it lacks maneuverability in close quarters, especially at low speeds, with an extremely wide turning circle. Navigating in shallow waters or within smaller island chains can be problematic. It does, however, excel in deep waterways and on the open sea.
Top speed can be boosted to 64 knots with the Nitrous II gear mod.
Versions and locationsEdit
- Encountered in coastal areas at Heat level 5.
- At several military ports:
- Shows up during some missions:
- Often spawns at the docks in Citate Di Ravello.
- Obtained for Rebel drop by liberating Porto Tridente in the north west corner of the map.
- All parked military ones from above are replaced by rebel versions after base completion.
- The Rebellion sends one as support while taking over Porto Coclea.
- Grotta Contrabandero.
- Has to be driven in the mission Tangled Up In Blue.
- Can be found patrolling the waters of western Medici, from Boom Island all the way to Volcano island in Medici.
- Numerous spawn points both in Stingray Area as well as other unmarked Black Hand bases and outposts.
- During high Heat.
- The Medici Military (and Black Hand in Mech Land Assault) version is named Military Corvette, whilst The Rebellion version is named Rebel Corvette. The two versions differ only in color scheme.
- The vessel is named after a small warship known as a corvette, however, in terms of tonnage and armament, it more closely resembles a smaller type of warship known as a fast attack craft. The ship is somewhat under-armed compared to real world fast attack crafts, which are typically armed with anti-ship missiles and torpedoes - both of which are missing on the Corvette.
- Whilst not designated for this purpose, the rear deck of the Corvette is of an adequate size to land and transport small helicopters, other craft, or even an anti-aircraft gun or a SAM launcher, provided they are tethered securely. This is particularly useful when attempting to maneuver the ship in narrow waterways, with the second vehicle able to act as a tug of sorts or for added protection against aerial attack.
- The cannon, when aimed towards the stern, can shoot through the bridge superstructure without damaging the ship.
- When entered, the Black Hand version is still called "Military Corvette", but it has all the Black Hand markings, including the "17-2" easter egg which refers to Black Hand vehicles in Just Cause.
- In a similar fashion to the system of Just Cause 1, there is a "17-2" in place of the Medici flags on the Black Hand version.
Main article: Just Cause 3 Bugs and glitches.
It has been reported that sometimes the turret might start to aim higher than the cross-hair and eventually it will become non-responsive. To fix it, aim the gun down and then exit the vehicle for a moment. Alternatively, move the vertical angle of the gun up to the limit of its aiming range, and bring the gun back down. This will reset the gun to its normal range.
This variant does not exist in the base game, and can only be encountered if Mech Land Assault is installed.