| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Faction in Just Cause 2|
|Goal, or purpose||To be sucessful drug gangsters|
and to control all of Panaus trade
and to become rich.
|Leader||Razak "The Razor" Razman|
|Starting base, or HQ||Roaches HQ|
|Source of money||Manufacturing and exporting illegal drugs|
The Roaches are one of the three illegal paramilitary factions in Just Cause 2.
Led by Razak "The Razor" Razman, the Roaches have long been Panau's most feared organized crime syndicate. Rooted deep in every town and city they have a loyal hierarchy and are highly organized. Although the Roaches organization is corrupt and always on the wrong side of the law, Razak's riches allow for a lot more freedom in their activities through bribery and death threats.
Their faction color is light blue.
Karl Blaine describes them as Panau's "urban mob, who wear some, how do I put it, very nice Italian suits while they cut your throat!"
Unique to the Roaches logo is the Korean hangul do, which on it's own can mean "plans".
The Roaches are known for their traditional organized crime activities such as smuggling, drugs and prostitution. They have also expanded their operations and intend to take control of Panau with the funding of Alexander Mirkov in the interests of Russian control of Panau. Dalton N90s in the Roaches colors can often be found driving around and attacking Panau Military personnel.
See also: List of Roaches Missions.
MembersEditRanks, starting at the bottom:
- They start with a basic ranger who wears blue/orange pants and are usually given an Assault Rifle.
- Next are elites who wear blue/orange pants and sunglasses, are also usually given an Assault Rifle and are chubbier.
- Then there are technicians, who wear blue pants a white lab coat and carry a Pistol.
- Finally there is the boss, Razak "The Razor" Razman.
Members with unknown rank:
- One guy whose rank is unknown wears blue pants, an orange hoodie and doesn't carry weapons. He appears in the beginning of every Roaches faction mission and is also shown disembarking from the Roaches H-62 Quapaw at every stronghold takeover. Oddly, in game he isn't there.
- Captain Singh. The captain of the Minerva, a Roaches cargo boat in the mission River Runs Red.
- There is a traitor in the mission Nothing to Declare. This is the only Roaches faction member who is red (indicating enemy) other than every other Roaches member who is green (indicating ally or civilian).
The Roaches appear to have only one character model, except for the one with the hoodie, who's seen in every faction mission cut-scene.
Main article: Faction vehicles.
- Dalton N90 - Usual patrol car.
- Chepachet PVD - Razaks car.
- Minerva, a customized Winstons Amen 69 - An armed cargo ship in the mission River Runs Red.
- H-62 Quapaw - Seen in Stronghold takeover missions and also provided for the mission O Panay Redentor
- Makoto MZ 250 - Provided in some missions.
- MTA Powerrun 77 - Provided in some missions.
Allies and enemiesEdit
- Reapers - Enemy. (Revealed in sidemission Can I get a Witness.)
- Panau Military - Enemy.
- Ular Boys - Neutral.
- Japanese Military - Unknown.
- Russian Military (Alexander Mirkov) - Ally.
- Under cover Rico Rodriguez - Ally.
- Chinese Military (Zhang Sun) - Enemy. (Probably because of alliance with Reapers.)
Controlled areas and locationsEdit
- Pelaut Archipelago.
- Ramai Rakyat Islands.
- Selatan Archipelago.
- Roaches HQ.
- A small outpost at Pekan Buaya Tidur.
- Pelabuhan Saudagar Harbor (in Panau City).
- Emas Hitam Oil Refinery.
- Lembah Firdaus.
- "A Roaches safehouse". Razak speaks of this during the mission River Runs Red. The Minerva was on its way there, traveling north along the Rajang river. It's not known where it is and he may have been talking about almost any location along the coast, because the safehouse could be any house/building at any civilian settlement.
- There is no plausible explanation as to how one of their Dalton N90s ended up in military custody on Pulau Berapi.
- They possess the only sidemissions in Just Cause 2 that start with K and N. In fact, there is only one mission for each of them.