| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
As seen in the Black Market.
|Weapon in Just Cause 2|
|Maximum ammunition carried||Up to 24|
|Maximum ammunition in the weapon||Up to 8|
|To unlock||415000 Chaos points|
|List of owners||The Agency|
The Rocket Launcher is a weapon in Just Cause 2.
The Rocket Launcher is a very powerful weapon, effective against personnel, vehicles and other objects. However, it is very rare so finding ammunition can be a problem. It also has a slow reload rate, leaving Rico vulnerable while reloading, but it can hold a few rockets in the launcher itself (meaning that it is possible to fire multiple rockets without reloading). It can destroy all four Gas pumps in a large Gas Station with one shot, due to its large area damage. Rico doesn't have the ability to use the guiding system. The rockets are quite accurate, traveling in a straight line at where they are aimed with little to no deviation. This allows tactics such as sniping the SAM sites of a base from a distant height in preparation for a helicopter attack.
However, many players have become disappointed with this weapon, as it is terrible against Helicopters (which can be encountered frequently during a high Heat level). This is because the rockets travel extremely slowly and usually miss, so it may take time to get accustomed to the speed of the rockets while shooting at a moving target. At higher upgrade levels, the Rocket Launcher can demolish objects like gas holders within a matter of shots. Even more effective against a couple of UH-10 Chippewas. The power of one rocket at 6 stars is almost enough to down any enemy aircraft. Learn how to compensate for target movement and time for the rocket to reach it's target and the Rocket Launcher effectively becomes a mobile SAM. Although the magazine size is only increased by one rocket per upgrade, the power becomes more noticeable than any other weapon in game which can be upgraded. Small vehicles like the military's Hamaya GSY650s will be obliterated within one shot. Even if the shot isn't a direct hit, being right next to it when it explodes will either severely damage the vehicle to the point where it is almost on fire or usually it will explode instantly after a 5 star upgrade.
So all things considered, it's a very powerful weapon, but slow.
|Ammunition, not including rockets in magazine||6||12||15||18||21||24|
|Minimum number of shots to kill a grunt||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Minimum number of shots to kill an elite||1||1||1||1||1||1|
- The best way to acquire one is to order it from the Black Market for $80,000. A cheaper way of reloading it is by purchasing a Quad Rocket Launcher if it is available, since it is only $45,000 and shares ammunition.
- One is at the Unnamed island at X:20400; Y:31100. It is unusually not in a box.
- North of the Reapers' Pemainan Racun stronghold at an unmarked village, next to a small temple-like building on a large hill to the right of the village. X:13660; Y:25224.
- In some Military bases in Panau, used by grunts (usual soldiers), usually in elevated positions with good fields of vision and fire. It is worth noting that they can lock onto you or your vehicle and have a limited tracking capacity. Caution is advised. Most likely positions include the Radars at the corners of some mountain bases.
- Owned and used by the Panau Military:
- Cape Carnival.
- In the Agency mission "Mountain Rescue", it's used by a soldier next to a Bio Fuel Shaft.
- Kem Hutan Supply Depot. It can be found near a Mancini Cavallo 1001 at the far left side of the stronghold (facing the entrance). It may take a few minutes to find the area where it is at.
- Loji Bahan Bakar Fossil. Between the Oil Cisterns at about X:25900; Y:6200.
- Kastelo Singa military base. On a SAM-equipped tower and at one if the cable car stations. They are also used by some soldiers during the mission that takes place there.
- Pulau Berapi:
- Carried by several grunts atop of the higher Fuel Silos. They can be especially troublesome if you are attacking by helicopter or with the SV-1007 Stonewall found at the southern part of the island.
- At about X:15100; Y:17100. It's not in a box and even stranger, it's floating in the air. It's next to a lamp, that keeps shooting out sparks and sounding broken, but doesn't actually look broken. It's on the north-west corner of a concrete platform. Looking directly north from the spot, it's possible to see a parked MV V880 further away.
- General "Boom Boom" Bohulano uses one.
- An unnamed Colonel in the mission An Officer and a Hitman carries one.
- Provided for a few missions, like Above the Law and Head of State.
- If you follow one of the smuggling boats in Smugglers do Run, it'll eventually stop at a dock guarded by 3 unique black Winstons Amen 69s and some smugglers with Rocket Launchers.
- A few Stronghold takeovers have a grunt carrying a rocket launcher.
- Power Surge.
- A Second Amendment. This one for some reason is not needed to be killed, but do it anyway, since he poses a very big threat.
- Boys with Toys. Be careful here as there are two.
- Paradise Valley. Is the only one that is featured at the top of the stronghold, where most strongholds have a manned Minigun.
Rocket pods/rocket launchers in vehiclesEdit
Main article: Vehicle mounted weapons.
Baby Panay's Rocket LauncherEdit
A Just Cause in which you fight Pandak "Baby" Panay, it is possible to get his special rapid-fire rocket launcher with gargantuan amounts of ammunition. The name of this weapon on the tag is "Rocketlauncher_LoD_ComtrollerDiffs_Panay". You have to be right next to him when you take him out and as soon as you do, walk up to his body and press your equip weapon button. Rico will grab his rocket launcher from the ground. This must be done between the time at which you kill Panay and the time the screen fades to black to begin the next cut-scene. You can use it during the last part of the mission in which you must shoot Panay off of the Nuclear missiles. It's unknown if it's possible to keep the weapon after the mission.The following is an unconfirmed report, which has been reported to be impossible. It may be a rare glitch. In the Xbox 360 version of the game, after you complete the portion of the story mission
Modification. While equipped, the special launcher doesn't have a HUD icon/name, and has roughly 128 rockets in a single clip.It can be obtained on the PC version through the use of a
- It resembles the Resistance RPG from Half-Life 2.