The Rocket Launcher is a very powerful weapon, effective against personnel, vehicles and other objects. However, it is very rare so finding ammunition can be a problem. It also has a slow reload rate, leaving Rico vulnerable while reloading, but it can hold a few rockets in the launcher itself (meaning that it is possible to fire multiple rockets without reloading). It can destroy all four Gas pumps in a large Gas Station with one shot, due to its' large area damage. Rico doesn't have the ability to use the guiding system.
However, many players have become disappointed with this weapon, as it is terrible against Helicopters (which can be encountered frequently during a high Heat level). This is because the rockets travel extremely slowly and usually miss.
|Ammunition, not including rockets in magazine||6||12||15||18||21||24|
|Minimum number of shots to kill an elite soldier||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Maximum number of shots to kill an elite soldier||1||1||1||1||1||1|
It can be found around Panau either in containers or on Panaun soldiers; however they rarely carry rocket launchers outside of missions and strongholds.
- The best way to aquire one is to order it from the Black Market for $80,000.
- At the center of the island at X:20410; Y:31206, inside a temple.
- North of the Reapers' Pemainan Racun stronghold at an unmarked village, next to a small temple-like building on a large hill to the right of the village. X:13660; Y:25224.
- In some Military bases in Panau, used by grunts (usual soldiers), usually in elevated positions with good fields of vision and fire. It is worth noting that they can lock onto you or your vehicle and have a limited tracking capacity. Caution is advised. Most likely positions include the Radars at the corners of some bases.
- Cape Carnival.
- In the Agency mission "Mountain Rescue", it's used by a soldier next to a Bio Fuel Shaft.
- Kem Hutan Supply Depot. It can be found near a Mancini Cavallo 1001 at the far left side of the stronghold (facing the entrance). It may take a few minutes to find the area where it is at.
- Loji Bahan Bakar Fossil. Between the Oil Cisterns.
- Kastelo Singa military base. On a SAM-equipped tower, and at one if the cable car stations.
- Carried by several grunts at Pulau Berapi. The soldiers wielding them spawn atop of the higher Fuel Silos and can be especially troublesome if you are attacking by helicopter or with the SV-1007 Stonewall found at the southern part of the island.
Rocket pods/rocket launchers in vehiclesEdit
In reality these shoot much bigger and more powerful missiles, but in the game they seem to be the same as rocket launchers except; they fire faster, have unlimited ammunition and don't need any form of reloading. Also, in reality, the kind of pods that can be seen on the in-game aircraft can in reality only shoot unguided missiles that are used for ground attack missions.
Rocket launchers in vehicles are the same as the above which is strange as they should fire slower because they only have one barrel whereas the pods have multiple.
Baby Panay's Rocket LauncherEdit
The name of this weapon on the tag is "Rocketlauncher_LoD_ComtrollerDiffs_Panay".
In the Xbox 360 version of the game, after you complete the portion of the story mission A Just Cause in which you fight Pandak "Baby" Panay, it is possible to get his special rapid-fire rocket launcher with gargantuan amounts of ammunition. You have to be right next to him when you take him out and as soon as you do, walk up to his body and press your equip weapon button. Rico will grab his rocket launcher from the ground. This must be done between the time at which you kill Panay and the time the screen fades to black to begin the next cutscene. You can use it during the last part of the mission in which you must shoot Panay off of the Nuclear missiles. It's unknown if it's possible to keep the weapon after the mission.
It can be obtained on the PC version through the use of a Modification.