| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|SAMs in Medici|
|Weapon in Just Cause 3|
|Maximum ammunition in the weapon||Infinite|
|List of owners||Medici Military|
SAMs in Medici are fully autonomous Surface-to-Air Missile systems in Just Cause 3.
It's an automated missile launcher with six missiles. Each launcher has an 8-wheeled Trailer. The launcher consists of a tall cylindrical unit with three loaded missile canisters mounted on either side. On top of the cylindrical unit is a flashing beacon which indicates whether the SAM is within target range.
There is a computer on the trailer, which Rico can hack. When this is done, the SAMs will attack all Medici Military aircraft within range. The beacon on top of the cylindrical unit will also change color from red to blue to indicate ownership of the SAM (blue for The Rebellion and red for the Medici Military, or Black Hand). The beacon can also be used as a range indicator; if the beacon can be seen, the SAM can be assumed to be within range of you.
The SAM launcher's body bears a vague resemblance to a real world Rapier SAM launcher, with the missile tube layout looking like the six outermost tubes of a Russian BM-30 Smerch multiple rocket launcher.
The SAM has a short range and can launch missiles at three second intervals. It can destroy most helicopters with two to three direct hits. The missiles are not highly maneuverable or fast, meaning they can be evaded quite easily. In order to detonate, the missile must make direct contact with the target. Despite there being only six missiles on the launcher, the SAM can fire an infinite number of missiles.
The SAM is highly mobile due to its 8-wheeled Trailer. It can be towed around through the use of the Grappler and a large vehicle. Helicopters can also hoist the SAM onto large ships, such as the Corvette.
A hacked SAM launcher will attack you if you fly a Black Hand aircraft.
They all look the same, regardless of owner. All of them are considered to belong to which ever faction controls the settlement where they are.
- At least one SAM launcher is present at nearly all Military bases in Medici.
- Some appear at other settlements and even at roadsides during missions. The ones at roadsides usually have Medici Military and Rebellion vehicles and soldiers near them, fighting each other.
- Welcome Home - Several are on hills outside of settlement limits.
- Time For An Upgrade - Two are at two very small unmarked outposts in Insula Fonte. After completing the mission, they become Rebellion-controlled.
- Missile Cowboy - Several appear in the countryside in northern Insula Fonte.
- Turncoat - One at a unique checkpoint and one at Babica.
- Tangled Up In Blue - Several appear in the countryside in northern Insula Dracon.
- The Shatterer of Worlds - At least one in northern Citate Di Ravello and at least two in the countryside to the north.
- The Black Hand has some too:
- The ones that appear in missions do not appear there normally.
- The words "High Explosive Warhead" and "Warning <--- Danger" below it appear at the front of each missile socket.