| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
|SAMs in San Esperito|
A ground installation at Don Velasco Air base on a hill, east north-east of Esperito City and just west of Guerrilla 29 "Campo Libertad" safehouse.
|Weapon in Just Cause|
|Type||Automatic SAM launcher|
|Usage||Not controlled by the player|
|Maximum ammunition in the weapon||Infinity|
|List of owners||San Esperito Military|
SAMs in San Esperito are anti-aircraft weapons in Just Cause (1).
For any other SAMs, see: SAM (disambiguation).
They are surface to air missile (link to wikipedia) launchers.
While a base belongs to the government, these missile launchers will try to kill Rico, if he approaches with a flying machine. As soon as a base is taken over by the Guerrillas, they start shooting at any government aircraft in range.
If you have Heat, all vehicle weapons will automatically lock onto the missile launchers, just like they would to any other enemy. Oddly enough, your weapons will still lock onto them during heat, if you approach a friendly military base.
The missile launchers look like boxes that have four missiles connected to either side and a small radar antenna on the top.
They are installed in many different locations. The ground positions are usually surrounded by a low wall of sandbags. Many are on the tops of purpose-built wooden towers. Two are on a train. Three are on a ship.
Those wooden towers all have ladders leading to the top and at least two of them can be found in civilian use, as observation towers. One is north north-east of Guerrilla 23 "Camp Soledad" safehouse. Perfect for BASE jumping.
- At least one of them can be seen in almost every military base (there are only about three that don't have them).
- On three of the corners of the fortress on Isla San Cristobal, located north-east of Guerrilla 06 "Camp Contrabandista" safehouse.
- In front of the president's palace on Isla Dominio (south-east corner of the map).
- On top of the mountain on Isla Dominio.
- At the nuclear facility during the mission "Love is in the Air".
- Hidden between the trees on a hill, just north north-east from the airfield on Isla Dominio.
- At a radio station, during the mission Broadcast News.
- 2 on a train, during the mission Guadalicano Choo Choo.
- Three are on board Salvador Mendoza's unnamed destroyer, during the mission Sink the Buccaneer.
- One appears as a "military gun turret" on top of a tower that needs to be destroyed in a Guerrilla sidemission. After the sidemission is completed, the tower disappears.
- Rico and Esperanza try to buy a weapon called "Sam 3" in the mission Brothers in Arms. Nothing is known about these weapons.
- These SAMs are a lot more powerful and better guided than JC2 SAMs, albeit slower than the latter.