| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
As seen in the Black Market.
|Weapon in Just Cause 2|
|Maximum ammunition carried||Up to 72|
|Maximum ammunition in the weapon||Up to 8|
|To unlock||140000 Chaos points|
|List of owners||Agency|
The Sawed-Off Shotgun is a weapon in Just Cause 2.
It is a shotgun with a sawed-off barrel as the name implies. It has a wooden grip and metallic twin barrels and trigger. It is very stubby in shape and is small enough to be considered a successor to the Dawson 61 Sports Model shotgun from Just Cause (1). It's the oldest looking weapon in the Just Cause game series.
Closely examining its Black Market picture, it's possible to see the front sight. This means that unless the sight was added later, it's not really sawed-off at all and was instead built this way all along.
It's a deadly instrument at close range, capable of doing enormous damage. Note how it takes a single blast to kill a basic enemy. It's extremely suited to taking out defenders on vehicles you're trying to Hijack and when combined with a Revolver on Dual-Wield you can do some serious damage. The almost realistic power comes at two prices: very limited range and small ammunition capacity. It's also fun when hijacking Helicopters, as the guard who sticks his head out to shoot you will be guaranteed to die after a single shot.
Despite being a double-barrel shotgun it can hold 3 to 8 rounds depending on upgrade level, whereas a double-barrel shotgun in real life can only hold 2 rounds. This was probably done to make this weapon more comparable with others.
It can kill two people with one shot. The same goes for its larger counterpart.
|Maximum ammunition (not counting the magazine)||27||36||45||54||63||72|
|Minimum number of shots to kill a grunt||2||1||1||1||1||1|
|Minimum number of shots to kill an elite||2||2||2||2||2||2|
- Can be obtained from dead "grunts" (usual soldiers), who frequently carry it.
- Can be bought from the Black Market for $35,000.
- Strangely it has 2 barrels with a total of 2 shells, but it has more than 2 shells. The rest must be in the user's pockets.
- It causes the largest amount of blood splatter.
- The weapon doesn't look sawed off at all. If that was the case, the ends of the barrels would not become slightly wider, like they do in the Black Market picture and even if someone somehow widened them, then the front sight would still be connected to the original barrels that were sawed off, so did they also weld a new front sight on the gun?
- See Dawson 61 Sports Model for the Just Cause sawed off shotgun.
Main artcle: Just Cause 2 Weapon glitches.
There's a glitch with this weapon in the Xbox 360 version of the game. The weapon can become stuck in the reloading position; Rico aims and fires with it normally, but the barrels are pointing towards the ground. This glitch can be fixed by reloading the weapon.