| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Sniper Rifle (JC2)|
As seen in the Black Market.
|Weapon in Just Cause 2|
|Maximum ammunition carried||Up to 27|
|Maximum ammunition in the weapon||Up to 9|
|List of owners||Agency|
Gambler's Den Gambling Group
Ular Boys (one mission only)
Mile High Club guard
The Sniper Rifle is a weapon in Just Cause 2.
For any other kind of sniper rifle, see: Sniper Rifle (disambiguation).
The weapon is especially good for assassinating colonels, as head-shots will always result in a one-shot kill, and the scope allows a player to take them out at range, before they have the chance to shoot back. When shooting at a moving motorcycle directly front-on, there's a chance that it'll launch the motorcycle in to the air. It can also, like the Revolver, kill helicopter pilots through the windshield with a single bullet, though doing so with this against an attack helicopter is much more dangerous as the player will be exposed to its guns. Otherwise, it is not recommended when facing a large number of enemies due to its low rate of fire and low reserve ammunition. It will take out any target within 1 shot after it is upgraded to level 6.
|Minimum number of shots to kill a grunt||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Minimum number of shots to kill an elite||2||2||2||2||2||1|
- Black Market with a cost of $45,000. It's the third weapon to be unlocked, along with the Revolver.
- Provided in the Reapers mission The Broader Scope.
- At X:6490; Y:27550, on a stone block near some ruins.
- Often used by the Panau Military in Guard Towers, or on Water Towers in military bases. When used by enemies, it will have a laser sight and will fire after about 2 to 3 seconds of being steady on you. It will do a fairly large amount of damage at once, so it's best to take them out quickly.
- Panau Military snipers have to be killed in several missions (mostly in Stronghold takeovers).
- The highest concentration of snipers is in the mission The White Tiger, when you have to eliminate all the guards at Lengkok Sungai Gambler's Den. Three of those "guards" are snipers who, unlike Panau Military snipers who search for you, seem to be able to find you instantly (unless you are under the floor) and if you haven't upgraded your health bar, can prove very fatal if you get hit.
- Provided in the Ular Boys mission Rico's Day in Court.
- If you get high heat at the Mile High Club, a bartender will appear with this weapon at the back.