The island Tanah Raya is by far the biggest island on Panau. It contains almost half of the settlements in the country. The island stretches out more then 25 kilometers counted at some places. Tanah Raya means "Soil Kingdom" in Indonesian, and "Great Land" in Malaysian.
It's the large island with all the snowy mountains. It dominates the east part of Panau.
- Berawan Besar Mountains - The snowy mountain range in the middle of the island.
- West Tanah Raya - The coast on the northwestern side of the island.
- East Tanah Raya - The south-east part of the island, except the mountains.
- Panau Tengah Bay - The coast on the south-west part of the island, around the bay.
- Pelaut Archipelago - The coast on the north side of the island, facing the islands around the archipelago.
The M2 motorway is going around the whole island, in a route around the mountain range. The M2 is by far the longest highway in Panau, around 72 km long.