| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
The faction was reported to be "failing" until the arrival of Rico. The Rebellion utilizes captured military vehicles as well as shotguns and other captured weapons. Based on promotional screenshots, their faction color is light blue.
The rebellion doesn't have a proper name as such. They're always referred to as "the rebels" / "the rebellion". Roland Lesterlin called it simply "The rebellion" in some pre-release interview. The beginning cut-scene in Welcome Home shows Dimah as "Brains of the Rebellion".
Most rebel vehicles are painted with the insignia over the three stars, shark-like patterns and bull horns (a reference to ancient Medician culture and religion) on the front end, giving them a menacing look and a blue roof. For aircraft, however, these are just painted with a plain light blue and the insignia, giving them a "normal" look.
The rebellion symbol comes from an ancient Medician religion that worshiped bulls. An ancient temple with a bull altar can be seen on the northern coast of Plagia. The altar has new potted plants around it, indicating recent activity. Another similar shrine with two large bull statues is at the Grotta Contrabandero base.
There's a board with detailed rebel plans on the beach near the aircraft carrier. The same set of plans can also spawn at random other places inside the rebel bases, but when that happens there will be a few rebels standing in front of it and blocking the view. One of the maps shows the location of Medici, but it's incorrectly shown to be several hundred kilometers north of the actual location (as proven by coordinates).
Members and alliesEdit
- Mario - Leader and Vehicle Specialist.
- Rico Rodriguez - Professional Gunman.
- Dimah Ali Umar al-Masri (a.k.a. "Brains of the Rebellion") - A female "brilliant scientist" who invented Rico Rodriguez's Wingsuit and who mods the explosive weapons.
- Rosa Manuela - "Exiled populist leader". According to Di Ravello tapes, she was running against president Dante in an election and would have won, but Di Ravello managed to seize power just before the election and legal transition of power. Later she takes over as leader of the Rebellion from Mario.
- Many soldiers.
- U-39 Plechovka.
- U-55S Pozhar.
- U-96 Kladivo.
- Urga Vdova 89.
- USV 45 Sokol.
- Vehicle mounted weapons (Urga Bkolos 2100, CS Odjur)
- Military vehicles at Military bases in Medici are instantly replaced by rebellion-marked versions when the base is 100% complete.
- Stria Obrero with an EMP bomb - Is parked at Refugio Umbra.
- As explained in Mario's Rebel Drops, any vehicle you deliver to a rebel controlled garage will become available for Rebel drop, however most of these vehicles will still be in civilian colors.
- Stria Facocero - Parked at many Checkpoints and Liberated town police stations as well as military bases. Can also appear in traffic.
- Weimaraner - Same as above. Does not appear in traffic.
- Stria Obrero - Same as above. Does not appear in traffic.
- Urga Szturm 63A - Same as above. Can appear in traffic.
- Urga Ogar 7 V8 - Same as above. Does not appear in traffic.
- Custode 29 - In water traffic and guarding various liberated ports.
- CS Navajo - Guarding various liberated bases.
- Urga Hrom D - Same as above.
- Rebel Corvette - Guarding various liberated Military Ports.
- CS Powerrun 77 - Same as above.
- CS7 Thunderhawk - Guarding Vulture and Griphon once liberated. Possibly bases too. Can also be seen taking off from said bases and Falco Maxime: Centcom.
- U-7 Dravec - Same as above. Can replace or fly with the CS7.
- CS Baltdjur - Can only be seen in the Random Encounter called Convoy Rescue. It is driven by a Military soldier.
- CS Powerrun 77 - Featured in Connect the Dots.
- Stria Facocero - Featured in Welcome Home and other missions.
- Stria Obrero with an EMP bomb - Featured in A Long and Dangerous Road.
- Urga Bkolos 2100 - Featured in Missile Cowboy, Tangled Up In Blue, and The Shatterer of Worlds.
- Urga Hrom D - Featured in Connect the Dots.
- Urga Szturm 63A - Featured in A Long and Dangerous Road and other missions.
- Weimaraner - Featured in Welcome Home and other missions.
- Rico will say "I need to be more careful." after shooting a Rebel.
- Rico can get some rebels inside his vehicle if he blows the horn near them.
- It is interesting to note that while some vehicles have the Rebellion flag hastily painted on, some of their captured vehicles (like the Urga Hrom Ds or Imperator Bavarium Tanks) are completely painted.
- There is no proper name for this group. In game they are always called "the rebellion", or "rebels".
- As some rebels are wearing body armor and are capable of driving military vehicles, it could be that many are former members of the Military or Black Hand.
- This resistance organization seems to have some minor resemblance to several Kurdish armed groups (like the YPG or Euphrates Volcano), or Free Syrian Army or even the IRA, but this group closely resembles South American rebels such as FARC. However as noted, this group is not a guerrilla organization. The Rebellion fights for liberty and democracy instead of Communism which some Guerrilla groups are about. They also directly engage their enemies in open combat instead of using guerrilla methods, which would give aptly name them as they are. This group also isn't a terrorist group because they do not harm civilians and are only target military/political opponents.
- After a recent update, rebels can now directly commandeer military vehicles used by their enemies.
- Rebel quotes are very interesting at times.
- Sometimes if you get close enough to some rebels, they might say they have a brother in the army, but they still grew up together and even feels sorry for them. But the brother believes that power and order are the real pillars of freedom, which the rebel responds by saying his brother is a idiot.
- While the army is their enemy, they will sometimes express sympathy for the soldiers.
- They may sometimes say that they recognize a soldier that they killed and that they grew up together.