| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
|The White Tiger|
|Location||Lengkok Sungai Gambler's Den;|
Bandar Lengkok Sungai
An unknown contact tells Rico that Tom Sheldon may have started an opposition group named "White Tiger". Sloth Demon suggests meeting Ken Pang, someone in the Tiger's employ, near Bandar Lengkok Sungai.
There is no real need to switch your two handed weapon for a sniper rifle. The mission will progress as normal no matter how you kill the guards and save him.
Next, you'll have to run through the facility and kill everyone who gets in your way. This may be difficult at first, because Ken will run past you and get killed, if you're too slow. Once you've gotten out of there, get on one of the three Makoto MZ 250s and follow Ken. Soon, you'll get to an ambush point. Get off and kill everyone at the ambush point. Then get on the next conveniently located motorcycle and accompany Ken on a journey across the desert. No matter when you start the mission, the time will always be the same at this point.
Soon you'll get to the broken cargo ship. Ken will leave and never be seen or heard of again. Kill all the soldiers and the unnamed colonel. He goes down easily with a sniper rifle. You'll find a data card with the whereabouts of the man known as the "White Tiger". After that, a UH-10 Chippewa shows up. Use your grappler to hijack it. Or use the Makoto MZ 250 located next to where Rico spawns after killing the colonel and use it to ride to the beacon, but that would take a lot longer.
Fly to the target. It's the Rajang Temple. There will be a cut-scene where someone shoots Rico with some poisonous darts. The next thing you'll see is that Rico is hanging upside-down and Tom Sheldon explains everything.
- The man "White Tiger",
- Sloth Demon, the Black Market dealer and,
- The leader of the "rebel gang" White tiger.
The Panau Military arrives soon and you'll have to use a minigun to kill them all and protect Tom. Stay with or ahead of Tom and mow down all the soldiers. You can shoot enemies right through the columns (the columns will respawn after the mission, should you ever return to this location).
After you kill all the enemies, there will be a cut-scene, where Tom wonders how his White Tiger cover was busted. Rico speculates it may be Jade Tan, but Tom suspects Karl Blaine. Tom's theory is confirmed, as when Tom checks Rico's PDA, he discovers a 'bug' on Rico's PDA, tracking Rico's location, that Blaine put on there when he offered Rico to upload some intel onto his PDA. Blaine likely leaked this to the government, after being tortured by Baby Panay himself. Tom will advise Rico to continue causing Chaos, to find out who the 'unknown players' are, as they are surely working with the three factions. Tom will then leave in a military truck.
- The cut-scene in which Rico is hanging upside down is the only cut-scene in the game viewed from a first person perspective.
- Sometimes Ken will stay behind a rock during a shootout in the bike sequence of the mission until the very last soldier is killed. This has only been known to happen on the PS3 version.
- As a continuity error, the cut-scene at the temple shows Sheldon taking out an Assault Rifle out of the box but in the mission he uses a Shotgun.
- This is the only time any Broken ship is used in a mission. Also the Colonel that has to be killed in this mission does not count toward the number of colonels killed.
- This is also the only time the "death sound" is played without you actually dying.
- Oddly, all the soldiers during the beginning part of the shootout carry Submachine Guns before the elites begin using two-handed weapons. Either Assault Rifles or Machine Guns.
- If you arrive at the beacon via helicopter and don't exit at the beacon, the beacon is, oddly, making the beeping sound of a Sentry gun.
- This is one of only two Agency missions where there are enemies outside of the Panau Military. In this case, the Gambler's Den Gambling Group.
- If you go back to the cargo ship after the mission, the Submachine Gun and Fragmentation Grenade boxes are still there. Perhaps the White Tigers also left those as well?
- Presumably the White tigers also steal military vehicles, since one of them shows up in a Fengding EC14FD2.
- The Lengkok Sungai Gambler's Den's guards are the only character models of their kind.
- Very unrealistically, the heat level doesn't change at all even after Rico quite literally massacres all the soldiers attacking, who number around 60. However, the heat music does change several times between "easy" and "difficult" heat levels, probably compensating for the soldiers massacred.
- Although not in short supply, this is one of the few missions where the Panau Military H-62 Quapaw is featured. Another one being Pilgrimage.
- This is the only Agency mission that features an unmarked location (the broken cargo ship) other than a nuclear submarine in a later mission.
- This is the only mission where the Minigun is featured as a carried weapon. The minigun is used against Rico in many missions and tens of bases, but at no other time is the player made to carry it.
- There are several missions where the Makoto MZ 250 is provided, but this mission can arguably feature them the most prominently.
- After the mission, Sloth Demon is replaced by Tom Sheldon. The Black Market prices will stay the same. In fact, the only thing that will change is the comments Sheldon makes when making a weapon or vehicle delivery. This means that Tom is either greedy, or the Agency must have had some major budget cuts, because it makes its agents buy their own weapons. Another theory, however, is that agents must buy their own weapons in order to distance agents from the Agency whilst the agents are on assignments (therefore distancing the Agency from activity and violent attacks on the island of Panau). Most likely the latter, considering the fact that Baby Panay has broken all ties with the U.S..
- This mission is the only appearance of Ken Pang.
- On Hardcore difficulty, there will be a significant increase of Submachine Gun - wielding elites instead of grunts on lower difficulty levels.