FANDOM


  • About a few hours ago, Walmart accidentally posted many, many games on it's game page on it's website that aren't released yet, most likely by accident, like you can see with the image posted. If you look at the 2nd row, 1st column you see Just Cause 4 on there. Some of these games like Division 2 and all seem to already be confirmed so if Just Cause 4 is in these pile of already or possibly confirmed games, surely Just Cause 4 has been in the works for quite some time now.



    Anyways, just wanted to see what you think on the issue, but from what it look to me, Just Cause 4 might be coming earlier than the 2019/2020 expected release date, or at least it's looking even more probable that it'll happen in the next year or two.

    Walmart ca leak of future preorder games May of 2018
      Loading editor
    • I've seen this too. Entirely possible, but they list Forza Horizon 5 even though Horizon 4 hasn't been released yet, although it could be a simple typo/mistake.

        Loading editor
    • Fair point, but we do see other teasers and somewhat proof of the confirmation of JC4, and it's a popular game, even now. I'm practically convinced that JC4 is coming soon.

        Loading editor
    • I agree with Competizione. I don't think this is actually Just Cause 4.

        Loading editor
    • This is probably a typo

      Avalanche hasn't released anything related to it

        Loading editor
    • I think it may be a fake, but time will tell. Someone already updated Just Cause 4 for it. I arranged info a bit better.

        Loading editor
    • When is that ever false

      Time will tell

        Loading editor
    • GMRE wrote:
      I think it may be a fake, but time will tell. Someone already updated Just Cause 4 for it. I arranged info a bit better.

      I wanted to update it and send it in as a draft but this isn't Wikipedia where you just update something and the draft gets sent in for mods lol, but I'm glad to see the info up there.

      I also don't think it's fake. It's an official walmart website, and after some investigating, it's secured by MarkMonitor, which companies like Google and Netflix and the huge ones like those use for site protection. Anyways, games like Division 2 and other basically confirmed ones or confirmed ones were in the mix too.

        Loading editor
    • It’s been like 3 years since Just Cause 3 so this leak is a bit shaky but it’s possible that JC4 reused some of the assets from 3

        Loading editor
    • Not quite 3 years

      Almost but not yet

      Just Cause 4 actually might reuse some assets from all the games considering the different systems from all three games

      But again nothing's been released yet from Avalanche officially so for the moment this is just all speculation

        Loading editor
    • Well they were working on Mad Max inbetween 2 and 3

        Loading editor
    • Reactivated 19 days later

      True

        Loading editor
    • Yep, it is happening guys.

      I think we should look at the background aswell, seems like Rico is in a rainforest of some kind.

      Are we going to South America?

        Loading editor
    • Ohhhhhh now this is all very exciting. Very much looking forward to this.

        Loading editor
    • Judging by the picture, it will definitely be in a jungle environment. Trees like that don't grow in european, or north american climate zones. The nature hints at something warmer, but it could just as easily be near Vietnam. Or a fictional island in the currently disputed south china sea.
      Just Cause 4 leaked pre-purchase advertisement

      Look closer.


      Also, notice the lightning! I had only just complained about the lack of good lightning at the Just Cause 4 Wishlist a few days ago, just as I had wanted it into JC3 when I added it to the Just Cause 3 Wishlist.

      The first trailer for Just Cause promised us great sounding distant storms (see the trailer at the bottom of Just Cause) and they have yet to deliver.

        Loading editor
    • Those trees look African to me. That gun on Rico's back looks really cool.

        Loading editor
    • An african location would certainly be a first for the game series, so it might just be. If it is Africa, I hope they'll add elephants and rhinos.

        Loading editor
    • Call me crazy but

      PC was wondering if the lightning symbolized something dark happening

      Not necessarily actual lightning

        Loading editor
    • I think that just symbolizes how amazing the game is going to look ...and how I'm going to have to get a new video card :( .

        Loading editor
    • I was very disappointed that we're not going to the Middle East. But I will play the game anyway when the game's good.

        Loading editor
    • Trouble with the "middle east" is that it's all a desert and we'd be fighting to settle the score between different muslim factions.

        Loading editor
    • That's pretty much a general statement

      But wherever Just Cause 4 is set I'm fine with

        Loading editor
    • After doing some research into the leaked image I have discovered these trees are most similar to the Marula Tree in Africa. Although the Marula is a savannah tree, so it doesn't really make sense for the jungle looking environment. It would make sense as the next logical step the game would take place in Africa.

        Loading editor
    • Another guy at a discord thought it looked like something south of China. But he's no tree expert.

        Loading editor
    • Sounds like it

      South America, Asia, and Europe are taken

      Australia is unlikely to become a dictatorship anytime soon along with North America

      Africa is likely to be the next continent

        Loading editor
    • *Central America


      And the Americas and Asia are way bigger than you think. Sure, it could be Africa, but until there's more evidence, we only have speculation. And let's not forget the climate-diversity of Panau.

      You guys are making it sound like Africa is confirmed.

        Loading editor
    • Hey I'm not saying it's confirmed

      I'm just saying it's likely

      Likely does not = Confirmed

        Loading editor
    • Middle East would be a gold mine for Just Cause, but so long the game's good I will play it

        Loading editor
    • I don't want to be that person but considering the real world climate of the Middle East it'd be kinda insensitive to make a game based there, to be honest.

        Loading editor
    • Command and Conquer Generals did it, as well as ARMA: Operation Arrowhead

        Loading editor
    • Personally I think it'd be pretty insensitive whether other games have done it or not. *shrug*

        Loading editor
    • I don't know if they would want to do the Latin America thing again so soon. Africa has had its own famous dictatorships ie: Mugabe, Gadhafi. Central America is mostly known for its poverty, not so much its dictatorships, besides it has to be on an island, they minus well do the Caribbean again. Also there is not a lot of biome diversity down there. Personally I think Africa would be a good idea, because of the many biomes that are available.

        Loading editor
    • To be honest I don't know if Avalanche will set Just Cause 4 in Africa

      Central America, Asia, and Southern Europe are taken already, and that's

      Almost three continents

      Now while Africa seems the logical choice given Australia or N. America have few dictatorships

      Honestly time will tell

      Now E3 is happening a few days so maybe that will clear up some confusions

        Loading editor
    • After seeing more leaked pics, it's possibly located somewhere in South America, judging by the pyramid. The car plate has the flag with same color scheme as Sierra Leone flag, though. Car pic  Pyramid/temple

        Loading editor
    • Right, the Africa theory is over. It's definitely either south/central America, or south-east Asia. The flag colors don't mean much, since it's fictional, but I wouldn't expect an old american car to be available in south-east Asia.

        Loading editor
    • So we're back in the rough area of San Esperito

      Wonderful

        Loading editor
    • Good lord, wherever it is its absolutely beautiful.

        Loading editor
    • JC4 leaked artwork (mountains, jungle and storm at a city)

      Inserted for convenience

      JC4 leaked artwork (tree and number 4)

      Inserted for convenience

      JC4 leaked screenshot (motorcycle and jet)

      Inserted for convenience

      JC4 leaked screenshot (town built into a bridge)

      Inserted for convenience

      JC4 leaked screenshot (rocket launcher and helicopter)

      Inserted for convenience

      JC4 leaked screenshot (heavily armored enemy)

      Inserted for convenience

      JC4 leaked screenshot (wingsuiting at a military base)

      Inserted for convenience

      JC4 leaked artwork (muscle car, mountains and tornado)

      Inserted for convenience

        Loading editor
    • Oh man, I can't wait for this game.

        Loading editor
    • I'll likely need a new video card. And as I just searched out, those cost like 700 €. And I should probably get a new PSU too, so that's like 1000 €. Not that I couldn't buy that right now, but I'm still saving money for something that could cost like 10 times more and I don't even know exactly how much the other thing costs yet, so I'll have to wait at least another month and a half until I find out. So long story short, this game had better not come out until at least 2 months from now.

        Loading editor
    • I think it'll be about another year or so yet before the game is released, honestly, I'm just excited lol.

        Loading editor
    • It's hard to say

      If it's released in 2018, it's definitely going to late 2018 because this has been in development ever since JC3 was released

      Before JC3 was released Square Enix registered domain names for JC4, so I would think maybe a 2019 or 20 release date

      It's hard to say

        Loading editor
    • After looking over these new leaked photos one thing that really stuck out was the topography. These mountains remind a lot of the foothills of Andean Bolivia in South America. Almost all of these pictures feature stormy weather too, which could mean we will get some kind of dynamic weather system. The fauna doesn't look particularly South American too me though, but looking at these mountains reminds me very much of the Andes, a little like Ghost Recon Wildlands. So far we have high plains, mesas, mountains, and lots of jungle. I was kind of hoping they were going to something with a bit more desert, I really liked what they did with it in JC2.

        Loading editor
    • HOLY COW DID YOU GUYS SEE THE JUST CAUSE REVEAL AT XBOX E3

        Loading editor
    • Not yet. I'm heading to youtube now.

        Loading editor
    • Just Cause 4 is official boys. December 4th, this year.

        Loading editor
    • JEEZ THAT VIDEO WAS

      DANG AWESOME

        Loading editor
    • I am a little disappointed they are going the black hand route, they were never all that built up or developed in the last games. Hopefully they can make them interesting, but I just don't know if you can have Just Cause without overthrowing national governments. Who knows, maybe we will still be able to, the trailer doesn't explain a lot anyways.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe it's some other dictator who employed the Black Hand as security

      Who knows

      The Black Hand have been on the bad person's side since San Esperito

        Loading editor
    • What if the black hand took over an entire country, like that one episode from the A-Team

        Loading editor
    • The Black Hand have always been a mystery, hopefully in Just Cause 4 their backstory will be revealed

        Loading editor
    • And hopefully they will finally put a multiplayer mode in

        Loading editor
    • Well according to the Xbox trailer at E3

      They are the world's largest private military force

      But taking over a country?

      That's almost impossible without sufficient backing from somewhere


      There's already Just Cause 2 Multiplayer and Just Cause 3 Multiplayer

      What do you mean by multiplayer mode

        Loading editor
    • Just Cause 3 and 2 multiplayer are both mods, I mean a real properly supported multiplayer for all platforms.

        Loading editor
    • Oh

      Mm

      Hard to say

      The Just Cause game series has always featured Rico as the sole protagonist along with several other supporting characters

      I guess if there was a multiplayer built in it would be unprecedented

        Loading editor
    • Maybe you could create custom online character, like in GTA 5 online

        Loading editor
    • Time will tell

        Loading editor
    • They missed a good opportunity with the Middle East.

        Loading editor
    • Oh really

        Loading editor
    • Nah, the location is beautiful, the trailer made the game look epic. December 4th, I am well excited for this. Nooo i did not just spend about half an hour tweeting about this game whaat nooo me???</sarcasm>

        Loading editor
    • The game looks pretty epic

        Loading editor
    • They still haven't said anything about the multiplayer from what I've heard

        Loading editor
    • I'm not terribly bothered about multiplayer myself, honestly. I'll be getting the PS4 version so I kinda doubt I'll get access to multiplayer anyway.

        Loading editor
    • Well then we’re in San Esperi *cough I mean Solís.

        Loading editor
    • Links for reference at this point

      Just Cause 4

      Solís

        Loading editor
    • liking the new musclecar already hopfully we get some rally cars too.

        Loading editor
    • Hopefully

        Loading editor
    • yes hopefully. And i want to know why the black hand are the main enemy now. And what happened with medici? will there be carryovers with cars and characters or is everything new?.  like south america is to me just cause wise. didn't buy jc1. 

        Loading editor
    • Why the Black Hand are the main enemy - Yet to be determined

      Medici? Moved on

      Carryovers? Wingsuit/grappler/Rico that's about it

        Loading editor
    • Desert biome confirmed

        Loading editor
    • Desert, tundra, forest biomes are here

        Loading editor
    • Also we all know about the stria joia(seat leon fr) medici police cars in jc3. Do you think we'll have real police  cars and vehicles with sirens in solis? or do think police in solis will have been given the boot?

        Loading editor
    • As far as the trailers have shown, there is no police force in Solís

      There is one part in a trailer that seemingly shows a police car, but that is probably some trick of the light

        Loading editor
    • So basically the entire country is like an Amazon rainforest Bolivian type deal, and the Black Hand controls the entire country.

        Loading editor
    • Er...not quite

      There's sandstorms and blizzards

      And the Black Hand does seem to be occupying Solís

        Loading editor
    • I wonder if Sheldon is going to be playing an important role this time

        Loading editor
    • Hmm

      Don't know

      He doesn't appear in the trailers

      And so there's a chance he may not even appear

        Loading editor
    • I liked the idea if Sheldon and Rico having diverging interests, it was interesting. In JC3 Rico literally went AWOL to liberate Medici. The Agency actually wanted Di Ravello to stay in power, it is a clever commentary on foreign policy. If it isn't touched on in the main story it will probably be done in DLC.

        Loading editor
    • Just letting you guys know that the mainpage poll has been updated.

        Loading editor
    • The game is releasing on December 4th, 2018.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, it is, planning on preordering gold.

        Loading editor
    • Emperor Gumball wrote:
      I liked the idea if Sheldon and Rico having diverging interests, it was interesting. In JC3 Rico literally went AWOL to liberate Medici. The Agency actually wanted Di Ravello to stay in power, it is a clever commentary on foreign policy. If it isn't touched on in the main story it will probably be done in DLC.

      jc4 dlc or jc3? because jc3 dlc has touched on it. And i reckon Anonymous is right. if he hasn't been mentioned in any of the trailers or making of jc4 he at best might get mentioned in passing since rico according to the trailers is still AWOL. So rico more than likely was asked to help out in solis.  

        Loading editor
    • I doubt it won't even be there

      If The Agency wanted Di Ravello to stay in power they would've shown it much earlier and in some kind of alternate gameplay



      In other news, there is a new poll


      And in extremely recent news

      Rico's father apparently had history in Solis

        Loading editor
    • What's your guys' favorite part about JC4 from what we can see?

      I can't decide on the natural disasters or the fact that there are 4 regions and 2 to 4 sub regions in each of them, or the frontline system. Can't wait to start exploring in that game.

        Loading editor
    • Brufo wrote:
      What's your guys' favorite part about JC4 from what we can see?

      I can't decide on the natural disasters or the fact that there are 4 regions and 2 to 4 sub regions in each of them, or the frontline system. Can't wait to start exploring in that game.

      Judging from what i saw on the the nerd cubed live stream just now.    

      WE.HAVE.RALLY.CARS.NOW.   



      that is my favorite bit followed by the muscle car and the balloons you can stick to anything abd the lmg with the shield you can hide behind,

        Loading editor
    • oh and the new jets love the new jets. 

        Loading editor
    • Karter421 wrote:
      oh and the new jets love the new jets. 

      New jets look hella cool. One thing I dislike though is the uber-futuristic theme. The drone launching guns, the armor on some of the Black Hand dudes. It's very cool and will be amazing to play with, but on an aesthetical side I have never been a fan of this stuff. 

      Also, the jungle reminds me of Arma 3 APEX. Thought I should mention that...

        Loading editor
    • YEEEEEEAH

      Nerd³ Plays..

      Nerd³ Plays... Just Cause 4 - WORLD EXCLUSIVE GAMEPLAY

        Loading editor
    • Reminds me a lot of Just Cause 2, which was very close to the pinnacle of the Just Cause experience. Just Cause1 and 3 had some very blatant quality control issues, JC2 did not. If it is properly optimized for console and they actually use enough of the map, this could be the best Just Cause game ever. I also hope they expand on destructible environments, when I drop a nuke on a base I expect a little more than scorch marks. You don't even have to be able to destroy the whole building, just blowing big chunks off would satisfy me. Maybe copy Battlefield's levolution system. Aside from that, building a massive open world is difficult, but it is the nuanced little things that count. The reason why GTA V is so popular as an open world is because the meticulous detail. Little things like NPC dialogue, where bullet casings land, and just little things in the environment add to the immersion. When you beat Just Cause 3 and *spoiler alert (kill Di Ravello) nothing changes all that much. It feels like it never happened, David Tenant says something on the radio, but NPC's still talk like the regime is in power, you never hear from Rosa Manuela or Mario Frigo again, even government boats and cars are still occasionally seen patrolling the country. At least add noticeable payoff in the form of in game details.

        Loading editor
    • Guys Youtube has a lot of coverage on E3 these days

      Sometimes y'all could be better off watching on that

        Loading editor
    • This just in. Di Ravello, Kim Kong Un, and Adolf Hitler confirmed for Smash Ultimate

        Loading editor
    • Stupid autocorrect 

        Loading editor
    • *Jong

      ...wow I guess this is the first time a Just Cause 3 character has made it into another game

      Edit: Any Just Cause character

        Loading editor
    • Sources.

        Loading editor
    • Emperor Gumball wrote:
      This just in. Di Ravello, Kim Kong Un, and Adolf Hitler confirmed for Smash Ultimate

      What is your source for this?

        Loading editor
    • ^^^^

        Loading editor
    • Guys it was an obvious joke

        Loading editor
    • Sarcasm can be hard to detect online.

        Loading editor
    • ScreenshotCapture 2018 06 14 02 13 56 034 1
      oR iS iT?
        Loading editor
    • Wow that's small

        Loading editor
    • ScreenshotCapture 2018 06 14 02 13 56 034 1

      Ahem, oR iS iT

        Loading editor
    • Imagine the controversy if Hitler were to be in the game?

        Loading editor
    • Well since that was an apparent joke

      {{doorslam}}

        Loading editor
    • Pure Competizione wrote:
      Imagine the controversy if Hitler were to be in the game?

      I mean if you think about it, Sniper Elite has had Hitler in it for a while now.

        Loading editor
    • Sniper elite is a war based game though

        Loading editor
    • Jacksepticeye was playing JC4 today. It looks great for Pre-Alpha build. 

        Loading editor
    • Also Just Cause 4 better have a replacement for the Mile High Club. They should create some story about how Eden Airship was converted into Mile High Club 2.0. 

        Loading editor
    • As far as the trailers and interviews have gone

      I doubt the eDEN Airship or even Bavarium will return in Just Cause 4

      As far as a flying airship will go, maybe there will be some kind of extremely high settlement or something, but the chances of the eDEN Airship becoming Mile High Club 2.0 is... to say the least

      Unthought of by Avalanche

        Loading editor
    • Emperor Gumball wrote:
      Also Just Cause 4 better have a replacement for the Mile High Club. They should create some story about how Eden Airship was converted into Mile High Club 2.0. 

      The eDEN Airship was a DLC though, not neccessarily a main part of the story nor did anybody have access to play it, so it would be unusual to add it into the full game of Just Cause 4. But a new Mile High Club would be amazing though.

        Loading editor
    • *necessarily

        Loading editor
    • I'm sure there will be something like it.

        Loading editor
    • The eDEN corporation might appear in JC4, I mean eDEN did experiment with weather and lightning, maybe the Black Hand used one of their inventions. The eDEN Corporation clearly was founded somewhere in the Americas and the Black Hand support them as seen from JC3.

        Loading editor
    • I think you weren't paying much attention to the story of the Downloadable content for Just Cause 3. The eDEN Corporation was founded in the 1980s and all their members were killed in about 1992. The Black Hand later just conquered Insula Lacrima and stole their technology. And they worked on the eDEN Airship because the Eden (A.I.) was probably paying them for some services.

      See also: Timeline of the Just Cause universe.

        Loading editor
    • Thanks but since this game takes place after JC3, I think the Black Hand used that technology and expanded on it, creating maybe the tornado.

        Loading editor
    • The Black Hand were actually on their payroll sometime in the 2010s but that doesn't necessarily mean they support them

      Again yeah

      That link is useful to clarify some stuff

        Loading editor
    • We need a Just Cause spinoff game in Star Wars

        Loading editor
    • ...why

        Loading editor
    • It would be cool. Rico grapples onto a Star Destroyer and nukes it from the inside. Rico throws a grenade into the exhaust port of the Death Star. Rico battles Darth Vader.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah

      Mm

      About that

      I don't think a open world sandbox game franchise would fix well with sci-fi

        Loading editor
    • It could work if it was like... an established sci-fi open world sandbox game. I don't think having a Just Cause and Star Wars cross over game would work, really.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah exactly

        Loading editor
    • "Explosions is cool": Obi Wan Kenobi

        Loading editor
    • Reactivated 10 days later

      ...how is that relevant

        Loading editor
    • Any word on the JC4 map yet

        Loading editor
    • See the bottom of the gallery at Solís and Maps. There's a small low-resolution map that we believe might be a part of Solís. It's a screenshot from a developer interview video that had JC4 artworks in the background.

        Loading editor
    • I do hope it's an island nation.

        Loading editor
    • It always is for an open world game.

      If it was a nation on the coast of Africa, I suppose they could make one edge of the map an empty desert that just loads an infinite desert instead of an ocean.

      And similarly in south America, they could probably figure out how to load an infinite jungle with random hills.

        Loading editor
    • Well many open world games are set in bordered nations, such as games in the Far Cry and Forza Horizon series, but I honestly think that an island works best for many reasons.

        Loading editor
    • Reactivated 13 days later

      An island has been the setting for the last three games 

      If this one is not, then it'll be unprecedented

        Loading editor
    • It would be kinda weird if the setting for this game isn't an island like all the others to be honest...

        Loading editor
    • How would it be weird

      Games can have settings set anywhere

        Loading editor
    • It would be unusual for an open world game to have some type of an edge of the map like that. Older games used to put an invisible wall in the way, but in modern times the coast normally goes all the way around so the whole map would look good and so that the player would never be restricted.

      As I explained above, it should be possible to just load infinite generic forested land instead of ocean, but...

      It just seems very unusual for a Just Cause.

        Loading editor
    • Either that or it could have the barrier like JC3 did.

        Loading editor
    • Time will tell

        Loading editor
    • Fake map of Solis
        Loading editor
    • The suppossed Just Cause 4 map that was "leaked".

        Loading editor
    • I doubt this is the real map due to the lack of roadway and scarcity of apparent cities but if it is, would be satisfied with the landmass itself. The bottom right is obviously a high desert like the Atacama desert in real life or even like the desert from JC2, the bottom left is clearly a jungle/swamp region, as evidenced by the many rivers and lakes. The northern parts are mountains, forests, and badlands.

        Loading editor
    • We even put it on the Solís article a couple of days ago, when that map appeared, but by the next day someone showed us where it's from. It's a fake. Then we removed it.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah it's fake

        Loading editor
    • where's it from

        Loading editor
    • The earliest mention of it that I've seen was when it was posted to some reddit page.

        Loading editor
    • Debunked like hours later

        Loading editor
    • The way this thread started reminds me how back in 2015 i had found an early map of Medici and the admins were asking me where i found it and questioning how legitimate it is.



      Also i found an absurdly large version of that map on the JC subreddit on this post and the OP was clearly saying that it's authentic sarcastically since you can see on the right hand side a sentence saying that it's based on gameplay footage and made using satellite imagery of real locations.

        Loading editor
    • Well it's fake now

      And until then I suggest dropping the map discussion here before more trolls/vandals make another "authentic" map

        Loading editor
    • First of all the person who made that map clearly never said it's realy to be a troll and second almost no troll is that dedicated to spend hours making a game map that actually looks legitimate.

        Loading editor
    • Have you seen some of the fan made fake GTA maps that came out before GTA IV and V? Some of them are better looking than the actual in-game maps.

        Loading editor
    • *anonymous03921 has left the game*

        Loading editor
    • Well it's great quality for something fan made, kudos to the creator for all the effort put in.

        Loading editor
    • The game will take place in South America, will include natural disasters and will be released in November. FYI.

        Loading editor
    • I thought it was being release december

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, it should be december 4. Or december 3 for some who preorder.

        Loading editor
    • Yes

        Loading editor
    • It is impressive for a fan made map, except for the roads.

        Loading editor
    • Have you seen the fan-made GTA maps

      They look almost like the real thing

        Loading editor
    • There is an entire thread on the GTA forum for them and a lot of them (e.g these  two ) look better than the official maps and are also far bigger.

      And of course it's not like you can't make a large game world and the Just Cause series is proof of that the only problem would be all the space the game would require for all the assets if you are going for a level of detail like what GTA V had.

        Loading editor
    • ...and yet GTA says Just Cause is "inferior" (the other way around really)

        Loading editor
    • When did anyone from Rockstar say that ?

        Loading editor
    • The fans

        Loading editor
    • The problem with these fan made maps is that they are not thinking about the game from a "game designers" perspective. For instance, the first GTA map cited above, there are far too many roads on Long Island, or whatever the GTA equivalent of Long Island is called. The blocks are too large, and using that many assets would just slow the game down and force development time away from making the world dense and detailed. For example, the Crew map is massive, and takes place across the continental United States, yet people says it feels dead and lifeless, same for the Crew 2. You sacrifice polish and density for a massive map. Not to mention big maps are very bad for console, I mean seriously, JC3 plays terrible on my Xbox One S, the framerate is atrocious, and I swear the draw distance is getting worse.

        Loading editor
    • Chances are your specs are not good enough to play it "well"

        Loading editor
    • Long story short: The bigger the map is the less detailed and more generic it has to be. It's not easy to find the right balance.

      Framerate and draw distance have nothing to do with the map size. Those are just general programing. If anything, with a bigger map, the game should run a lot smoother, because the map is less detailed and therefor the console (or computer) has to do less loading when loading just an empty field, or hill, in comparison to loading densely filled city streets.

        Loading editor
    • Are you telling me Avalanche Studios just released a poorly optimized game?

        Loading editor
    • @Emperor Gumball First of all i did say making a much bigger map for GTA would take a lot more storage space and development time and second i did think that one of the reasons Rockstar hasn't made a GTA map that's much bigger is because consoles cannot keep up with PCs in storage space at all.



      For example a 3000 GB HDD costs only 68 euros while the cheapest current gen console with the most space only has 1 TB of storage and costs 235 euros.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly I would rather have smaller, more dense and alive world than a massive world with nothing to do. A console is nothing but a PC made specifically for gaming. Consoles are average at what they do most of the time. They are just seen as cheaper and a better investment than a $500 PC with top notch hardware. Sure you dont need a new graphics card (which have skyrocketed in price thanks to Bit Coin mining) or a great CPU, ect, but its much more satisfying for people to know they are playing with one of the best or close to the best experiences possible. From what I have seen, the new Xbox One X is an impressive console, so is the PS4 Pro, but not impressive enough to fulfill the massive map vision properly, with an intricate and detailed world. So game developers make the game at an average quality threshold, so it can be run unliterally, and even people with a potato PC can get some enjoyment out of it. My point is technical limitations are the reason the envelope hasn't been pushed too far since the 90's for open world games, and what they could really be. The customers demands for better graphics doesn't help either, because the better textures, lighting, fractals and what not tax the hardware too far. People love GTA San Andreas for its depth, but its world is actually pretty small, because it was made with the technical limitations of the day, imagine making a game like San Andreas but with a massive map, and an intricate world, which should be more than possible, because the technology is older and easier to run and render. It is possible to have a fantastic game with sub par graphics.

        Loading editor
    • "$500 PC with top notch hardware" - What magical world are you living in? A "top notch" CPU alone costs twice that. Add to that the rest of the parts and you'll find that for the last decade (for as long as I've known anything about PCs), a "top notch" computer has always cost in the several thousand range. Now yes, it's true that electronics all cost only half as much in north america as they do in europe, but that still means that my current PC would have cost at least 2000 in the u.s. Right now I'm in the middle of getting a new one and I'm getting a 2015 CPU, so it should be cheap, right? Nope: Already at 950 € and I'm still missing a PSU and all drives. Not to mention the parts I'll be able to reuse, or won't need (screen, case, speakers, keyboard, ?).


      Nah. It's not the hardware limits that limit map size. The only limit is the cost of development. It takes a lot of time and work to create a large map, just like it takes a lot to create a detailed map. So as long as the amount of available money, time and workforce are constants, it's obvious that a map can not be both detailed and large. Those are at the opposite ends of the scale and the developers have to make a choice.

      Just look at GTA IV. It makes no difference to game performance if the map would be 50 by 50 km, because it's not all entirely loaded at maximum detail. This is why games have Level of detail and draw distance. Most of the map is always stored on the hard drive. What instead does make a difference is the amount of stuff that does need to be loaded. For a game like GTA IV, there's an enormous amount of details in thee environment and the environment is densely packed full of streets, each with maximum detail. This is where the video card and CPU come in. GTA IV has a much smaller map than Just Cause 2, but those games are at the opposite ends of the scale. GTA V is decently sized while at the same time being detailed, but that's where R* spent literally a billion dollars.

      "Are you telling me Avalanche Studios just released a poorly optimized game?" - This is not something that is easily done. All hardware should run just fine and just the same, but really all hardware configurations and driver options are different. This is why a game may seem to run well on some computers, but not so well on others that seem equivalent. And other times, it's just developers cutting corners. Again see GTA IV for an example: The last, most western island is extremely poorly programmed. In all other areas every neighbourhood is (programming-wise) broken up into smaller areas, but the entire last island is a single massive lump. Also, did you know that Just Cause 3 used to run at 10 frames per second with frequent drops to 0 on some PCs when it was new, but the patches improved that to a constant smooth 40 on the same PCs?

        Loading editor
    • @Anon about GTA apparently being better:

      GTA V vs

      GTA V vs. Just Cause 3

        Loading editor
    • They might as well have put up a sign saying "Shoot Here"

        Loading editor
    • Its not about map size per se, but when most people think of a large map they expect it to be filled with stuff, even if it is the same 8 tree models copy and pasted 5000 times. You could have a blank piece of geometry that goes out for literally thousands of miles, its the textures, lighting, terrain, and models which limit the map's extent as well as development time and costs. Just ask Ubisoft how they saved thousands hours of development time by using the same map from the Crew for the Crew 2 with minimal adjustments. 

      Also what do you mean "Just Cause 3 used to run at 10 frames per second" they may have fixed that issue on PC, but on the XBox One and even the One S battles look like they are taking place in slow motion, or even as slow as slideshow speed. I don't know who to blame either, because this seems to be an issue only on XBox, PlayStation supposedly doesn't have such massive frame rate drops.

        Loading editor
    • *thousands of hours

        Loading editor
    • What

        Loading editor
    • He fixed your spelling.

      And I wouldn't know about the consoles. I play on PC.

        Loading editor
    • Rest assured, console frame rate is awful.

        Loading editor
    • Hello User:Emperor Gumball You’re wrong. I play on Xbox and it is very smooth. If you are talking from your own experience, then get a better Xbox

      Regards, Pingu21

        Loading editor
    • Hmh. And I would have thought that they're all the same. I mean making them all the same is the reason why consoles exist. So that all games would be guaranteed to run.

        Loading editor
    • Hmm

      And I thought consoles were no different from PC

        Loading editor
    • I have an Xbox One S, don't tell me its defective. Its either the game or the console, and I am not dishing out the money for a One X so Just Cause 3 can run with a clean frame rate.

        Loading editor
    • I feel like this thread is getting a little off topic. So, somebody tell me about the Apex engine being used for JC4 and how it is different from the last one. Or just send me a link with the explanation.

        Loading editor
    • Well... we have a Game Engine article and if that doesn't explain enough (feel free to edit if you know more), see the videos at the bottom of the page. They don't really say much, just that the Apex engine has special weather features that no other engine does. And I guess it also comes with the explosion and physics that we already know from JC3.

        Loading editor
    • All the threads inevitably go off topic

      So long as the topic on hand is still being addressed

        Loading editor
    • They are really pushing these new weather effects. I hope its not a dissapointment

        Loading editor
    • Oh they won't

        Loading editor
    • In my opinion Just Cause has always needed more deserts. There better be a sizeable desert.

        Loading editor
    • ...Lautan Lama Desert

      *There better

        Loading editor
    • anybody seen the map on twitter today? of solis?

        Loading editor
    • Already uploaded here on Maps and Solis.

        Loading editor
    • The deserts look very nice

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • Actually I turned it into a picture file at max zoom and uploaded it here maybe 20 to 30 minutes after they published it.
      JC4 map of Solis
        Loading editor
    • The map looks very diverse

        Loading editor
    • Also i found a higher quality version of it on this reddit thread that was made by sticking together its pieces and replaced that screenshot with it but for some reason the thumbnail of the image doesn't appear.

        Loading editor
    • Solis full map

      Here

        Loading editor
    • Fixed it correctly.

      Also, their map was the exact same resolution and had been also made as a screenshot. They had just found a way to get rid of the overlay markings.

        Loading editor
    • Solis full map

      WTF

        Loading editor
    • What ? It's the exact same map as the one on the site.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah... about that

        Loading editor
    • This is the image i posted and this is the image GMRE posted .



      What's the difference besides the filename ?

        Loading editor
    • Oh 

      Hmm

      I must've confused it with the one with the white labels

        Loading editor
    • He he he. :D

        Loading editor
    • And you have broken the 200th post marker for this

      There are 300 more posts to go before this thread automatically closes

        Loading editor
    • There's so much land, unlike Medici.

        Loading editor
    • Hmm yeah

        Loading editor
    • So Avalanche/square enix have spent a lot of money on commercials and merketing do you think it will pay off?

        Loading editor
      • marketing
        Loading editor
    • The only marketing i've seen is those gameplay videos made by big youtubers who were given a pre release version of the game..



      Then again i've never turned off my adblocker in years so there could be JC4 ads all over the internet and i haven't even noticed.

        Loading editor
    • They also have that facebook page and the square enix / JC page where we got thee map.

      So unless there's stuff I don't know about, the marketing effort is smaller than it was for JC3. And it's costing them next to nothing.

        Loading editor
    • Did you guys like the trailer song? I liked the one for JC3 better.

        Loading editor
    • no i think the trailer song for just cause 3 was much better

        Loading editor
    • i like it but kasabian fire is awesome song and suits jc3 to the ground

        Loading editor
    • So do we actually have any details on the storyline yet? Most of the advertising has been about tornados.

        Loading editor
    • No i wouldn't expect any details story wise until november at the earliest.

        Loading editor
    • I mean they are really pushing this tornado thing.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah i do not like how much they just push the tornados specifically instead of the disasters in general.

        Loading editor
    • Tornadoes

      Well

      They can happen anywhere

      Snowstorms or sandstorms don't happen in a forest environment

        Loading editor
    • i think theyre saying so much about ornadoes because the story will revolve around them

        Loading editor
    • *I *they're *tornadoes

      ...that is one possibility

      Though in one of the earlier videos the developers said something like "Rico as a force of nature... and what do you use to fight a force of nature? Another force of nature"

        Loading editor
    • In a recent JC4 promo video a spokeswoman implied Solís had a government, which confuses me because I thought it was u see Black Hand control, unless the Black Hand are the government.

        Loading editor
    • Which exact video was that? Can you provide the link?

      And if the Black Hand rule everything, then yes, they are the government.

        Loading editor
    • gmre
      Just Cause 4 The Black Hand ESRB-3
      here is the video:
        Loading editor
    • All the info so far regarding the black hand in JC4.

        Loading editor
    • I'm pretty sure that's an image that you posted.

        Loading editor
    • yeah i think you're right but heres a vid with the desert bit and new vehicles:   



      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjDVzWtoMfM

        Loading editor
    • Yup. Seen those. Already updated the intel at Vehicles in Just Cause 4 and made a new page for Artillery yesterday.

        Loading editor
    • Even the verdeleon cinco the tesla like car?  and the stria infimo one?

        Loading editor
    • Does anyone find it weird that they went with the Black Hand as the focus of the story? What has the Black Hand actually been besides a pesky faceless mercenary group? I guess this is supposed to give them some character. I hope they develop the EDEN storyline and the Sheldon storyline. I haven't seen any references of either in the promotional material.

        Loading editor
    • I think eDEN could either be a part of the main of the main story or DLC's but if it is in the main story I don't think it will play a huge part.



      But personally I would like to see the eDEN corporation in JC4.

        Loading editor
    • CakeXpress wrote:
      I think eDEN could either be a part of the main of the main story or DLC's but if it is in the main story I don't think it will play a huge part.


      But personally I would like to see the eDEN corporation in JC4.

      I reckon they will get a few mentions but yeah not a major part since callaghan is dead and the AI is shut down. maybe a crashed eDEN airship easter egg? After all the Black hand have nicked virtually all the inventions gadgets.Bar their vehicles everything else has been developed by eDEN prior to them getting their hands on it.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think anything of eDEN will return. And I don't know about Sheldon either. If he's going to return, he'll likely only be seen a couple of times to say hi.

        Loading editor
    • in the nercubed video sheldon seemed to be an important character in a misson

        Loading editor
    • Hmm... I don't think Rico would just rejoin the Agency, so I have no idea why they'd be co-operating as much.

        Loading editor
    • he will probably appear in a few missions but not a lot like in just cause 3

        Loading editor
    • That could be a possibility.

        Loading editor
    • I've not commented on this for some time' the desert biome is what I imagined Karthstan would look like except flatter. When I buy this game, I will drive around the desert and pretend it's Karthstan. Hell, even Sandstorms appear

        Loading editor
    • @GMRE

      It could be The Agency dispatching Sheldon again and just "picking up" Rico along the way

      @Everyone else

      The chances of Sheldon appearing are very low, if he even does

      By the time of Just Cause 4, he will be 69 years old

        Loading editor
    • Just Cause 4 better end with American marines landing on the beaches and Sheldon coming down from a helicopter to greet Rico while smoking a cigar. "Thanks for clearing out the Black HAnd, now we can make up for all that lost Panuan OIL"

        Loading editor
    • Emperor Gumball wrote: Just Cause 4 better end with American marines landing on the beaches and Sheldon coming down from a helicopter to greet Rico while smoking a cigar. "Thanks for clearing out the Black HAnd, now we can make up for all that lost Panuan OIL"

      U.S Army wants to know your location.

        Loading editor
    • No but seriously tho. Does anybody have theories on Quya. Is that the new capital now?

        Loading editor
    • Emperor Gumball wrote:
      Just Cause 4 better end with American marines landing on the beaches and Sheldon coming down from a helicopter to greet Rico while smoking a cigar. "Thanks for clearing out the Black HAnd, now we can make up for all that lost Panuan OIL"

      please no. just no. I want rico v sheldon and rico going "solis belongs to the people now!" 

        Loading editor
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HLojBei2xM new video with names of new vehicles and planes. list needs updating.

        Loading editor
    • I'll get to analizing it in about an hour.

        Loading editor
    • EmperorGunball wrote: -snip-

      Not likely to happen

        Loading editor
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      15:04, September 21, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      15:04, September 21, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      15:04, September 21, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      15:05, September 21, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      05:22, September 25, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      05:22, September 25, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      05:22, September 25, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      05:23, September 25, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Get back on topic.

        Loading editor
    • I think I reserve the right to talk about whatever I want, not that I wouldn't talk about Just Cause on a Just Cause thread.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah well 

      As GMRE stated

      You crossed a line into forbidden speech

      And as such I had to remove those replies because they were against the rules

        Loading editor
    • Where are the rules anyways? I couldn't find them posted.

        Loading editor
    • [COMMENT REDACTED BY THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT]

      Anyways, I have had an epiphany after watching the latest JC4 video posted on their official channel. The Black Hand are innocent. I mean think about it, what has the Black Hand actually done but be caught in unfortunate situations over the years, working to maintain peace for unstable governments? Their mercenaries have families, wives, children, and they need to be paid somehow. They are just doing their jobs, yet Rico mercilessly mows them down without discretion, and then goes to their homeland to destroy their organization for no good reason. Why is RICO in Solis? He isn't even there on the behalf of the United States government. Solis is probably better off under the Black Hand, an organization that promotes free market economics, than some US puppet or wannabe Assad or Stalin. Rico will just cause unnecessary suffering to Solis.

            #BringRicoHome #FreeSolis
      
        Loading editor
    • "The Black Hand are innocent"

      ...do you have any solid evidence to support that

        Loading editor
    • and why does rico do it anyway? JUST CAUSE

        Loading editor
    • This was not an hour ago

        Loading editor
    • Emperor Gumball English Period 3 9/26/2018

      Why the Black Hand are Innocent

      What if I told you, the faceless mercenary group 'The Black Hand' was underserving of their title as brutes and money hungry animals? The Black Hand is innocent of their supposed crimes. The Black Hand is a mercenary group based out of the impoverished South American nation of Solis. They have been present in the collapse of the Esperitian governmemt which saw the peaceful nation of San Esperito fall into turmoil and civil strife, as well the collapse of the Medician government which saw the rise of a NATO puppet installed by violent revolutionaries. The Black Hand has done nothing but maintain the peace in these unstable nations, as well, the Black Hand has done nothing but improved the countries of San Esperito and Medici as a whole, the Black Hand are innocent.


      The Black Hand helped preserve the peace and save many civilian lives. When the San Esperitian military was absent, the Black Hand was there to fill the void in the many crime ridden towns of San Esperito. Acting as essentially a para-police force, the Black Hand selflessly protected the many impoverished citizens from the cartels and violent revolutionaries. Their presence was much needed in this void of violence and destruction. The Black Hand were also present in Medici, a nation rocked by civil war, military coups, and a violent rebel criminal syndicate. The Black Hand were contracted by the nations struggling leader, Sebastiano Di Ravello, who was trying to preserve his nation from the flames of war and violent discontent. The Black Hand patrolled the skies, water, and land, and there is absolutely no documented evidence of any such abuse of civilians committed by teh Black Hand. The Black Hand were merely doing their job in protecting this crumbling nation. There are claims that the Black Hand incarcerated many civilians on Insula Lacrima, and held them in prison camps. Further investigation into the matter proved that the Black Hand had incarcerated political criminals, convicted of fomenting dissent and violence in the already crumbling nation. As well, investigation into the prison camps, proved the prisoners were treated humanely, they were given reasonably sized cells, latrines, and a mess hall to eat. There is no evidence of mass extermination or genocide, these camps were well within U.N. guidelines. But do you know what they did find? Black Hand soldiers ripped to shreds, their bodies maimed, and sometimes buried under kilograms of debris. The Black Hand have not, nor have they ever brutalized the civilian population of either San Esperito, or Medici.

      The Black Hand has done more than just protect impoverished nations, they have helped them in other great ways. For one, the Black Hand in San Esperito heavily boosted its economy. Black Hand vehicles could be seen everywhere, these vehicles were serviced by local mechanics, and fueled up by San Esperitian oil company EL. Black Hand troops were also supporting local businesses, bars, hotels, and restaurants. In Medici, perhaps the greatest example of the Black Hand's benevolence can be seen. The EDEN Airship had contracted the Black Hand to protect it, it was about ready to unearth a massive amount of Bavarium ore, a wonder element with the power to solve many of the worlds problems and advance science even further. But the Airships' extractor mechanism was destroyed by a rebel before it could fulfill its mission. The current Medician government will never allow the Bavarium to be harvested, due to their selfishness and short sightedness.


      In conclusion, the Black Hand is a great organization that is constantly slandered by the likes of US installed puppet regimes. The Black hand truly partakes in a Just Cause.

        Loading editor
    • Emperor Gumball wrote:
      Emperor Gumball

      English Period 3 9/26/2018

      Why the Black Hand are Innocent

      What if I told you, the faceless mercenary group 'The Black Hand' was underserving of their title as brutes and money hungry animals? The Black Hand is innocent of their supposed crimes. The Black Hand is a mercenary group based out of the impoverished South American nation of Solis. They have been present in the collapse of the Esperitian governmemt which saw the peaceful nation of San Esperito fall into turmoil and civil strife, as well the collapse of the Medician government which saw the rise of a NATO puppet installed by violent revolutionaries. The Black Hand has done nothing but maintain the peace in these unstable nations, as well, the Black Hand has done nothing but improved the countries of San Esperito and Medici as a whole, the Black Hand are innocent.


      The Black Hand helped preserve the peace and save many civilian lives. When the San Esperitian military was absent, the Black Hand was there to fill the void in the many crime ridden towns of San Esperito. Acting as essentially a para-police force, the Black Hand selflessly protected the many impoverished citizens from the cartels and violent revolutionaries. Their presence was much needed in this void of violence and destruction. The Black Hand were also present in Medici, a nation rocked by civil war, military coups, and a violent rebel criminal syndicate. The Black Hand were contracted by the nations struggling leader, Sebastiano Di Ravello, who was trying to preserve his nation from the flames of war and violent discontent. The Black Hand patrolled the skies, water, and land, and there is absolutely no documented evidence of any such abuse of civilians committed by teh Black Hand. The Black Hand were merely doing their job in protecting this crumbling nation. There are claims that the Black Hand incarcerated many civilians on Insula Lacrima, and held them in prison camps. Further investigation into the matter proved that the Black Hand had incarcerated political criminals, convicted of fomenting dissent and violence in the already crumbling nation. As well, investigation into the prison camps, proved the prisoners were treated humanely, they were given reasonably sized cells, latrines, and a mess hall to eat. There is no evidence of mass extermination or genocide, these camps were well within U.N. guidelines. But do you know what they did find? Black Hand soldiers ripped to shreds, their bodies maimed, and sometimes buried under kilograms of debris. The Black Hand have not, nor have they ever brutalized the civilian population of either San Esperito, or Medici.

      The Black Hand has done more than just protect impoverished nations, they have helped them in other great ways. For one, the Black Hand in San Esperito heavily boosted its economy. Black Hand vehicles could be seen everywhere, these vehicles were serviced by local mechanics, and fueled up by San Esperitian oil company EL. Black Hand troops were also supporting local businesses, bars, hotels, and restaurants. In Medici, perhaps the greatest example of the Black Hand's benevolence can be seen. The EDEN Airship had contracted the Black Hand to protect it, it was about ready to unearth a massive amount of Bavarium ore, a wonder element with the power to solve many of the worlds problems and advance science even further. But the Airships' extractor mechanism was destroyed by a rebel before it could fulfill its mission. The current Medician government will never allow the Bavarium to be harvested, due to their selfishness and short sightedness.


      In conclusion, the Black Hand is a great organization that is constantly slandered by the likes of US installed puppet regimes. The Black hand truly partakes in a Just Cause.

      im not reading this

        Loading editor
    • I spent like 30 minutes writing this you better read it.

        Loading editor
    • How do you know that the prisoners of Lacrima were political criminals?

        Loading editor
    • Emperor Gunball wrote: (609 word essay)

      First of all

      *undeserving *government *nation's *the *airship's

      Second

      In San Esperito, if one gets far enough in the storyline, it is possible to see in gameplay Black Hand soldiers shooting at civilians in cities and towns because of how unstable San Esperito had gotten. How exactly is that "maintaining the peace?" Also, there is no evidence a NATO puppet took office after Sebastiano Di Ravello was ousted. That's speculation on your part. Rosa Manuela LIKELY became President of Medici after Di Ravello, but there is no evidence to support her bringing Medici to NATO

      Third

      The Black Hand are were incarcerating political enemies OF DI RAVELLO on Insula Lacrima. Those "political enemies" are often interpreted as GOOD PEOPLE to many who played Mech Land Assault, and as such, your viewpoint is in almost every way wrong. However, it is your opinion, and you are entitled to it

      In conclusion, I disagree with your essay in every way due to historical background and speculation in some areas

        Loading editor
    • Emperor Gumball wrote:
      [COMMENT REDACTED BY THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT]

      Anyways, I have had an epiphany after watching the latest JC4 video posted on their official channel. The Black Hand are innocent. I mean think about it, what has the Black Hand actually done but be caught in unfortunate situations over the years, working to maintain peace for unstable governments? Their mercenaries have families, wives, children, and they need to be paid somehow. They are just doing their jobs, yet Rico mercilessly mows them down without discretion, and then goes to their homeland to destroy their organization for no good reason. Why is RICO in Solis? He isn't even there on the behalf of the United States government. Solis is probably better off under the Black Hand, an organization that promotes free market economics, than some US puppet or wannabe Assad or Stalin. Rico will just cause unnecessary suffering to Solis.

            #BringRicoHome #FreeSolis
      

      'Why is RICO in Solis?' As far as I remember it was something to do with his father.

        Loading editor
    • On Steam it is implied that [Rico's] father had some bad history on Solís so Rico may be returning to "clean up" that bad history

      Or more likely, to wipe out the Black Hand as the most evil powerful private army on Earth

        Loading editor
    • deactivated 6 hours later

      JC4 has been released

        Loading editor
    • My essay was actually an exercise on how a limited view point can be used to obscure reality. Obviously I do not support the Black Hand, but I thought it would be fun to play devils advocate. Someone who was more ignorant on the subject would have probably been pretty well convinced the Black Hand is not all that bad.

      I can use a rebuttal to do the same thing too:

      "In San Esperito, if one gets far enough in the storyline, it is possible to see in gameplay Black Hand soldiers shooting at civilians in cities and towns because of how unstable San Esperito had gotten. How exactly is that "maintaining the peace?" Well Mr. Critic, these civilians could have been preparing to commit a terrorist attack, we do not know the specifics, but it certainly does not seem in the Black Hand's interests to mow down innocents as they would be wasting resources and generating mal will among the already shaken populace, leading to more resistance. It is not a logically sound action.

      "Also, there is no evidence a NATO puppet took office after Sebastiano Di Ravello was ousted. That's speculation on your part. Rosa Manuela LIKELY became President of Medici after Di Ravello, but there is no evidence to support her bringing Medici to NATO"
      

      Well Mr. Critic, by all measure, no one would have filled that power vacuum better than the woman who was broadcasting propaganda personally to the people of Medici, and already talking like a it's leader even before Sebastiano died. As for NATO, well she did not have to bring Medici to NATO at all, rather simply be a puppet of western powers, something that has historically happened in countries (with varying success) such as Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, and almost Cuba on multiple occasions. It was presumptuous, but a fair inference to make given the evidence.

      "The Black Hand are were incarcerating political enemies OF DI RAVELLO on Insula Lacrima. Those "political enemies" are often interpreted as GOOD PEOPLE to many who played Mech Land Assault, and as such, your viewpoint is in almost every way wrong. However, it is your opinion, and you are entitled to it" Di Ravello is the nations leader, the are prisoners of Medici, not Di Ravello personally. Di Ravello is head of the Medician state, but not an entity that is the state. Besides, who cares if people THOUGHT they were good people. Perception differs from reality many times. The nation is at war with it's self, they can be presumed to be terrorists and criminals.

        Loading editor
    • Spelling/grammar:

      *devil's advocate *attack. We *talking like its *nation's leader, and they *its self, and they

      Second rebuttal:

      If "these civilians could have been preparing for a terrorist attack", I'm sure Avalanche could've incorporated some kind of "Rebel Attack" feature into Just Cause (1) that could've temporarily made all civilians hostile to the military/Black Hand. Such a feature is never found in game.

      WHO KNOWS who took office after Di Ravello died? NO ONE. Rosa was the next apparent leader of Medici, but who knows? Maybe after Di Ravello died, she decided to have free elections and maybe she was defeated. It all becomes speculation after Di Ravello commits suicide/gets shot.

      Cuba 1961. Afghanistan 2001. Iraq 2003. Libya 2011. See a pattern here? They don't work. In fact if anything it just makes more enemies for the U.S. for Russia to use in a future Russian-American War of 20##.

      Di Ravello was the DE FACTO head of the Medician state. There is a HUGE difference between de facto and de jure. If these "political prisoners" are "presumed" to be terrorists and criminals, then WHAT THE **** IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND REAL TERRORISTS

      In conclusion from my end, you're defending a organization who has done nothing but police two nations with horrible results on their end.

        Loading editor
    • doubt it.

        Loading editor
    • "Doubt it"

      ...how

        Loading editor
    • Everyone does it

        Loading editor
    • So what's your point then

        Loading editor
    • "Accidentally posted" I haaer that all the time.

        Loading editor
    • *hear

      ...oh really

        Loading editor
    • 32 reasons
      32 reasons removed this reply because:
      15:57, September 28, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • 32 reasons
      32 reasons removed this reply because:
      16:47, September 28, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • If it was accidentally posted, why Walmart make that mistake to begin with?

        Loading editor
    • It could have been a mistake by some less informed person who's unaware that a lot of marketing money and company stock values dependent on rumors of game release times in the videogame business, but it could have been a purposely made "mistake" as a part of a "viral marketing campaign", because they would have known that rumors spread fast over social media.

        Loading editor
    • GMRE wrote:
      It could have been a mistake by some less informed person who's unaware that a lot of marketing money and company stock values dependent on rumors of game release times in the videogame business, but it could have been a purposely made "mistake" as a part of a "viral marketing campaign", because they would have known that rumors spread fast over social media.

      idk, feels like one ofe those "You're doing this for attention" stunts.

        Loading editor
    • *of

      ...not likely

        Loading editor
    • It could be. A couple of weeks before JC3 was announced, there was an apparent leak that revealed several screenshots with different HUDs that showed microtransactions. This made big news and got fans pissed off. Then they announced the game and said that they had at one point considered microtransactions, but had reconsidered.

      I'm pretty sure they did that to make news just before the game announcement. News are free advertising.

        Loading editor
    • That same thing happened with Fifa Corruption.

        Loading editor
    • Anyway, accidental or leaked, these things happen all the time.

        Loading editor
    • *corruption in FIFA

        Loading editor
    • It was a twitter account

        Loading editor
    • What was

        Loading editor
    • It was a twitter account.

        Loading editor
    • Things like that screenshot could have been Leaked on purpose for attention.

        Loading editor
    • *leaked

      They could've

      But having such a release so early in May seems odd

        Loading editor
    • Everyone is skeptics

        Loading editor
    • *skeptical

      Not me

        Loading editor
    • Is it weird that I'm playing JC3 at this moment?

        Loading editor
    • No

      But multitasking is impossible

      So focus on one thing

      And leave the other

        Loading editor
    • Everyone Hates facts. My opinion is my own opinion.

        Loading editor
    • *hates

      Not me

      In fact if anything facts are what I base everything off

        Loading editor
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      19:46, September 28, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Highlighting something does not scream skepticism

        Loading editor
    • It notifies everyone about it.

        Loading editor
    • Also, Walmart could have done that for attention.

        Loading editor
    • *could

      So what

      Plenty of wikis have highlighted threads


      Walmart didn't do that for attention

      Not unless there was some ulterior motive

        Loading editor
    • If it was on purpose, Square Enix must have payed them to do it.

        Loading editor
    • GMRE wrote:
      If it was on purpose, Square Enix must have payed them to do it.

      SYep

        Loading editor
    • Next up: Why Di Ravello did Nothing Wrong

        Loading editor
    • Thank god im not the only one that actually understands that you simply cannot be so incompetent that you have so many information leaks especially in such a small amount of time.



      And of course that doesn't just apply to Just Cause it applies to any product and service.

        Loading editor
    • I know this is off topic (and I apologise) but does anybody know when forums will be closed in favour of discussions?

        Loading editor
    • That's impossible to tell. Wikia always does these things unexpectedly and suddenly. I suppose you might have a better idea, if you'd spend a lot of time at the "community central" (support and help) wikia.

        Loading editor
    • Did we discuss a leak or a Kiciuś?

        Loading editor
    • A leak

      A "Kiciuś" is some kind of Polish animal

      ...(sigh) forums are so much more superior to discussions

        Loading editor
    • I really hope we get closure of medici in jc4... so many questions i need answers too.

        Loading editor
    • Medici is probably closed after BSH

        Loading editor
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      20:20, September 29, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      20:20, September 29, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      20:20, September 29, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      20:20, September 29, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      20:20, September 29, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      20:20, September 29, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      20:20, September 29, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      20:19, September 29, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Anonymous230385
      Anonymous230385 removed this reply because:
      20:20, September 29, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • GMRE
      GMRE removed this reply because:
      Admin action.
      20:45, September 29, 2018