| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Vehicle in Just Cause|
|Weapons||Several. See the section below.|
|Rarity||Rare, but not too rare.|
|List of owners||San Esperito Military|
The Triton Broadsider is a boat in Just Cause (1).
There's a small radar antenna above the captains room. It has a crew of three. One stands at the front of the ship to man the Mounted Gun; the other two are in the captain's room. You'll have to kill them the old-fashioned way to gain control of the ship. Be sure to kill the guy on the front of the ship, otherwise the turret will lock onto him and destroy the ship.
It's made by the fictional Triton company.
- 1 Small gun turret near the front, with a single gun. Controlled by the driver.
- 1 Mounted Gun on the front end.
- 2 Large immovable barrels, which look like old-fashioned torpedo launcher tubes. These can not be controlled.
Only the Xbox and PS2 versions can be driven. It's perhaps the slowest vehicle in the game except if player press the button little bit more hard, but it's turning is decent, and it has powerful weaponry.
In the PC version, this boat is a stationary vehicle, meaning that it can't be driven, but it can be pushed by other boats. Entering the bridge enables control of the front mounted cannon turret, but it can not be driven.
- Around Isla San Cristobal.
- Around Isla Dominio.
- Appears very rarely in a river, in front of the Rioja 06 Pirates Cove safehouse. Near the Mendoza International Airport.
- Random spawn, east of Agency 05 Camp Babylon safehouse, south of the Camp del Rosario military base.
- Another rare spawn is found at a small, uninhabited island directly south-east of Isla Dominio.
- Appears rarely at a high Heat level.
- Spawns around Esperito City when the province is Government Stable. More likely to spawn if it is nighttime, but can spawn in the day, and very rarely spawns in the southern half of the city.
- During Devil's Drop Zone, there is one in the water up the beach from two docks as you pass by on the MV.
- Its name is very likely a double or triple meaning. "Broadsider", may be a reference to a "broadside". A side of a ship, or a situation where a military ship deploys all (or most) of the weapons on one of its sides simultaneously (or near simultaneously) to do more damage, faster. Then there is the fact that the side of the Broadsider is very long (or in this context, broad), compared with other vessels in the game, and the ratio of length between its broad side and narrow beam (distance from port to stern) is high.
- Part of its name, "Triton", is probably referencing a mythological Greek God called Triton (link to Wikipedia).
- The Winstons Amen 69 from Just Cause 2 can be seen as the successor to this boat. That boat is smaller, but better armed and controllable for the player.
- The rear deck of the ship is large enough to land some helicopters on, such as the HH-22 Savior or the Delta 5H4 Boxhead.
- When sailing it, Rico or a San Esperito Military captain sits on an invisible chair.
- The San Esperito Military decal on the starboard side is inverted.
- It can rarely spawn on land in Esperito City.