By policy, long talk pages get archived. See the archives for any previous discussions on this page: Archive 1; Archive 2; Archive 3; Archive 4; Archive 5; Archive 6; Archive 7; Archive 8; Archive 9: Archive 10; Archive 11 and Archive 12.
Tips for Falco Maxime: CentcomEdit
- I didn't complete it early, but I suppose you could grapple around constantly to stay away from the FOW weapon and shoot from the parachute. Also, a good way to take out some items might be with a plane, or helicopter. You'd have to fly past at high speed multiple times and fire lots of missiles. If you get killed, anything you destroyed will still be destroyed when you return next time, so just keep trying. GMRE (talk) 21:15, December 23, 2015 (UTC)
BTW, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's Eve
- To you too and welcome back. Have you seen the big the news yet? GMRE (talk) 18:24, December 31, 2015 (UTC)
And I'm back againEdit
Something about the centcomsEdit
All their towers are destroyed one way or another
Cima Leon: Centcom is destroyed by a nuke
Corda Dracon: Centcom quite literally collapses in
- Yeah? GMRE (talk) 18:17, January 7, 2016 (UTC)
About the destructibles in JC3Edit
Will those need new articles or could they become new sections in existing pages? Like Antenna Towers are apparently redirects for Communications Mast. Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 22:02, January 10, 2016 (UTC)
- It would probably be better to make articles for them. Redirecting things to Gas Holders and Communications Mast is really more of a temporary thing. Or I don't know, those 2 are good examples of what are obviously still Gas Holders and Communications Masts. I guess it depends on weather anyone bothers to make those articles. I redirected those, because that was a quick and easy way to have a temporary solution. I'm not too likely to make those articles myself. GMRE (talk) 22:10, January 10, 2016 (UTC)
Splitting Cut game contentEdit
Infobox coding help.Edit
A couple of users like yourself have made infoboxes for your profile with a bunch of statistics. I want to do the same but I can't seem to figure out how to make custom statistics for it, such as "Vehicle(s) of Choice" because the code only seems to support a limited amount of statistics depending on what type of template you use.
I paid a visit to the Template article and didn't find any help there. Could you please tell me how to make a custom infobox template? Thanks. --UsernamehereCustoms (talk) 17:07, January 14, 2016 (UTC)
- Actually we're using the same one infobox. We've just made use of different lines. By leaving something blank, it won't appear. If you want to add a short list of favourite vehicles, see how the example on the template page has a list of locations.
- A template is made when the page is named "Template:Infobox Samplename". The Samplename must be 1 word. GMRE (talk) 17:19, January 14, 2016 (UTC)
A certain picEdit
Can you change the "e" and the "c"? You don't have to if you want, but again I'm a grammar and spelling policia.
- Done and I left a redirect, so the links still work. GMRE (talk) 16:27, January 15, 2016 (UTC)
So I just figured something out about my pictures. The ones taken as snapshots from a Fraps video clip appear as widescreen with black bars, but the ones taken using Steam are full screen.
Which do you prefer? I'll stop doing the other one.
- Why can't you take screenshots with fraps? That's how I've been making them for a while now. Also, try to take a picture of the same thing at the same time using both programs and see if there's a noticeable color/quality difference.
- Personally, I don't like pointless black bars. JC1 cut-scenes all have them and I cut them away from screenshots, using Paint. The subtitles are on the black area, so I've left a few of it. Example: Some Like it Hotter. Back then I was using Xfire for screenshots. GMRE (talk) 15:58, January 20, 2016 (UTC)
I just noticed that our WAM rank is currently 90 and it peaked at 33! I was actually surprised at how high(low?) it got and thought you might find it interesting. Our highest before that was something like 190, I believe. Obviously we were quite popular around the time that JC3 released. Kronos Talk 04:33, January 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Excellent. GMRE (talk) 16:49, January 22, 2016 (UTC)
This user changed the name of Volcano island in Medici to "Volcano Island" and he is not an admin. In fact he isn't anything. Not staff, admin, user...
- Just reported it to the higher ups while you were posting here. I've already moved it back. GMRE (talk) 19:52, January 26, 2016 (UTC)
Baby Panay (and the nuclear missiles) actually never leave Panau. Instead he does a giant loop around Panau all the while shooting you. Thought it might be interesting to note. BTW, this would've been impossible on just your handheld weapons. You need unlimited health and ammo mods Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 15:43, January 30, 2016 (UTC)
- I noticed that he doesn't leave Panau by constantly being able to see the islands under me, but I don't remember the exact route anymore. Did he go east? GMRE (talk) 17:25, January 30, 2016 (UTC)
- Well I also don't remember the route that exactly, but I do remember that it first passed by Kampung Kepulauan Selatan, then Kuala Rajang, and then briefly near Kem Port Pelangi, then it makes a massive u-turn around the Lautan Lama Desert, and then I don't exactly remember Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 23:40, January 30, 2016 (UTC)
Do you guys think the wiki is getting alot more spam since jc3 came out? 220.127.116.11 17:49, January 30, 2016 (UTC)
- Definitely. But that's because there's also a lot more people visiting the site now. GMRE (talk) 17:53, January 30, 2016 (UTC)
Some odd glitchEdit
My user avatar has been defaulting to the anonymous "white head" avatar sporadically
- The next time it happens, try to find out if you're still logged in. This sort of thing happened to me too a few times (not recently) and it seemed that wikia had automatically logged me out. GMRE (talk) 19:24, February 3, 2016 (UTC)
- No no no I am logged in and it displays a white head avatar
- When I'm not (logged in), there is a black head avatar with "Sign in" to the right of it
- I wish I could I could take a screenshot but I can't for some reason Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 19:32, February 3, 2016 (UTC)
- EDIT: I think I know what you mean by wikia logging you out
- That used to happen to me all the time after roughly an hour of inactivity after I last made an edit
- But I think that changed now because I can now make edits hours apart and it won't log me off Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 19:37, February 3, 2016 (UTC)