For previous messages from late 2012 and up: Archive.
Could you decrease the amount of empty space that your table code adds to the edges of all boxes? The older table code has none of it. Amphibious vehicles has 2 tables for easy comparison. It seems like the new table wastes a lot of space because of that, but the older table has much thicker lines, so maybe it just looks like it?
- I will most certainly add this to the log, thanks for reminding me. Now, for the table sizes. Over on User:Kronostradamus/Sandbox I have two tables set up, the basic table is 1231x384 on a 1920x1080 monitor while the new table is 1231x441. That is exactly a 14.84% increase. I agree that this is too much, so I'll mess with the code a little bit and get it somewhere in between the two. A little bit of padding is nice, but 15% is definitely a bit excessive. Kronos Talk 03:48, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
- I guess that's better. The transition from double to single lines still makes it look the way that it does, but there's not much that could be done about that. The single line versions should logically take less space, but the single lines stand out less, so that wouldn't look good. Unless maybe it could look like that? What do you think? GMRE (talk) 16:00, May 17, 2015 (UTC)
There's a glitchEdit
I'm not sure if it happens on larger screens yet, but go to the Triereme - RC Athena article and see what difference the <> code makes above the table. With out the code, the table gets pushed left by the infobox. I guess we could fix that by adding the code above larger tables where needed, but just pointing it out. GMRE (talk) 15:47, June 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Ah yes, I noticed the glitch on another article and never thought to use <br clear=all/> on it. Thanks for pointing that out. Not many articles have tables which are that close to the infobox so this should be easy to take care of. Kronos Talk 21:20, June 7, 2015 (UTC)
The official preorder info finally put some names and pictures together, allowing me to create the first 3 proper vehicle articles. Category:Just Cause 3 Vehicles.
It's seemingly possible to create two more articles, but that would be pushing it too far. One is the red classic sports car that was named in a pre-announcement screenshot, but 3 other things in those screenshots have already been renamed. The other is the yellow sports car. Looking closely, it's possible to see it's a "Vistosa", but the SnakeHead T20 also has a "Wilford" badge on the rear. GMRE (talk) 14:12, May 21, 2015 (UTC)
Safehouses, not safe housesEdit
Template:Portal/ContentsJC1 Safehouses is a single word. I can upload a scan of a game manual page that mentions it, if needed. Also, you got the extraction helicopter way wrong. I'll upload a picture from the extraction cut-scene for you tomorrow. Otherwise it's well done. GMRE (talk) 20:38, May 21, 2015 (UTC)
- I might change the color to red while I'm at it. I wanted to do green scan lines on the text, which would be quite fitting of JC1. The problem is that at such a small size, the scanlines are unnoticeable. I'll fix the safehouse issue and the helicopter when I have a chance. Thanks for the input! Kronos Talk 06:54, May 22, 2015 (UTC)
You need sleepEdit
BTW you don't have to reply
JC3 count downEdit
- I have no timezone set so it just goes by whatever a user has set for their system clock. At least it's supposed to. I can, however, set it to a specific timezone if you think that would be better. Kronos Talk 23:30, June 24, 2015 (UTC)
I added another link to Template:Portal/Contents, which ended up creating a noticeable gap at the bottom of the middle column. I put a picture there, to see if that could improve the situation, but I suspect that only makes it worse, because a picture can only have a set width, but the table has a different width at different screen resolutions.
- Interesting problem. I suppose it has to stay balanced. The noticeable gap doesn't look too bad, so it's probably not too much to worry about, especially if you think a link definitely deserves to be on the navigation. Kronos Talk 02:09, July 20, 2015 (UTC)
Hi, good afternoon, do you know what is the difference between this code br clear="all" and br clear=all? Thanks. -The Cat-
Admin input possibly neededEdit
When you get backEdit
There's another response on my talk page and there's something strange going on with the background today.
If I scroll any page, it looks like the background is connected to the top of the page, but another identical background will stay with me as I'm scrolling. That's probably some site update, because there's nothing about it on our recent history. GMRE (talk) 13:19, August 18, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm seeing the same thing. Although for me I think I've seen this before (and I had no idea this was called site updating)
- Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 14:19, August 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, that was only a day. Like earlier today, this site loaded each page in super slow motion for me. As if I'd be on 1990s internet, or something. Oh and you might want to look at the Site maintenance log once you're done with your work. There's no hurry, we still have months before JC3 gets out and shit hits the fan around here. GMRE (talk) 21:37, August 26, 2015 (UTC)
Something for you I guessEdit
- Seems alright, added us to the most appropriate footer. Anything to get rid of that ugly gaming controller logo thing... Kronos Talk 18:31, September 10, 2015 (UTC)
If you're not too busy vacationingEdit
come to my page chat pageEdit
come to my chat page so i can talk
- Ignore him. He's a troll.
- And BTW, add a signature buddy
- Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 13:07, September 14, 2015 (UTC)
Did you turn off Auto-correct on Recent Wiki Activity?Edit
For some reason its not showing up and therefore I have to refresh to see changes
For some reason my Internet connection is occasionally glitching and the small icon next to the link (like a green lock or a blank page) says something like "This page is encrypted with a modern cipher suite" but then sometimes the page loads fine
I've never seen it before
And this applies to every page I visit on this wiki and other wikias but when I pull up a link on another website its fine
I spy with my little eye...Edit
- Just checked the entire page. Every blue link. Everything works.
- @GMRE I think you meant "not".
- Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 21:22, September 30, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah I know. I clicked every single link on that page, including page history, FB, Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr, Talk:Main Page, About This Wiki, Administrators, Recent Changes, Active Users, Categories, Manual of Style, Community Portal, ...
- I don't know. If you say there is such a page, then I guess I didn't check a link (which if so, is well hidden) (highly unlikely)
- Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 00:33, October 1, 2015 (UTC)
- There's a difference???!!!
- Oh... oh wow there is
- Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 14:58, October 5, 2015 (UTC)