For previous messages from late 2012 and up: Archive.
What's your take on this?Edit
I've noticed you like to mess around with the wiki codeEdit
I have something for you: http://dev.wikia.com/wiki/Standard_Edit_Summary
See the Saints Row wiki for how it looks. Could you add that in a way that includes some custom edit summaries? The Saints Row wiki has more things in the list than we'd have use for, so maybe only include (in this order):
- Added/fixed links
- Improved readability
- Updated filename(s)
Anything else is rarely done here, so we can still type those. Also, notice how I used "Improved readability" instead of "Rewording".
- I will definitely look into implementing this as it would be incredibly useful. Shouldn't be too tough. Kronos Talk 23:38, April 1, 2015 (UTC)
I'm specifically talking about the fact the preview buttons are completely covered, and publish button is partially covered, as pictured. Obviously you didn't mean for this to happen, but it's happening all the same. You should be able to fix this using CSS to reposition it. -452 20:03, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Oh? This is how I see it, in both source and visual:
- What browser are you using? GMRE (talk) 20:13, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
- You are using "Wikia's classic rich-text editor". I am using the source editor, with the right rail collapsed, as shown in the image. It is not possible to collapse the right rail in "Wikia's classic rich-text editor". -452 20:32, April 8, 2015 (UTC) (edited 20:36, April 8, 2015 (UTC))
- I was mistaken, the right rail can be collapsed in the "source" tab of "Wikia's classic rich-text editor", however, the position of the elements is different, so the buttons are not covered. However, the Standard Edit Summary box is still poorly positioned. -452 20:39, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Also, doesn't the Saints Row wiki do it the same way? But of course, being no coding specialist, I wouldn't really know. GMRE (talk) 20:22, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
- No, I do not use the same version, although both are based on the version from the Runescape wiki, and I've contributed to the version on the Dev wiki. -452 20:32, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
- It appears I am a bit late to this discussion. If I can't adjust the standard edit summary tab, I will simply remove it entirely. It doesn't do this on a 1920x1080 display and I didn't bother checking on my smaller second monitor. Kronos Talk 22:45, April 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Your version information is both incorrect and misleading.
- I have compared the script here to my script, and it appears it is a direct copy, yet you are linking to http://dev.wikia.com/wiki/Standard_Edit_Summary. My script is not a descendant of that script, both scripts are based on the version from the runescape wiki.
- You have also copied the version information from the Saints Row Wiki, which means it is incorrect for here, as the script here was not "Adapted from http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js/standardeditsummaries.js". I wrote that line, because I adapted it. If you wish to adapt the runescape wiki's script yourself, you're free to do so, but as it is, your version information is misleading. -452 16:04, April 23, 2015 (UTC)
I found "tradamus"! It means "I hand over"
- Based on prior Latin knowledge
- I'm going to pretend that's exactly what it means. And leave the real meaning as a mystery *evil laughter* Kronos Talk 04:58, April 16, 2015 (UTC)
Retail box covers revealedEdit
I cut the edges and removed the PC DVD badge, but the resolution is pretty low. Yeah, I know, my microsoft Paint skill sucks here, but I guess you get the idea (hint). GMRE (talk) 19:32, April 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Updated the temporary cover art with the new boxart, removed the logos. Gotta say, it looks pretty good with the other two on the front page. I just hope a higher resolution one will pop up in the future, preferably with no artifacts. Kronos Talk 06:38, April 26, 2015 (UTC)
The homepage is blank! WTF did you do?!!Edit
- I have fixed it. In future, if you ever see a blank page, just purge it. -452 15:13, April 27, 2015 (UTC)
- I noticed from history that you had messed around with the wiki code and you edited the main page to add the countdown. My first Idea was that whatever you did with the coding could have disabled the main page templates. Anyway, I'll do more research next time. GMRE (talk) 15:20, April 28, 2015 (UTC)