For previous messages from late 2012 and up: Archive.
Bus with ice cream postersEdit
- God damn it. I'll either find that picture or upload a new one with the Ice Cream stuff. Sorry. Kronos Talk 03:29, January 8, 2015 (UTC)
I'm Andre and i'm a patroller of the GTA Wiki and an Admin of the Scarface wiki, I added a screenshot to that page because I felt it was empty at the time, I've been searching for a parrot picture either, but I couldn't find it, I enjoyed Just Cause 1 and 2, maybe if Just Cause 3 suits me as well, I may get back to this wiki and edit a lot as well ;) AndreEagle17 (talk) 12:27, January 27, 2015 (UTC)
- Sounds good! We could always use more pictures of the wildlife in Just Cause. Kronos Talk 02:19, January 28, 2015 (UTC)
Your handling templateEdit
The trouble is that the current handling tables haven't been proven to be based on anything scientific. For all we know, all info in them is someones personal opinion. The speed in km/h is from mods that show vehicle speed, so that info is trustworthy, but the other 4 numbers don't look like it. Like what about "handling"? What dumbass thought it would be sane to represent something so complex by a single number? Whos personal opinion is that based on anyway? One person might be looking for a car that's good for off-roading in the jungle and another might be looking for a good street-racer. How could we seriously claim that the one number is good for all purposes? Or what about the towing capacity of a tractor, or the ramming ability? Those and more are what compose "handling".
My point is that right now each one of the tables is accompanied by a sentence that says that the table info is from the official strategy guide, so we're not claiming it as an absolute fact. Your table (unless you'll add a similar sentence) would make it look like those numbers are the official claim of this wiki.
I'm gonna propose to add your template to the bottom of the current Template:Infobox Vehicle, where there could be a sort of a middle row to separate the bottom 4 lanes. The separating row could say something like "Statistics according to the official guide". CJ1 and JC3 could leave those 4 lanes blank and the statistics sentence wouldn't show either. Or maybe it would be easier to keep it as a separate template and add it right after the main infobox, so there wouldn't be a gap between them.
Either way, I think the speed in km/h (and miles per hours (converted from the km/h)) should be added to the "infobox vehicle", because that info is a fact and we'll probably get that info from JC3 as well.
- I agree with basically everything you said. I really don't understand how any form of handling can be given an arbitrary number, unless of course the driving system in Just Cause 2 uses those exact numbers for how well something turns? Regardless, they're 'official' stats. Adding it to Template:Infobox Vehicle is probably the best way to use my template -- with the disclaimer that the info is from a strategy guide, of course.
- So perhaps we would have the km/h - mph stats with the rest of the infobox and then a disclaimer to separate the strategy guide stuff. Along the lines of "The following statistics are from the official strategy guide." with the handling, top speed, acceleration, and armour afterward. Kronos Talk 02:05, January 28, 2015 (UTC)
I've noticed there's some space at the upper corners and you do like updating the background. Maybe cut the top edge of the picture off to move the pictures up a little? Or did you purposely make it that way? GMRE (talk) 21:15, February 12, 2015 (UTC)
- It's purposely like that. Up until very recently, the images lined up with the top of the main page content area - when the banner ad was showing. Now it looks like I'll have to move the images up a tad. Kronos Talk 00:01, February 13, 2015 (UTC)
We could make really basic JC3 vehicle articles to manage the info that's currently listed at Category:Just Cause 3 Vehicles and use the pictures from Just Cause 3 gallery, but should we? Those articles would get quality level 2. There's also that coastal town that by now appears in about 4 pictures. The main problem would be article names. Would we just call them "JC3 vehicle #5", or something? GMRE (talk) 11:28, February 15, 2015 (UTC)
- I'd say we leave vehicle specific articles alone until we have a name, a picture to go with the name, and a sentence of info. As information flows in, we can start adding actual articles. Including the coastal town, we don't know if any of this is going to get axed from the final release anyway, so it's probably best to leave stuff where it's at for now. Kronos Talk 23:07, February 15, 2015 (UTC)