For previous messages from late 2012 and up: Archive.
JC3 hard drive requirementEdit
According to the back of the box, it needs 45 GB. The installer says it's installing a total of 51409 MB and we know there's a "2.5 GB" patch. + various DLC and what not in the future. GMRE (talk) 16:59, December 3, 2015 (UTC)
- I have the same total as well. Didn't seem like I downloaded that much. Probably downloaded from a compressed file, I would imagine that is where the extra size came from. Kronos Talk 03:50, December 4, 2015 (UTC)
It says "missle" in the "Boats" section next to Bald Eagle Persuader
- Indeed it does. I didn't notice that actually. But this is why it's a sandbox :P Kronos Talk 03:12, January 26, 2016 (UTC)
Remember that featured pictures thing you have going somewhere (at the portals, right?)? Maybe the 4 pictures at the top of the main page could also be updated at times? What do you think? The ones currently used are all pretty good pictures, but how long will we have them there? GMRE (talk) 20:37, February 1, 2016 (UTC)
- This is actually something I was thinking about recently. Yeah, we'll definitely change the photos eventually but I'll have to find some nice HQ ones to fill in for them. They probably won't need to be changed very often though. Quarterly at the most. Kronos Talk 00:39, February 2, 2016 (UTC)
Maybe it's time again...Edit
...to expand the staff a little? User:SaddexProductions has been away for a really long time now and since you're not here every day either (or maybe you are, how would I know?), I don't want to have to be too worried if I should... um... die, or something. Or if someone manages the dig their way through the internet cable. GMRE (talk) 20:27, April 15, 2016 (UTC)
- This sounds smart. Who'd you have in mind? And I'm here...in the shadows. Kronos Talk 02:39, April 18, 2016 (UTC)
Google Chrome uninstalled on me! Now I have to reinsert passwords for everything!
Do you by any chance have any numbers...Edit
...that need to be calculated? Because it conveniently so happens that I have recently acquired a new semi-automated machine, equipped with many numbered buttons, capable of most precisely aiding in the task of estimating the results of adding as well as subtractional calculations. One might even call it a calculator, for calculations are in fact its sole purpose. GMRE (talk) 19:49, May 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Oh, holy shit, I didn't realize that wasn't a game screenshot until now... That thing is awesome, actually. Does it work well? Kronos Talk 04:55, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
- The most left column of buttons nolonger works, but that only means that it's limited to 11-digit numbers instead of 12-digits. Also, I don't know what the red "C" button is suppose to do, so I don't know if it works. The rest of it works fine, as advertised in the bottom of the picture. GMRE (talk) 14:59, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
Something you might like to doEdit
What does this error mean?Edit
I noticed that the lower half of the blue area on the background is visible while making a new article, so I tried to upload a new version of it with a slightly higher resolution smiley in the lower center. Obviously the file size increased a little (to 440 KB), but I got this error message: "Filename has been changed to "Wiki-background.jpeg". Please modify the file description below and try again." I'm assuming you've seen that before. What's the problem? GMRE (talk) 16:01, May 13, 2016 (UTC)
- Is there something wrong with the lower half (as in the gun sticking out part)? Because it doesn't look like something's wrong...
- BTW, just trying to be helpful Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 16:20, May 13, 2016 (UTC)
- Now if I could only find what page I was on when I discovered the ability to see the background. Basically this link from the top of the page makes a pop-up to type the new page name and lower half of the background was visible. Somehow I can't duplicate it now. Reloading the mainpage can reveal the background for a moment, but this needs more testing. GMRE (talk) 09:19, May 14, 2016 (UTC)