As seen in the E3 trailer.
|Vehicle in Just Cause 3|
|List of owners||Civilians|
|Top speed (km/h)||46.3|
|Top speed (mph)||25 (knots)|
The Whaleshark is a ship in Just Cause 3.
It's an ocean going trawler fishing ship. It has a open rear deck with a large mast structure over it. The hull then rises up to the bow deck and bridge. It appears in several different color combinations and it's so far the largest civilian boat.
The Rebel drop description states: "Once a vibrant sector of the national economy, Medici's fishing fleet amounts to little more than these half-rusted hulks, battered from decades of daily use."
It can get up to a sustained speed of 24 knots and may momentarily reach 25.
- Common around the coasts of Insula Fonte and Insula Dracon, as well as further out to sea.
- 2 at Vico Spigola.
- Colle Salrosa.
- It seems to be a successor to the Trawler from Just Cause (1).
- While the real-life whaleshark is an ocean-going filter feeding shark, the boat's appearance and the combination of "whale" and "shark" in its name may be a subtle nod toward the vessel "Orca" from the movie Jaws (1975).
- It has text on the cabin reading "Trencho Del Vita".
- It is also capable of transporting vehicles and artillery across large bodies of water; cars and armored vehicles can be boarded onto the vessel's stern deck through a side opening when docked, or hoisted aboard by grappling them to its crane.